• The odds aren’t very good that the Germans will win.

2 infantry + 2 fighters + 1 bomber vs 2 infantry 1 artillery 1 tank 2 fighters 1 bomber is a bad battle.

Remember, most people no longer play by the box rules with instant techs. So you can’t just roll all dice for long range then attack with all fighters available to Germany, because that indeed would be imbalanced.

And also remember that Russia can land their fighter in England if necessary to help with defense.

• It’s GE 1inf 1tnk 2fig 1bmb. Still a bad battle.

• Whoops you’re right. It’s definitely a bad battle since UK has 2 more land units, an AA gun, and all of them are on defense for more hits.

• Ok can someone please explain what “instant tech” is lol?

• Instant tech is when you roll for a tech and it applies immediately that turn. So if you rolled for Long Range Aircraft at the beginning of the German turn, then all your aircraft instantly get the range boost and could attack London.

Current rulings from the game designer and big tournaments all indicate delayed tech now, you get the tech one turn after you rolled it (if you rolled the right number).

• @Bean:

Instant tech is when you roll for a tech and it applies immediately that turn. So if you rolled for Long Range Aircraft at the beginning of the German turn, then all your aircraft instantly get the range boost and could attack London.

Current rulings from the game designer and big tournaments all indicate delayed tech now, you get the tech one turn after you rolled it (if you rolled the right number).

Current HOUSE rulings.  There is still no official fix to instant tech.

• @Bean:

Actually the tech is effective as a part of the mobilize units phase.  This is a key distinction for Jet power.  If I am Germany and I’ve developed Jet Power, my fighter defense would be “5” if I was attacked any time during this game turn BEFORE my next turn.

@LHTR:

Step 4: Mark Developments
    If your research was successful, place your control marker in the column on the Weapons
    Development Chart under the appropriate development. Your development becomes effective
    during Phase 6: Mobilize New Units of your turn.

• Current HOUSE rulings.  There is still no official fix to instant tech.

LHTR is official.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No idea if LHTR is official or not, but I think a better fix would be to give England +2 Infantry, +1 Artillery, +1 Fighter and leave tech for the start of the game turn. :P

• Rofl.

Or how about have the Russians land a fighter in London =P

@Bean:

Rofl.

Or how about have the Russians land a fighter in London =P

Yea, but now you are down a fighter in Asia for both attack and defense.

• Maybe that would mean Germany doesn’t need a bid :P?

• LHTR is about as official as you are going to get…

Authorized and approved by the game designer, and used by all 5 (well 4 now I guess with Flames being offline) A&A gaming sites.

• @Bean:

Current HOUSE rulings.  There is still no official fix to instant tech.

LHTR is official.

LHTR is not sanctioned by Wizards of the Coast or Hasbro last I checked.

Therefore it is NOT official.

I would very much prefer LHTR to be official.  Maybe we should start a petition.

Craig,

I and a buddy on here have been play testing LHTR 2.0 and we’ve found the allies to be significantly over powered with the average technologies.  The nerfs to the axis do not balance out.  Yes, the allies were nerfed too, but the axis more so.

BTW, the dominant strategy for LHTR 2.0, so far, is KJF.

We’ve played with a few options.  Right now we’re testing what happens if you just pick your NAs instead of randomizing them.  Under randomization the allies lost once in 5 games, and that was because Russia and England both got the STUPIDEST advantages possible while Japan and Germany got some pretty powerful ones.  Even then, it was pretty darn close. (England had Mideast Oil - Useless in KGF and almost Useless in KJF and French Resistance which is also pretty useless.  3 infantry are not going to make much of a difference in holding W. Europe or not.  Maybe in pushing forward faster, IF you get W. Europe and hold it.)  (Russia’s were not much better.)

Anyway, from what I can tell, LHTR 1.3 is the most balanced.  With each nation getting average National Advantages (3-4 good, 2-3 bad/moderate) the axis wins 40-60% and the allies win 40-60% with 3 ipc bids.

But that’s just my experience with it.  I’m a pretty good shot at KJF lately, and the NAs kinda assist in KJF (Enigma, Colonial Garrison, Radar, War Economy, Marines, Non-Aggression, Rail, etc, etc.  Almost all of them seem to make Japan easier to crack in 1.3 and even easier in 2.0.)

I guess if you only play tested going KGF you might think LHTR 2.0 is more balanced. (Though, to be honest, I’d say drop the stupid german scientists and bring back Fortress Europe.)

• I think that that didn’t go anywhere because of problems that would arise from people have two different versions in their Revised game box and that anyone buying a game from the store wouldn’t know whether they were getting the old rules or the new rules.  Or newbies not knowing that there were two different versions of the rules out there.

How about put both in future boxes?
    Then new buyers know about LHTR.
    Old buyers who still plays would be enough of an axis and allies fan to know the deal imo.

• IMHO the changes in LHTR do not make enough of a change in the game to make the Axis preferred.

NAs are relatively balanced out.  I think the LHTR NAs are far superior to OOB or OOB/FAQ.

@newpaintbrush:

NAs are relatively balanced out.  I think the LHTR NAs are far superior to OOB or OOB/FAQ.

I certainly agree here.

My only bone of contention is that LHTR 2.0 seems to have unbalanced the NAs some.  I like the NAs from Revised the best, but LHTR 1.3 had some good ones.  (Sorta wish Russia had more useful ones though.)

• I need some transport help people. Let’s say I’m the UK and want to amph assault multiple German territories. Am I allowed to load up two infantry on one transport, drop one off in combat and take a territory, and then in NC drop the other inf off in/on friendly territory? I can’t remember whether or not I can do that or whether it is legal/illegal. Any help would be great. I hope I was clear.

• No, you can only land from a TRN in one territory, and you can only land in either combat or non-combat.

The only exception is a National Advantage that Japan could possibly get that allows them to offload INF into 2 different territories that touch the same sea zone during Combat Movement from the same Transport.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m