• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

This is where the Stanovoy range is located.

It makes sense as a name for the new territory, but still doesn’t explain the logic behind naming the Vladivostok/Primorsky territory “Buryatia” when the actual province of Bury is much further to the West, alongside lake Baikal.

• Yes, the additional territoy should be called Buryatia and the coastline province e.g. “Amur”, “Khabarosk” or “Primorsky”

• @Krieghund:

Stanovoj Chrebet.

Thanks Krieghund, another fact;
    I was missing this territory name for my AA50PlayersAid map.
    I had randomly choosen that mountain range, the Stanovoy.  I then classified it an Okrug.  I will update on R4 of the map.  Also, great point Black Elk and Atlanticwall.  I know its only a game, but it adds to the overall texture and feel, when geography has a tighter reflection.
    Was that you map Black Elk?  Very nice, wish I could do what you did, nice proportions on your territories, the whole thing, bringing the projections togeither.
    I will go over and post in that thread.
    Krieghund, can you confirm the name of the other new territory-the one above Moscow/Russia?
    Between Archangelsk and Evenki…

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Yeah I drew that map up from scratch over the course a couple years. I think I’ve redrafted it like 100 times now hehe, but I finally settled on this one as the projections for the major continents and land masses.

If you want to use the projection to make you own maps I don’t mind.:)
    Just drop my  name somewhere in the credits if you end up using it.
    Jason W. Clark

I tried to make the basic underlying map as versatile as possible, but I also have bunch of drafts with with city circles and sea zones all drawn in. My dream is to make a game called Domination 1900 out this one, and then other scenarios for different periods. Kind of out there though I know.

Here the 1900 map, rough draft but has most of the ideas layed out

Also a Red Dawn cold war concept.

Some others too, but I probably shouldn’t hijack Hobbes thread to show off. :)

• Oops-Thanks for the thread Hobbes,

Sometimes no matter how much magnification I try I can’t read some of those territories from those pictures. 
    Its hard to follow a conversation where people state, " you know, that new territory next to Bury. "  Now we know…
    Black elk, thanks for the offer.  I would like to use those projections.  I will attempt to merge what I have done so far with what your talking about?  I have some questions, but too Late tonite, have to be up in a few hours.  I will contact you in the next couple days

• Official Q&A

@Bluestroke:

Krieghund, can you confirm the name of the other new territory-the one above Moscow/Russia?

Urals.

• @Krieghund:

@Bluestroke:

Urals.

Krieghund,

Could you also confirm the names of the Chinese territories: Tsinghai, Shansi, Ningsia, Sikang, Fukien (or Kiangsi?), Kwangtung, Yunnah,  Kiangsu (the Jap controlled one)?

• Official Q&A

Chinghai, Ningxia, Suiyuan, Hupeh, Sikang, Yunnan and Fukien.  Kwangtung is the UK territory that contains Hong Kong.  Kiangsu is the Japanese-controlled territory that contains Shanghai.

• @Krieghund:

Chinghai, Ningxia, Suiyuan, Hupeh, Sikang, Yunnan and Fukien.  Kwangtung is the UK territory that contains Hong Kong.  Kiangsu is the Japanese-controlled territory that contains Shanghai.

Thanks a bunch! We were trying to figure those ones out :)

• @Krieghund:

@Bluestroke:

Urals.

Thanks Krieghund for the Answer and
    Hobbes for the next Question.
    you have completed my Basic AA50PlayersAid map. Bonus !!! the Chinese territoires names.
    now, I can focus on territory shapes and unit placement and
    maybe some Quality-LOL.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m