Axis & Allies Iron Blitz, is there a patch???

• It works fine but when I click a unit the cursor disappears and I have to guess where it is to move the unit. Is there any fix for it or a vista patch?

Many thanks!!!

• '10

One of our club’s tech gurus did a little investigating on Vista issues.  Here are his findings…it seems it can be fixed.

http://axisandalliesworldclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1044

• Thanks for the quick reply. Didn’t help, I rolled back my nvidia drivers and still no cursor <sigh>.

Thanks!</sigh>

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Get TripleA, it’s free and has all the same rules as Axis and Allies Iron Blitz as well as some others.  Seriously, I sold my old Iron Blitz because TripleA is faster and does not crash as often.  (Yes, you can still play over the internet with it, just not with me.  Something’s wrong with my firewall and it won’t let me connect or even open saved games from other players.)

• Jen:

How did you try to open Triplea saved games? As you may have found out just double clicking the file doesn’t work. Using “open with” won’t work either because Java programs never show up in the list of programs.

To use a Triplea saved game file you need to put the file into the savedGames folder in the Triplea directory then open the saved game from within Triplea. That should work.

As for the firewall issue, if you configure your firewall to allow Triplea to use port 3300 you should be good to go. That’s the default port, however you can choose whatever port you like. But if you do decide to use something other than 3300 you need to change the default in Triplea to match it. ~ZP

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m