Omg can we have a real A&A game please!?!?

• TripleA was great, for awhile. Then I couldnt find one darn person to PBEM with.
    Now, I’m so out of it, but it looks like the 2342 map variants could have something to do with pushing folks away.

Everywhere I go, there is no ‘start’ here type of mentality to the inner circle that is the A&A world and how that group plays.
    even the TRIPLEA site really doesnt lend a hand as far as letting a person know what is the standard method of playing, what to do etc etc.

So I’ve been reading around.

Looks like they now have a sanctioned a&a board game online here: http://www.gametableonline.com/gameinfo.php?gid=24

Anyone know about this one?

I really enjoyed the PBEM games from TRIPLEA.  Was very fun to come home, see a nice new email with moves attached, load em up and plan my strat.  Sometimes I would get TWO moves a day!  Now that’s fun! :)

I tried to get a few people into it, just too confusing as to where to start.  Even for me and I’ve been through it.  Player base lacking too.

What is everyone using on these forums? I see there is a map to download and use, but no real gui system that allows you to move / not move based on rules etc like TripleA.

• '16 '15 '10

People here use Battlemap + forum diceys to play….it’s a much more complicated and time-consuming style then using software TripleA or GTO, but it has its upsides.  The popular games right now are Global (Pacific + Europe) and AA50 (which u can also play on TripleA).

GTO offers 1942 and Revised (also available using TripleA).  They have nicely designed maps and get a huge volume of live players, plus there are PBE games (for a small fee).  However their program lacks the features you find in the TripleA software.  But if Revised or 1942 are your preference you won’t have problems finding opponents on GTO.

TripleA is alive and well–right now the popular games are WWv3 (41) and New World Order…easy to find PBEM opponents for those games.  People play Revised and 42 there too…but it may be harder to find PBEM opponents (many more games of Revised and 42 get played on GTO).  You can use the TripleA Revised ladder on TripleAWarClub to find expert level PBEM games.  TripleA is free and non-buggy.

• Can you tell me the difference between all of those?  Like what rules do the new world order use and 1941/42?  Or what the dif is between v2v3v4??
    Very confusing, and I played quite a few pbem games on TripleA long ago.

Thanks

• I don’t know much about TripleA but I like abattlemap and using a online dice roller. I made a tutorial to help people use it and the dicey roller, found at www.axisandallies.us. I play at www.aamc.net

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m