• ya but it’s no fun for those your playing against.

• I guess if you have to quit early at least have a discussion about it

if both sides sees it in a similar way then its not too bad to stop the game

especially if its not for competition, no harm telling the conceding enemy the weaknesses you see of your position

• @Bel:

If you quit early you will never know the limit of your own skill.

I should say that I would only concede before rnd 5 in LL games. With ADS this aspect is very different.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

What fun is it to command a game you already won?  All it is from that point on is a risk that the loser will get a lucky break of the dice and win.  I prefer it when people resign, it becomes a guaranteed win, instead of a highly probable win.

• :x
    Anyone here played Bung lately?
    He pulled the, Carrier to an exposed forward position to get more range for his fighter, then did a delete move for the carrier. After the battle, the fighter having survived, he withdrew the carrier even further away! I notified him of this mis-movement, and his reply was,“Aw, you’ll live”.
    I informed him that delibrately bending the rules was not acceptable. He replied that the carrier would not be a problem for  5 more turns. I’m not sure what that ws supposed to explain, but I resigned from the game.
    I’m just curious if anyone else has had this done to them in games recently  :?

You have to do it in TripleA.  That’s because TripleA is broken.

However, I do not believe you have to move the carrier to retrieve the fighters in NCM.  You just have to have a valid landing zone for each of your fighters when they make the combat movement.  No rule I know of, could be wrong, states you HAVE to recover the fighters.

If there is no landing zone, however, they go splash/crash and you lose them.

• You have to declare the INTENT to move the AC if you need it to recover FIGs, but if the FIGs die, you are not obligated to keep that declared move when NCM rolls around (If you need to land FIGs though, then YES, you HAVE to make the move in NCM)

I see it, buried on page 25 of LHTR 2.0 almost at the very, very bottom.

Yes, you do have to move the carrier if that was your declared safe landing zone and NO OTHER landing zone is present.

However, if you declare the carrier to be a valid safe landing zone, but then decide to go with ANOTHER landing zone (that is a legal landing zone) you do NOT have to move the carrier.

Planned Carrier retreats are not permitted.  And you can assume 100% accuracy on offense and 0% accuracy on defense which does and is intended to lead to abuse!  (So you could attack with a submarine against 40 battleships to “clear the sea zone” for your carriers to move in and send your fighters out stating the LZ will be in the sea zone your submarine is attacking.)

• :|
    I know the rule.
    I was just asking if anyone else had been cheated in this way lately. :?

• @newpaintbrush:

@Bean:

Sounds like you’re fighting…

teh Jenf0rces!

lolz.

Gotta admit, I got a good chuckle out of that one  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m