Why buy ANZAC and FEC Miniatures?

• ANZAC’s color is grey-brown. FEC’s color is blonde. But their turns are conducted simultaneous with Great Britain’s and their units are all the same except for FEC’s Gurkhas. I can just use Great British tan units for all three countries.

KMT China has a similar situation with the US and CCP China with the Soviet Union.

So, I’m considering not purchasing any pieces for ANZAC, FEC, CCP China, or KMT China except a set of grey-brown mountain HBG pieces to represent the Gurkhas. I know that grey-brown is really for ANZAC, but if I’m not using any other “ANZAC” colored pieces, then I can use grey-brown for FEC. They don’t make the mountain piece in blonde, and Gurkhas are basically upgraded mountain troops.

Anything I’m missing?

• '18 '17 '16

Different colours are just for aesthetics. It’s your choice.

• Hello,

You 100% can use the same color for the British and FEC.

Most players use the pieces from Axis and Allies 1940 sets, so they already have most ANZAC pieces, but you are right that if you do not want to, you can use one color for all Commonwealth units. For Ghurkas I painted ANZAC infantry the same color as FEC. You can also use regular infantry with a Ghurka roundel from HBG.

You do need a different color for CCP since they are part of the Comintern but do not move with Russian units like the Commonwealth does. I use the red Chinese infantry pieces from A&A Pacific and got the rest from HBG. There is also an edition of A&A Pacific where the Japan units where red, so you can use those also if you have it.

For nationalist China, again if you have an A&A set, you already have the green infantry pieces, but can use US olive green pieces for artillery and Anti-Aircraft, mountain infantry and cavalry if you don’t want to paint them.

Enjoy building your set. That is part of the fun of this game.

• @Noneshallpass Very helpful suggestions! Thank you so much!

Didn’t catch the Chinese CCP requirement to evolve to a major power before being able to attack together. Then I noted the same requirement for China KMT (but we already get some KMT pieces with A&A '40 Pacific). So it’s worth it to get some CCP pieces too. Thanks for the advice. It’s a lot to learn, but the community’s super supportive! 8 )

• @HBG-GW-Enthusiast There actually is a reason to have different colors—at least for ANZAC troops. ANZAC has different surrender conditions from FEC and the UK (FEC surrenders when UK does). You could be in a situation where you have both ANZAC and UK/FEC units in the same territory, but ANZAC is forced to surrender. This means you should have a way to differentiate these troops, and the easiest way to do that is to have different colors.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m