• Sponsor

Hey everyone,

Here is the Italy video for my strategy series on youtube.

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGow98LUYl4

• Do a lot of British players tend to attack Tobruk (just with land units, saving air units for the sea battles) even at slightly bad odds, just to try to kill Italian units?

• Sponsor

@calvinhobbesliker:

Do a lot of British players tend to attack Tobruk (just with land units, saving air units for the sea battles) even at slightly bad odds, just to try to kill Italian units?

It’s tricky when dividing units for all 3 battles, but the UK has tried it twice in our games with great success (although good dice always help).

• YG,
    many thanks for the video!

• Thanks YG. I was trying to figure a good Italian strategy to come to games. But instead it looks like I need to react to british attacks and make a good counter attack.

Can’t wait to see an ANZAC video :-D

• Sponsor

Thanks guys, Cheers.

• Hi Young Grasshopper! Thanks for all of the instructions! Very nicely done and very helpful even to some of us older players! I was wondering where you got the cards for the National Objectives? That is just what we need so we never forget to add in our National Objective income. Thanks!

• Sponsor

@Gen.:

Hi Young Grasshopper! Thanks for all of the instructions! Very nicely done and very helpful even to some of us older players! I was wondering where you got the cards for the National Objectives? That is just what we need so we never forget to add in our National Objective income. Thanks!

Hey GN, I created them myself in illustrator and I’ve been working to clean up the file as well as size them right so I can make them available for you guys. Check in on this forum in a few weeks if you want to print some yourself, my file should be ready.

• Hey YG, you should make a video about moving those chinese infantry. hehehe :-D

• Many thanks to you YG. Your videos are very informative and helpful especially to novice players like me. Look forward to each one!
    Was wondering if it would be worth keeping Italian R1 money and purchasing a battleship R2 to replace the one lost in R1? Although my thoughts are that the Italians are more in need of fighters and land units. Thoughts?

• Sponsor

@lamdan:

Many thanks to you YG. Your videos are very informative and helpful especially to novice players like me. Look forward to each one!
    Was wondering if it would be worth keeping Italian R1 money and purchasing a battleship R2 to replace the one lost in R1? Although my thoughts are that the Italians are more in need of fighters and land units. Thoughts?

Thanks Lamdan, I really appreciate that. To answer your question… I find nothing wrong with saving 10 IPCs to spend more next turn, however, it’s extremely difficult plan a future purchase for Italy as the landscape may not allow for a battleship. Also, you can never go wrong with a fighter turn 1, but if a navy is your goal… than you should save for the required muscle ships needed to protect the navy. Remember, out of all the ships available for purchase, the most valuable for the Italians is the transport and fighters can scramble to protect them just as much as a battleship (although battleships can protect transports away from Rome), you might want to consider an aircraft carrier… they are cheaper and Germany can help by landing fighters on it.

• By leaving the UK boats alone after the Taranto raid, isn’t this detrimental to Italy in regards to the convoy zone? Can they afford to lose the max amount of IPCs by not attacking the Brits? I realize the French boats can escape into the Atlantic or hit your remaining fleet off of Rome, but you can still scramble there. I tried YG’s Italian move after being decimated R1 in Taranto and off of Malta then was convoyed so I didn’t really make any money. Just looking for more opinions on this. Thanks as always.

• @UKMaverick:

By leaving the UK boats alone after the Taranto raid, isn’t this detrimental to Italy in regards to the convoy zone? Can they afford to lose the max amount of IPCs by not attacking the Brits? I realize the French boats can escape into the Atlantic or hit your remaining fleet off of Rome, but you can still scramble there. I tried YG’s Italian move after being decimated R1 in Taranto and off of Malta then was convoyed so I didn’t really make any money. Just looking for more opinions on this. Thanks as always.

Germany should kill the British fleet there, since they have more planes and can afford the losses more. Yes, you lose money for 1 turn, but you’ll bounce back after that.

• Sponsor

@UKMaverick:

By leaving the UK boats alone after the Taranto raid, isn’t this detrimental to Italy in regards to the convoy zone? Can they afford to lose the max amount of IPCs by not attacking the Brits? I realize the French boats can escape into the Atlantic or hit your remaining fleet off of Rome, but you can still scramble there. I tried YG’s Italian move after being decimated R1 in Taranto and off of Malta then was convoyed so I didn’t really make any money. Just looking for more opinions on this. Thanks as always.

The Axis must try to control the Med Sea, even if Taranto gets smashed, and even if the idea of controlling Egypt is lost… because if the Med Sea belongs to the Allies, Rome will soon follow.

• @Young:

@UKMaverick:

The Axis must try to control the Med Sea, even if Taranto gets smashed, and even if the idea of controlling Egypt is lost… because if the Med Sea belongs to the Allies, Rome will soon follow.

Understandable, I guess I was just curious if the Italians should take it out even if for example a loaded carrier and a destroyer is remaining after Taranto? After you hit southern France’s boats you’re virtually left with A couple boats anyways, and you bank around 16/17 IPCs depending on what you attack, not 7ish. Let the French escape or come in to try and wipe the rest of the Italian fleet out? I don’t know honestly. This is my first game with the axis using the 2nd edition setup. It’s only round 2 and I feel Germany and Italy are both weak and not in position to do a successful push into Russia by say round 3. I could be wrong since I’m normally a Debbie downer ha.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m