• NOTE Not every game I will just this strategy but this is my go to for turn one.

Russia
    Buy 5 inf 2 art 1 tank 2 mech
    Declare war on Japan
    Move forces towards western Ukraine and Beralus
    Move 115 ships to 116
    Move sub from 127 to 112
    Move the vyborg and karelian men to Leningrad
    Move fighter and/or tactical from Moscow to Yunan
    Move tank and mech from Volgograd to sikang
    Move the Eastern army back one space except for the troops in buryatia
    Place 2 inf and 1 art in Leningrad and Ukraine put the rest in Moscow
    Philosophy: help China kill Japan with the other Allies while stalling and strafing the Germans

USA
    If not in war then place 2 carriers and a battleship if I am in the war place 1 carrier, 1 bomber, 1 destroyer, 1 sub 1 transport and one 1 inf
    Move forces close to Japan
    Place everything in western Germany
    Philosophy, KJF then swing around with all the allies towards Germany

China
    Save money
    Take back Burma Road if it Japanese take it
    move forces towards Yunan 
    Philosophy: Annoy Japan

U.K
    Buy 6 inf 1 fighter and 3 inf 2 artillery
    Declare war on Japan
    Do the taranto raid
    Ethiopia attack
    Mop up the  German battleship if still alive
    Move Canadians over if possible
    Pull the men in Alexandria back
    Move the south Africans up
    Walk into eastern Persia
    Move Indians towards Yunan
    Place everything in the major factories
    Philosophy: Beat up Italy first while preventing sea lion
    Philosophy: fortify China with the Indians

Anzac
    Buy 1 inf 1 transport
    If J1 then take DNG If not at war then take java
    Move planes to Sydney move ships to 54

France
    Move Syrian dude towards Cairo along with the west African
    Move the destroyer in 72 to 81
    Philosophy do what you can to be a road bump with your dead carcass some call a country

• I’m curious when I read this so I have to ask. You mentioned an unprovoked declaration of war on Japan UK1. Is there a particular reason for this? I always assumed letting Japan take the money islands and start to push towards Calcutta while the USA is still not at war would spell doom. Perhaps I am missing something? Is there a reason for this going into UK2 and beyond?

• In some circumstances it can be worth it as the UK to declare war on Japan first in order to get the bonus money for UK Pacific and Anzac.

• Japan doesn’t have to worry about the United States until round 4 if the UK declares war on turn 1.  Therefore they can have a large force in Kwangsi along with the Navy in the adjacent SZ 36.  With a Naval Base in Hainan, Japan can threaten to use their forces to attack Yunnan, Burma, or India.  The massive airforce adds power to the threats.  At that point the UK will be forced to retreat their forces to India; China will either make a stand at Yunnan to reduce Japanese ground forces or retreat to avoid a massacre.

I have seen times where a UK2 DOW makes sense.  The only way that a UK1 DOW makes sense if Japan had a horrible foray into Russia on J1.  It usually is impossible to have the Allies hold Yunnan on J2.

• @Arthur:

Japan doesn’t have to worry about the United States until round 4 if the UK declares war on turn 1.  Therefore they can have a large force in Kwangsi along with the Navy in the adjacent SZ 36.  With a Naval Base in Hainan, Japan can threaten to use their forces to attack Yunnan, Burma, or India.  The massive airforce adds power to the threats.  At that point the UK will be forced to retreat their forces to India; China will either make a stand at Yunnan to reduce Japanese ground forces or retreat to avoid a massacre.

I have seen times where a UK2 DOW makes sense.  The only way that a UK1 DOW makes sense if Japan had a horrible foray into Russia on J1.  It usually is impossible to have the Allies hold Yunnan on J2.

I didn’t realize the situation with the U.S attacking on turn Four because almost every fame my opponent chooses J1 or J2 so maybe I should change. Thanks for helping with my strategy. I am still a new player and I would appreciate it if you helped out my strategy in any way you can.

• '19 '17 '16

@ChocolatePancake:

In some circumstances it can be worth it as the UK to declare war on Japan first in order to get the bonus money for UK Pacific and Anzac.

The major reason to do this is to move forces into Yunnan if it means you can defend it.

• RougeOne, most of what you said sounds pretty good, with the exception of UK DOW on Japan UK1 for the reasons others have posted. Having the Russians push into China with fast moving units and air will help the Allies in the Asian land battle. You really want to bulk up def in China, and the Russians could head back once things are stable (try not to get them killed). You might even consider having the Russians (or UK India) send an AA gun into China, but that could be problematic if you can’t get the Siberian AA guns to Moscow in time. You basically want to turn China into a meat grinder to chew up Japanese ground units.

Just as a side note, I like to buy a ftr every other round for the Russians so I can attack any weak spots the Germans might have, or to trade one of the ICs I may have lost w/o losing much of my valuable inf/art. When sending units into China, you have to decide if they stay, or when to bring them back (in time for the Germans). You should also have some UK ftrs on standby to get to Moscow if it is just to stall the Germans for a round or two.

I have DOW on UK2 at times, but only if I can kill a handful of Japanese ground units. This means that the Japanese would have not DOW J1 or J2 (rare these days) and have some units near your front lines like maybe be battling for Yunnan. I will typically buy a couple mech for India on UK1. I like to have a bit of a mobile force so I can move into China w/o being caught on the coast in Burma (easy to Amphib). That way if the Japanese are dragging their feet and didn’t DOW by J2, on UK2 I can use my mech and any inf in Burma/Shan to sweep into Yunnan w/some air power to smack the Japanese stack, or to reinforce it.

I also like that you do the responsible thing and have UK add def to London on the first buy. As you gain more experience you can experiment with that, maybe even bait the Germans into attempting a Sea Lion. Sucker punching Italy UK1 is also good IMO.

• @WILD:

RougeOne, most of what you said sounds pretty good, with the exception of UK DOW on Japan UK1 for the reasons others have posted. Having the Russians push into China with fast moving units and air will help the Allies in the Asian land battle. You really want to bulk up def in China, and the Russians could head back once things are stable (try not to get them killed). You might even consider having the Russians (or UK India) send an AA gun into China, but that could be problematic if you can’t get the Siberian AA guns to Moscow in time. You basically want to turn China into a meat grinder to chew up Japanese ground units.

Just as a side note, I like to buy a ftr every other round for the Russians so I can attack any weak spots the Germans might have, or to trade one of the ICs I may have lost w/o losing much of my valuable inf/art. When sending units into China, you have to decide if they stay, or when to bring them back (in time for the Germans). You should also have some UK ftrs on standby to get to Moscow if it is just to stall the Germans for a round or two.

I have DOW on UK2 at times, but only if I can kill a handful of Japanese ground units. This means that the Japanese would have not DOW J1 or J2 (rare these days) and have some units near your front lines like maybe be battling for Yunnan. I will typically buy a couple mech for India on UK1. I like to have a bit of a mobile force so I can move into China w/o being caught on the coast in Burma (easy to Amphib). That way if the Japanese are dragging their feet and didn’t DOW by J2, on UK2 I can use my mech and any inf in Burma/Shan to sweep into Yunnan w/some air power to smack the Japanese stack, or to reinforce it.

I also like that you do the responsible thing and have UK add def to London on the first buy. As you gain more experience you can experiment with that, maybe even bait the Germans into attempting a Sea Lion. Sucker punching Italy UK1 is also good IMO.

Thanks a lot for the help. One of the reasons I buy defense on London UK1 is because it limits Germany’s options. Even if germany never attempts sealion, A nice army of 10-11 infantry on Britain is always a good idea in case you ever need to land units quickly in Europe. Turn one is the only turn I have were I am not building factories or building in factories so that’s when I build my army.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

The others have some good points;  Declare war on Japan with Russia if you must;  but this is only necessary if you intend to 1) bring America into the Russian War 2) to attack Manchuria or Korea.

You may want to leave the Mongolian Situation as it is.  This favors Russia;  Russia cannot lose all of its territory in the far east until Japan attacks amur.    If Russia declares, then the Mongolian deterrent is gone for that game.  As long as you have not attacked, you can still rely on those 6 extra troops (and the 18 you already had) to dissuade Japan from doing anything over there.  This remains effective for many turns, Japan may still be dissuaded from attacking you late in the game.

The Russians can enter china as long as they are at war, so they can still help defensively on that side without affecting the Mongolian Rules unless they attempt to recapture Chinese Japan-held territory adjacent to Mongolia.    That’s also why I hide my Chinese troops in the far NW corner, rather than attempt to regain the silk road…in most games, you wont.  That also is the reason why you want a UK DoW…it permits you to grab and hold the silk road.

Japan can really diminish Russia by taking 7 eastern income away so the longer you prevent or dissuade them from attacking you, the better.

• '19 '17 '16

Mongolian rule is not nullified by a DOW. Only an attack on Korea or a border territory.

There is a reason to DOW on Japan - to bring troops into China from Europe. OOB there is no reason not to DOW.

A full migration of the Soviet Eastern force can be a reason to activate the Mongolian rule, although you can get the 3 eastern ones without triggering it because they don’t border Mongolia.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

guess its a good point then, if DoW changes nothing about Mongolia then do it!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m