• Hello everybody!

There are some new adjustments for the 2nd edition like alpha+3 for the 1st edition or not? If not, there is the possibility that they are under testing?

I think france deployment isn’t balanced for game purpose…i hope the game’s developers will add 1 or 2 more infantries for siam, and 2 for it’s european territories…

• Sponsor

@bracconebaldo:

Hello everybody!

There are some new adjustments for the 2nd edition like alpha+3 for the 1st edition or not? If not, there is the possibility that they are under testing?

I think france deployment isn’t balanced for game purpose…i hope the game’s developers will add 1 or 2 more infantries for siam, and 2 for it’s european territories…

The Alpha modifications was a prosess aimed at balancing first edition Global 1940. The result of those modifications was 2nd edition Global, and there are currently no plans to change the latest rules. You will find over time, that once you try different strategies, the need for the changes you mentioned become obsolete. You should try to adapt to what the setup gives you, which will make you a more adaptable strategist and cunning adversary.

• In my opinion, France is not supposed to be a strong or stable power until later in the game (if Paris get’s liberated).  I think this is apt considering the historical nature of the Battle of France and the outcome.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” - Thoedore Roosevelt.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Young:

@bracconebaldo:

Hello everybody!

The Alpha modifications was a prosess aimed at balancing first edition Global 1940. The result of those modifications was 2nd edition Global, and there are currently no plans to change the latest rules. You will find over time, that once you try different strategies, the need for the changes you mentioned become obsolete. You should try to adapt to what the setup gives you, which will make you a more adaptable strategist and cunning adversary.

A) They failed, imnsho. 
    B) I agree, France is a road bump for Germany, it’s not meant to be a real power.  It’s slightly better than a neutral and slightly worse than China, it’s there to kill German units.
    C) Yea, it probably doesnt kill enough German units.  /shrug.

• Thank you all!

That’s the problem…France resitance in “france territory” doesn’t kill enough german units during first turn…and Germany take its 19 ipcs with minimun losses, to use against Russia or Uk

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

What some of us tried to do was to convince the creators to allow France to keep building infantry, a la China rules, to represent the French resistance.  It wouldnt be TOTALLY realistic, of course, since there is usually nothing to resist in Madagascar or French Indo-China, but it could be a pain to Italy in North Africa.  It could be stopped with concerted effort by the Axis, or ignored.

France, btw, would be limited to JUST infantry until they owned an Industrial Complex again - or so I thought the discussion was headed.

Perhaps you should house rule that?

• Nice, maybe i can try this HR! Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m