1939 Map - Jeremy's Variant with Set-up Charts 2.0 In Development

• '10

Hello all,
        I have decided to do a REDUX on the D6 variant.  I want to have it ready for FMGC 2012 so we can highlight both the Map and “Battle Peices” for HBG, and the FMG COMBAT UNITS and accessories at the event.

What I aim to include is the following:

• Updated Alpha rules from AAG40
    • Special Units (HBG / FMG units to be used where possible)

In keeping with the nature of the D6 variant, I don’t want to make it TOO complicated so I will add some optional rules etc, and keep a BASIC GAME variant at it’s base.

While I was playing TripleA NEW WORLD ORDER I took this snap shot of the Unit Costs etc… (Attached)  As this is a very popular game and has been play tested 1000s of times…

• What do you think of downgrading the ICP value of Regular Infantry to 2 IPCs?  What do you think will be unballanced or problomatic with this?

• What do you think of upgradrading the cost of Artillery? And making them support 2 REGULAR infantry?

• If there are “ELITE” or “SPECIAL” Infantry units added:  Should their be a limit on how many can be in play?

Are there any other things you would like to see in “Jeremy’s D6 Variant 2.0”?

Please leave your comments here for discussion.

Thanks
    UnitValue.JPG

• '10

No help here?

• Are you still developing this? Please say yes?

• '10

@De:

Are you still developing this? Please say yes?

Well I might now…  this is the first reply.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL.

Units @ 2 dollars is…. crazy.

I would make 2 elites cost 7.

• Sorry, it sounds good, but i cant tell you something much with play experience with this units prices. We are three good A&A players from germany. We play Global 1940 Alpha+3.9 and Triple A also. In May we stay our first Global 1939 game. We take the last Setup and Rules from Version 4.1 with the 12 side dices. Perhaps i can look back on the game here.

• '10

Thanks for the replies.

I know what you are saying about 2 IPC infantry…  but the scale of the game is so much larger.  It works in NWO…  How do you think it would work for Global 1939 D6 Variant?

Please give me some suggestions as I would like to start work on this again.

Remember we need to incorporate the NEW units being developed.

Thanks

• Well, 2 IPC Infantry seems kinda pointless, if you can just get an Elite for one more IPC. Unless you rendered elites like around 5 or 6 IPCs, I do not see much good coming out of 2 IPC Infantry. I have never played New World Order, so I may not be neccasarily correct, so by all means please give me an example how this could be successful.

Another point to touch on is that Elites should be exactly what they sound like, Elite Infantry. Therefore I think the Elite could easily fill the role of both paratroopers and marines. By being Elites they are air transportable, but also do bonus attack (or whatever marine units special ability is, I seem to have forgotten it) in an amphibious invasion.

With the Elite unit Im unsure about artillery now. I think that artillery should cost the same actually, and support 2 Infantry. Maybe, maybe not. My only confliction is I dont want these units interfering with the light tank unit or the truck/ mech inf.

So heres my summary: Inf 1-2-1-2
                                  Elite 2-2-1-6 (Air Transportable, Marine capabilities, etc.)
                                  Artillery 2-2-1-4 or 2-2-1-5 (Supports 2 Infantry, or has like an opening fire step,or somthing)

• '10

MOD:  I suggest this be moved to new 1939 GLOBAL Forum

• Ok. Anything to add?

• 2 IPCs infantry? Wouldn’t they be TOO cost effective?

I’d never get 1tank over 3infs

• Sponsor

Don’t know 39 enough to offer anything, but thanks to this separate forum, learning it should be more convenient.

• Sponsor

Jeremy, I am about to learn Global war 1939, is your d6 variant better than the d12?

• '10

@Young:

Jeremy, I am about to learn Global war 1939, is your d6 variant better than the d12?

Not “Better”  just more familiar as it is D6.

I am still working on this in my free time.

I have decided to go with the 2 IPC Basic Infantry.  You can purchase a LIMITED number of ELITEs (Paratroopers/SS/Commando/etc) per Nation for 3 IPC.
    More detail soon….

• @Noll:

2 IPCs infantry? Wouldn’t they be TOO cost effective?

I’d never get 1tank over 3infs

Agree Noll
    If the infantrie cost only 2 nobody will buy a tank for 7

irony on
    but if you want to change, i have a great idea, why you didn’t also can change the name into Risk 
    irony off

Sorry but ithink it will only make, well… did you know the zergling from starcraft ?

• '10

Been working hard on this.  I have decided to add “optional” WW2 Leaders (Hero Units) to the game also.

Just to make it even more EPIC.

Stay tuned!

• '10

UPDATE

I am still working on this project.  In final playtesting.

Here are a few ROUGH cards

France Card.JPG
    USSR Card.JPG

• I’m digging the special Charles De Gaulle leader. :-D

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

:roll:

• Except, Charles de Gaule never said “Viva.”  That is not French.  He said, “Vive.”  When he said “Vive le Québec libre,” in Canada in 1968, he instantly became persona non grata and was promptly evicted from Canadian soil, never to return.  Not a very loved man in Canada as he is associated with the nascent separtist movement in Canada, which the Canadian government continues to deal with to this day.

Suggested Topics

• IC's

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m