What is making Alpha 2+ unbalanced?

• With London Turtle, I redirect all forces against Russia and keep UK check with navy. Of course, every game is different so I can’t say it will “always” works as I planned… but yet, I did have success with Axis… which, and it’s the point of this thread, leads me to think Alpha 2+ is fairly balanced and surely not broken.

• I was thinking a way to Balance the FIC objective for Japan might be to place to have it change according to the situation. For example, If Japan dosn’t occupy FIC and isnt at war with the allies, then they get 10IPCs. If Japan occupies FIC but isnt at war with the Allies, Japan gets 5IPCs. If Japan occupies FIC and IS at war with the Allies, they collect 3IPCs.

I think it balances it a bit more and makes Japan still want to go south, it also represents not only the economic backlash of the west by Japans occupation of FIC brought, while still representing the strategic and economic value of the territory

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@BigBadBruce:

With London Turtle, I redirect all forces against Russia and keep UK check with navy. Of course, every game is different so I can’t say it will “always” works as I planned… but yet, I did have success with Axis… which, and it’s the point of this thread, leads me to think Alpha 2+ is fairly balanced and surely not broken.

Then, I feel, Russia is making mistakes.  You can do serious damage with submarines, as JMite is more than willing to tell you, but the Russians should still have a 400-500 IPC army to defend Moscow with and prevent a VC win.  Likewise, England should still be able to reclaim Africa unless Italy is not helping in Russia at all, in which case, Russia should still have the Ukraine as well.

• Customizer

Let the tournament begin and settle all this.

• Indeed!  :-D

• The Allies won last nite. they had some real great dice, 100% hit ratios on offence and defence  Paris was one example  I didnt think I was going to get it  London was another I woulnt belive it if I heard or read that there was some 100% hit ratio. I saw it so I have to belive it they had real good rolls and the Allies needed a win.  The Axis rolled real good I think that on any other nite we would have had it, we had plenty of 70- 95% hit ratios , just totaly desimate teritories on your opening roll  we also had some real crap dice
      There were 6 of us at the table.        more next week

• For whatever reason, in my games the Axis always have terrible luck while the Allies always roll well.  This isn’t true of every battle, but is almost always holds for the big important game changing battles. It frustrates me to no end, and it really doesn’t seem to matter who plays what powers.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@shadowguidex:

For whatever reason, in my games the Axis always have terrible luck while the Allies always roll well.  This isn’t true of every battle, but is almost always holds for the big important game changing battles. It frustrates me to no end, and it really doesn’t seem to matter who plays what powers.

This seems to hold true for me on Germany 1 and Japan 4 when the biggest battles seem to be rolled…

• The Allies won the first one yesterday and the Axis won the second one
      I’m looking forward to the ALPHA+3 version and the preliminary 10 or so test games to see how it will all pan out
      I think it will make  the  opening offensive movements still the same  with some conditions that if they are meet then you can do a specific attacks if not then that strat. is no longer an option and you have to go with a different plan …… It looks good from here

• The Allies won last nite ALPHA+2, last week the Axis won ALPHA+2
      To tired last week to stay focused    up at 5 work at 6 home at 5 game at 7 dog tired by midnite  but this weekend I was able to get a cat nap in and lots of strong coffee

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m