• Hey everyone!

I’m new to the forums but I’ve been playing Axis and Allies for over 10 years now (maybe more) and I have a sub question. Lets say the American fleet is in sz 104 and they want to do an aphipous assault on western Germany. If I place a sub in sz 110 can the American fleet (no destroyers) still assault western Germany if they pass through the sz with my sub?

As for my other question…

If London is captured and there are no German subs on the board does India get the 5 IPCS for there National Objective? The rules don’t read clear to me.

Thanks again!  :mrgreen:

• @goalievogel:

I’m new to the forums but I’ve been playing Axis and Allies for over 10 years now (maybe more) and I have a sub question. Lets say the American fleet is in sz 104 and they want to do an aphipous assault on western Germany. If I place a sub in sz 110 can the American fleet (no destroyers) still assault western Germany if they pass through the sz with my sub?

Subs (and transports) no longer block movement.  This rule was implemented in AA50.  You can choose to combat move through SZ 110 to amphib 112.  You can also choose to attack SZ 110 AND move other ships through SZ 110 in the same combat move.  You need a destroyer present only to force the engagement (and to get hits with aircraft).  Surface warships without destroyers always have the option to attack a sub and could potentially get hits, but the sub can choose to submerge before any rolls, thus negating any combat.

@goalievogel:

If London is captured and there are no German subs on the board does India get the 5 IPCS for there National Objective? The rules don’t read clear to me.

No.  UK India has separate National Objectives that they collect independently in their own theatre economy.  UK India can never collect income from European theatre British territories or Objectives.
    The only time that UK pac and UK Eur incomes interact is in payment for tech rolls (some or all can be paid by either or both and benefit the UK as a whole).

• @kcdzim:

No.  UK India has separate National Objectives that they collect independently in their own theatre economy.  UK India can never collect income from European theatre British territories or Objectives.
    The only time that UK pac and UK Eur incomes interact is in payment for tech rolls (some or all can be paid by either or both and benefit the UK as a whole).

Can you tell me where it specifically says that in the rulebook? This question came up in our game and British India took the extra 5 IPCS for two turns. I didn’t think they could do this but the rules do not seem clear. Have a page number I can refer too?

• @goalievogel:

@kcdzim:

Can you tell me where it specifically says that in the rulebook? This question came up in our game and British India took the extra 5 IPCS for two turns. I didn’t think they could do this but the rules do not seem clear. Have a page number I can refer too?

It may not be in the rulebook - it could have been added in the Alpha.

Link

• “It may not be in the rulebook - it could have been added in the Alpha.”

I forgot to include we are playing the OOB rules.

I have another question for everyone-

If I do an amphibious assault and I have carriers (filled with planes) and a cruiser and I move 3 spaces (navel base) to get to my land target but in the way I have to clear out a German sub(s) can the planes be used in the land assault? I do no have the rulebook handy, but how do amphibious assaults work?

As mentioned above we are using the OOB rules.

• @goalievogel:

If I do an amphibious assault and I have carriers (filled with planes) and a cruiser and I move 3 spaces (navel base) to get to my land target but in the way I have to clear out a German sub(s) can the planes be used in the land assault? I do no have the rulebook handy, but how do amphibious assaults work?

Again, subs alone do not stop movement and they do not stop amphibious assaults (unless you CHOOSE to fight them).  You can either choose to combat the sub in the seazone that you’re assaulting from OR you can choose to ignore the sub.  If the sub is between you and your desired seazone, you can attack the sub with some units AND move transports through with other units - they NEVER stop units from moving over them.

If you choose to engage the sub in a seazone you will amphibiously assault from, you cannot roll for shore bombard.  Additionally, if you engage the sub with ANY collection of units that doesn’t include a destroyer, the enemy sub can choose to submerge before ANY combat rolls, thereby disengaging from combat before any shots are fired.

Amphibious assaults work as follows:
    Combat move to the seazone.  If there are enemy SURFACE warships and/or scrambled aircraft, you must engage them in a naval battle (and defeat them) in order to land your units on shore. If there are only transports and sub and no scrambled aircraft, you can choose to ignore the transports and subs and amphibiously assault units with battleships and cruisers assisting in one round of shore bombardment.  If you choose not to ignore them, you’re engaged in a naval battle (and no halfsies on some battleships bombarding and others fighting in the naval battle - it’s all or none).

If there is a naval battle, you cannot shore bombard.  If you cannot defeat the enemy naval/air units once engaged, you must either retreat to a friendly seazone (no enemy surface warships) or you will lose your transports.  Only once all enemy combatants are removed do your transports unload.  At this point, you naval units cannot retreat from the seazone.

Units from transports CANNOT EVER retreat once they are offloaded - they fight to the death.  Aircraft or land units attacking from other territories can choose to retreat after the first round of combat.  If your naval units could not clear the seazone and were forced to retreat, all land and air units that were tasked to the combat but weren’t on transports are still required to fight at least one round of combat before they also can retreat.

These are OOB and Alpha rules.  They haven’t changed since AA50 (with the exception of scrambling).

• @goalievogel:

I cannot give you a page number right now and it may not exist, but I know this has been addressed by Krieghund (the rules guru) and his word is law.  per OOB rules for National Objectives:

@Krieghund:

All UK NO IPCs go to its European economy in the global game.

• Official Q&A

The rules specifically state on page 34 that UK NO IPCs go to the Europe economy, and there is no provision in the rules for any IPCs to be transferred between the two economies under any circumstances.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m