Great! Thank you so much! I’ll have to do that!
Latest posts made by goalievogel
RE: Where Do I Start?
Where Do I Start?
I have been playing Axis and Allies all my life (minis was one of my personal favorites) and I have been getting more interested into the naval aspect of the war. I checked Ebay and amazon for the starter pack for this game and they were pretty insane prices. I honestly don’t want to spend a lot of money. I want to play a game with a couple friends on a weekend. What do you suggest I get? What nations are the most fun? Better yet, does anyone have any basic things they’d be willing to (pun intended) ship to me? Thanks again all!
RE: Rules 101
How do units move from space to space without a non-combat phase? Sorry, I never saw the FAQ!
1. Can the Russians that were being attacked retreat from the territory? Or do they have to stay put?
I have to admit, the one thing I hate about the game is the rulebook. It left me with more questions than answers.
1. Can someone explain to me how battles work? For example, Germany attacks Russia in Poland. German has 12 infantry and 2 art. For this purpose, Russia has the same units. Germany loses 6 infantry, Russia loses 4. Now on Russians turn are they attacking the Germans? Or defend at 3? The rules are so unclear.
2. If you move through (not ending your turn on a port) “minefields” do you have roll to see if your ships get hit?
3. How does the US ever get planes over to mainland Europe. Planes only move 2 spaces. Is plane movement like the original WWII Axis and Allies?
4. How does the non-combat move work?
Someone please clarify before I start the game and mess up.
RE: CSI shipping
Normally there is an estimated time of arrival but I don’t see one yet. Mine shipped out from Orlando FL!
RE: Lets talk about the weather
Weather would overcomplicate the game. Don’t “fix” something if it isn’t broken.
RE: CSI shipping
I ordered from CoolStuff as well. From what I heard they have had the game for several days but could not ship it out until the 19th. I assume they will ship it out tomorrow! I can’t wait! :mrgreen:
RE: What exactly are tanks good for?
It’s hard to tell without playing the game but given certain scenarios I am sure tanks are far from useless. Yes they are expensive but remember, tanks are useful in there own right. They can take out neutrals without any causalities saving important pieces that you will need to defend against America.
RE: The Flashman Report
I really think playing as the central powers you needed to gang up on Russia ASAP. If you can close off the Eastern front then it would make your job 10 times easier!
RE: Any players??
I agree. I can’t find anyone to play around here. I sometimes play with a couple of friends but they don’t have the same passion for the game as I do. I have lots of money invested in it and I want to play games with experienced players for once.