• I’ve updated my first post.  It sucks. :x

• @trackmagic:

Its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission!

Yeah, you sure seem to be right about this one.  Here I thought they might find it flattering that someone took the time to do this and actually ASK for permission to use it and share it with others.  Hell, I had a buddy that sent in a copyright request back when AAR came out and Wizards, at the time, granted him copyright permission to use their graphics for something similar.  So much for that.

Again, I will unfortunately not be giving this map to anyone else, so people can stop emailing or sending me a PM asking for the map anyways.  Hell, they said I couldn’t even print it for myself for flippin’ sake!  Man, this has really put me a bad mood….

• like they would ever know if you printed one for yourself.

• Customizer

@TheDefinitiveS:

like they would ever know if you printed one for yourself.

That’s exactly what I was thinking.  What’s WOTC going to do, come to your house to make sure you didn’t make your own map?  Maybe they will send the WOTC Gestapo to…“question” you.  ha ha ha

• Just don’t sell it and you will be fine

• Again, I will unfortunately not be giving this map to anyone else, so people can stop emailing or sending me a PM asking for the map anyways.  Hell, they said I couldn’t even print it for myself for flippin’ sake!  Man, this has really put me a bad mood….

I applaud your honesty and concern for the property rights of others.  It is unfortunate that WOTC has taken this stand but there may be legal reason for them to do so.

It may be that you can accomplish the same goal using maps available in the public domain, thereby averting any copyrights infringement.  You are afterall changing (improving) some of the other information on the maps.

Anyway, once again, I salute you.

• '10

That really sucks for all of us that were looking forward to using your work to create a bigger map, but like the other guys are saying, that shouldn’t stop you from creating one for yourself, especially after all the work you put into it.

• @gsh34:

I’ve updated my first post.  It sucks. :x

Just make a bigger board without their artwork, you could even improve upon it by correcting some glaring mistakes on the original and name some of the territories better than they did.

They cannot patent names of regions and all that…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Does anyone have a copy of the map?

• '19 '15 '12

@Gargantua:

Does anyone have a copy of the map?

I would also like to have a copy. Anyone?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m