Double impulse surprise attack

• Customizer

I was wondering if this would be a practical addition to this version, given that the surprise element of an attack against a country you’re not at war with was a major factor in the early gains of Germany and Japan.

The Soviet player is hardly likely to stack his planes and armour on the front line against Germany; this happened historically because the Russians were determined to fight the war on German territory. Instead the Russia player will almost certainly stack his killing units beyond the reach of a single turn German attack making a Barbarossa like advance a remote possibility.

• Could be a national advantage brewing

Blitzkrieg - The first time Germany attacks a particular allied power during the game, it may make take a second, special combat move phase. During this phase land units and air units with enough movement points remaining that attacked this allied power may make new attacks only against the allied power in question.

• @oztea:

Could be a national advantage brewing

Blitzkrieg - The first time Germany attacks a particular allied power during the game, it may make take a second, special combat move phase. During this phase land units and air units with enough movement points remaining that attacked this allied power may make new attacks only against the allied power in question.

Then only tanks and mechs can participate. Besides, if this rule happened, Russia would just put its value units at least 3 spaces away

• i phrased it wrong, i meant all land units that attacked lets say “france”, get a 2nd combat move phase. Meaning INF get 1 move again.

I need to rephrase the whole thing.

• @oztea:

i phrased it wrong, i meant all land units that attacked lets say “france”, get a 2nd combat move phase. Meaning INF get 1 move again.

I need to rephrase the whole thing.

You said “with enough movement points.” Did this only apply to planes?

• But then the soviets are just gonna stack their good stuff even further back. If used in AAG40 then Leningrad would be indefensible, right now you can accauly hold it as the russians unlike in preveious versions of the game.

• yea, i meant planes.

I wrote it fast and got all goofed up

• Probably the only thing that would make the Russian player keep more of it’s infantry on the front line would be to make those zones worth a lot of IPC’s.

• @Seven_Patch:

Probably the only thing that would make the Russian player keep more of it’s infantry on the front line would be to make those zones worth a lot of IPC’s.

Which would actually be historically accurate. The majority of industrial and agricultural production was located in the Western SSRs…Also surprised "Caucasus"isn’t worth some more OPCs (Baku, oil). Pehaps, until attacked Russia would be too strong then. A special rule could then be: Until attacked by either Germany or Japan, Russia receives only half (or any other amount) of its IPCs. (If Russia attacks first…well, actually I feel that shouldn’t really be allowed to happen, but ok…It’s just game. Let’s just say she’d receive all her IPCs if she attacked GERMANY herself, but not Japan…Then would make it a lot less attractive to attack Japan and at the beginning of the game, Russia isn’t really in any condition to attack Germany…Russia had already had some border skirmishes with Japan, but easily beat the Japanese then, hence justifying not giving the Russians their full IPC value for an attack ON Japan…

• Customizer

To be more accurate historically, before they’re at war Russia should be sending 10 of it’s IPCs to Germany.  It is often said that Germany got more from then USSR in peacetime through favourable trade than it ever got from occupying half of Russia’s industrial areas.

• These are all concepts used in ZENO Games World at War AA expansions from the 1990s. Cool stuff. German double impulse attack G1. Jap double impulse suprize attack anytime it wants once during game. can you say Pearl Harbor anyone. Oh yea, Soviets pay Germany 5 IPCs per turn for not attacking them for like the first 4 turns. Like these rules ALOT!

• These are all concepts used in ZENO Games World at War AA expansions from the 1990s. Cool stuff. German double impulse attack G1. Jap double impulse suprize attack anytime it wants once during game. can you say Pearl Harbor anyone. Oh yea, Soviets pay Germany 5 IPCs per turn for not attacking them for like the first 4 turns. Like these rules ALOT!

We play that version for years and I liked a lot but now it’s time for change but with the double impulse, player lost a lot of time to play and time is our worst ennemy!
    For the next game,we’re gonna use a different rule for the bliztkrieg and the sneak attack!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m