• I’ve been playing A&A 1941 a couple of times with my family by now, and think i got a pretty good idea on how to play it. There is one aspect of the game i find hard to crack tho.

While for an example US troops can be in UK zones and help a defence (which they can right?), it would only seem fair that Germany and Japan would be able to attack a zone like this at the same time.

My question is so, how does a simultaneous attack work, if even possibly?

• @sniffemonster Hi sniff yea there was a game years ago that allowed UK and USA to attack together, can’t remember which one, but it didn’t really roll all that good.

So, yea, I don’t know of any others.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@barnee Well, actually, the Captain has a 1 time D-Day in his House Rules for Global 40

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ycmW7VYZfsoR1ZeoV_tzXLzpp6H-2r-/view

• @barnee But in Axis and allies 1941 with the original rules, it is not possible to do a simultaneous attack?

But Sovjet and UK as an example, can defend a country together if both nations have troops in a zone?

• @sniffemonster I guess you’d basically have to “Detach” the Allied Units to the others control and they would only be able to be used on the controlling players turn.

My buddys Dad had to fight with the British in N Africa for a while. He was a tank Captain. American. He doesn’t like or didn’t , dead now, the British lol
    He was Irish too so…lol

Idk just a thought : )

• @sniffemonster yea you can defend together. All A&A games that I know of you can. A core rule

• @sniffemonster Simple answer: Defending together is allowed with any countries of the same side (whether Axis or Allies); attacking simultaneously is not. (This is the case in all versions.)

• @barnee “Axis & Allies ‘Revised’ is the 20th Anniversary edition of the game. It was released in 2004 and is a global World War II game, set in 1942. It’s a remake of the 1984 version of the game.”

“Appendix 3: Optional Rules”
    “Veteran players may wish to vary the play experience. The following optional rules set out national advantages for each power in the game, simulating its historic strategies or benefits. A power may not share its national advantages with friendly powers.”

“United Kingdom National Advantages”

“2. Joint StrikeThe most powerful strike in the war was the joint Allied assault on Normandy. The planning required to launch this simultaneous invasion has never been equaled.Once during the game, on your turn, you may declare a joint strike. You complete your turn as normal,except you skip your combat move and conduct combat phases. (Any of your units may move on your noncombat move phase.) On the U.S.’s turn, the U.S.’s player can move any of your units during his or her combat move phase and conduct combat with them, as if they belonged to the U.S. You and the U.S.’s player must agree on attacking casualties, or the opposing player gets to choose them.”

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

We use that NA in my game. Can be a great thing to have. Yes revised game NA.

• '22 '21

@sniffemonster The First edition of the Classic version had the Commander in Chief Rules, any Allied nation could combine together with another Nation to Attack together- that Rule was done away with in the 2nd edition Classic version!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m