Expanded 1940 rules (Movement, surprise attacks, bases, and more)

• I’m surprised by the total lack of response to this topic. Are these so awsome that everyone is struck speechless, or is there really just no-one who cares enough to make a comment?

• what do the National advantages do?

• @i:

what do te National advantages do?

There not national advantages there starting techs the are on the link.

• I like the coastal fortification rule. Did you see ILs rules for blockhouses here?  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17701.0

• New blockhouse rules:

fixed cost of 4 IPC ( includes one border)

each additional border that is adjacent to the Blockhouse adds +2 IPC to the cost.

So if you want a block house in a TT that is adjacent to 5 areas, you will pay 4+2+2+2+2= 12 IPC ( remember one is included)

So small islands only cost 4 IPC

Benefit: all infantry and art are +1 all rounds of combat on defense

If this is a sea invasion first round preemptive fire

If captured they are destroyed

Optional: Also they can be bombed ( SBR)  equal to their cost. They can be repaired in the same manner as a factory. If damage is equal or greater than cost, the unit is destroyed.

• @Imperious:

New blockhouse rules:

each additional border that is adjacent to the Blockhouse adds +2 IPC to the cost.

So if you want a block house in a TT that is adjacent to 5 areas, you will pay 4+2+2+2+2= 12 IPC ( remember one is included)

Optional: Also they can be bombed ( SBR)  equal to their cost. They can be repaired in the same manner as a factory. If damage is equal or greater than cost, the unit is destroyed.

I like this.

• @Imperious:

New blockhouse rules:

Does it’s cost affected buy the amount of borders in STBR.

• Does it’s cost affected buy the amount of borders in STBR.

What is STBR>?

The cost is always the number of borders including sea zones. The first border is always implied in the cost of the unit. ( 4 IPC)

• @Imperious:

Does it’s cost affected buy the amount of borders in STBR.

What is STBR>?

The cost is always the number of borders including sea zones. The first border is always implied in the cost of the unit. ( 4 IPC)

STrategic Bombing Raid. I am also wondering about what happens if your attacked buy multiple borders. Some with the borders some without. So with my first question I was wondering if the amount or borders affects the damage cap.

• Strategic Bombing Raid. I am also wondering about what happens if your attacked buy multiple borders. Some with the borders some without. So with my first question I was wondering if the amount or borders affects the damage cap.

Well most of us use SBR, but anyway…

ON the borders, You see the fortification costs +2 for each border so it does not matter because the fortification is no longer placed on the border, its just in the territory like any other unit.

This is why i changed the rule because it because too difficult to sort out.

If you must use the old rule, what we did was roll out all the non protected borders first, then defender rolls, then protected borders roll. The defenders hits are allocated to the protected border first, then assign all hits in typical manner.

This extra step was not a ‘clean’ solution so we scrapped it and we also modeled the concept that some areas should cost less than 8 IPC ( islands)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m