• 2007 AAR League

That looks like a computer generated picture.

• Yep, that is CG.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yes, it is an avatar created through a computer.

And thanks for the positive feedback!

• Axis and Allies is kind of Captain Obvious for me.  You either keep going with what’s working, or switch to a different plan if your plan isn’t working.

“Working” doesn’t mean you have to be killing everything.  For example, 1 German tank in Africa while the Allies have nothing there is “working” pretty damn well.

In that light - the only thing I REALLY need to keep track of is which side is which.  Because my opponent might just say “um yeah . . . you’re the Axis, srsly!” and I’ll be like “wth, how did I get in this mess”.

So basically - if I know which side I’m playing, I just look at the board and do whatever needs doing.

It is very rare for me to NOT know what to do; that sort of thing is usually from a mixup over sides.

TripleA should have a function that lets each player write notes, then when both players hit an “end game” option, they could read each others notes.

• Hey NPB, where ya been hidin’ lately? Haven’t seen you around here in a while?  Did you eat too many field mice and couldn’t reach your keyboard or what?  :-P :wink: :-D

• Actually, I moved.  And they shifted my department at work, so I had to stay late and work overtime.  So I haven’t even set up my new place’s internet connection, zomgzorz.

But they shifted my department at work again, so I have extra time.  And an internet connection.  Teeheez.

I’m not really worried about getting into trouble for posting at work.  I actually asked people for work so many times, they get annoyed looks on their faces and say “go away”.  Hell, I even asked different departments.

XD

I’m pretty sure they’re gonna find something for me to do . . . but until then, an owl’s got some back posting to catch up on.

Well, that’s the OFFICIAL story anyways.  There is a much more exciting story involving two hamsters, a golden eagle, and Nicole Kidman.  But they said it’s a Secret, and I Can’t Tell.

• Well welcome back.  We always deplore…er, I mean love to hear you expound on the many topics here on the boards.  Don’t forget to tip your local mod on the way in.

• Thx for the welcome.

I already tipped the mod to look the other way.

:evil: :wink: :roll:

BTW, hawt avvie, Jen.

• @newpaintbrush:

Thx for the welcome.

I already tipped the mod to look the other way.

:evil: :wink: :roll:

BTW, hawt avvie, Jen.

Umm, Jen has a big enough head as it is.  But the fellas around here act like they are starving animals or something . . . sad, sad.  :lol:

At the risk of missing the obvious, may I ask what “Newpaintbrush” means?  I have been wondering about that one.

• 2007 AAR League

Also, there’s no way that someone with Jenn’s amount of life experience looks like that avatar - multiple masters degrees, ten years in the service, kids and a teaching career? That avatar looks 19 years old.

Besides, we know Jenn’s really a guy, given her difficulty distinguishing the colors on the Mapview board. So I call Shenanigans on all her avatars.

And I also want to know what NPB means.

• /old man mode

At the time, I was painting miniatures as a hobby.  I wanted the name “oldpaintbrush” on account of how I’m a crochety nut case (online), and because I had a lot of old paintbrushes.  Seemed right.  But the name was taken, so I figured - well, I always keep buying new paintbrushes, so I signed up as newpaintbrush

/old man mode

I’ve really got to get a more serious email address for business purposes.  Oh wellz.

• @newpaintbrush:

/old man mode

At the time, I was painting miniatures as a hobby.  I wanted the name “oldpaintbrush” on account of how I’m a crochety nut case (online), and because I had a lot of old paintbrushes.  Seemed right.  But the name was taken, so I figured - well, I always keep buying new paintbrushes, so I signed up as newpaintbrush

/old man mode

I’ve really got to get a more serious email address for business purposes.  Oh wellz.

OLDPAINTBRUSH was taken?  That’s it?  I’m not sure which to be more surprised at – the fact oldpaintbrush was taken or . . . oh, never mind.

• That’s definitely an interesting story.  And NPB sounds better than OPB.  If you managed to forget the “P” when typing you might accidently end up with OB…but I guess the joke doesn’t work too well since you need to have BO and not OB, but hey, I tried. :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m