• '21 '20 '18 '17

Hey everybody,

Looks like I’ve finally pulled the trigger and will be attending Gencon 2016 August 4-7 with my teammate, Maphead.

Anyone else going to this event?  We are driving out of Kansas City and are studying our accommodation choices right now, may look for some intel on parking, getting to the venue.  Etc.,  who else is going?

As one might expect, I’m interested in what people think an appropriate bid for G42 Scenario is.  Some people have said this one favors the Allies, though I’ve played it twice and reviewed it this weekend, I’m not so sure.  What do you guys think, what kind of bid prevails in the Tripple A tourney?

Look forwards to seeing all you guys in the the community there.

• '17

Heading up from Tennessee, myself.  Probably carpooling with another from the Nashville area.  Meeting a few others (not certain of how many) of our Meet Up group for G42, etc.

This will be my second Gen Con, others I’m with have been a few times.  Previously I was third wheel on team that reached semi-finals.  Not because of my skills, by the way.

Hopefully I’ll see you there!

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Great to hear.  Tirano from Arkansas, Map and me from  KC, and a couple others on the board appear to be going, please introduce yourself to me when we are on site and good luck Jon Bosch

• '17

@taamvan:

please introduce yourself to me when we are on site

Absolutely!  I’m the funny looking overweight guy… :mrgreen:

• Sadly, I won’t be attending this year.  I plan on getting together a large group of my friends for next year and saving up money to get a nearby hotel instead of one 20 minutes away.  I won’t be there to defend my title this year but I will be ready for 2017.

I advise getting there Wednesday to get your badges on Will Call to avoid the lines on Thursday unless you had them mailed to you.  On game days, I advise getting there by 7am or earlier because the parking garages fill up fast.  If you wait until 8 or 9am, you might be forced to park several blocks away unless you get lucky.

Also, if you haven’t already, get tickets for the tournament qualifier for Thursday and Friday in the event that you miss the time due to traffic/lines or you don’t win your qualifier on Thursday but still want to stay in.

• Sponsor

It’s gonna be strange not seeing the name Ryan Davison etched as champion in a long line of title wins.

• @Young:

It’s gonna be strange not seeing the name Ryan Davison etched as champion in a long line of title wins.

Ya, but I can still safely say that I won every in-person tournament that I have participated in for global :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m