What is biding and is it neccasary.

• I miss the little troublemaker… The board is a lot quieter now…

• He was a great gamer and I enjoyed having him here for his gaming (actually I fought to keep him after his previous outbursts BECAUSE of his gaming).

Had he simply not behaved as he did in the PD forums, even after a massive number of warnings, he would still be here… an arrogant, fun to play, and challenging gaming opponent.  But his repeated personal attacks on numerous board members finally became too much of an issue to allow it to continue.  And so I fully support and endorse the decision to remove him, eventhough we lost a quality gamer in doing so.

• @ncscswitch:

He was a great gamer and I enjoyed having him here for his gaming (actually I fought to keep him after his previous outbursts BECAUSE of his gaming).

Had he simply not behaved as he did in the PD forums, even after a massive number of warnings, he would still be here… an arrogant, fun to play, and challenging gaming opponent.  But his repeated personal attacks on numerous board members finally became too much of an issue to allow it to continue.  And so I fully support and endorse the decision to remove him, eventhough we lost a quality gamer in doing so.

I"m glad to read this.  I think calling your moderator “Mengele” is just a little flame-y for most boards.  Unless you are on a pro-Nazi board . . . .

• @ncscswitch:

He was a great gamer and I enjoyed having him here for his gaming (actually I fought to keep him after his previous outbursts BECAUSE of his gaming).

i never saw maddog post in Poltical DIsscusion( is this what PD stand for?) okay SHP is Agent smith. Is Maddog pagan solider. and is he agent smith(which seems hard or else he would have to be schziopherenic)? who is pagan solider anothert allias for agent smith?

• 5 minutes pay says that NC switch is “pagan soldier” . . .

• Pagan Soldier was what Maddogg called me in one post.

Agent Smith is NOT Maddogg (though being a smart ass, when Maddogg signed up for his new account after he deleted his first account, he did so under the name “agent smith”)

• Most of us play anyone, just a matter of language being a restriction (I am fluent only in English).

Since joining here I have played Americans, Danes, Canadians, Croatians, Swedes and Germans (if I missed anyone I am sorry)

• I think the average overall bid for Classic is 23 +/-

• I think Darth Maximus is hands down the overall best Classic player active on this site.

• He was banned for frequent and repeated violation of site TOS.

And Darth has a hell of a win record against Agent Smith, os if you though AS was a strong opponent, then Darth should be right up your alley.

• TOS is “Terms of Service”

And if you wish to bait another player, I suggest you do it directly rather than cluttering a thread with off topic postings (which your last couple have been in this thread)

How did I miss this thread?  :-D

In fairness, I may have actually had a losing record against Agent, maybe 2-3.

Once Revised came out we never had enough play to even consider trying to Rank players, nor was that a top priority at the time.  Certainly not on the level we do with Revised (tournaments and league) now.

The last active 2nd Edition players on this site were:
    myself
    Avin (not sure where he went)
    Maddogg/Scarface (banned)
    Agent/SHP (banned)
    Bashir
    Switch (only plays revised now)
    Jennifer (only plays revised now)

And a few others that still post and may play but I’m not sure.
    And we were all relatively equal, bids seemed to be 22-23 range, I think there were some 24 (no PE bid games).
    Although, I don’t think there has been a 2nd edition game here since early 2006.

• @DarthMaximus:

How did I miss this thread?   :-D

In fairness, I may have actually had a losing record against Agent, maybe 2-3.

Once Revised came out we never had enough play to even consider trying to Rank players, nor was that a top priority at the time.  Certainly not on the level we do with Revised (tournaments and league) now.

The last active 2nd Edition players on this site were:
    myself
    Avin (not sure where he went)
    Maddogg/Scarface (banned)
    Agent/SHP (banned)
    Bashir
    Switch (only plays revised now)
    Jennifer (only plays revised now)

And a few others that still post and may play but I’m not sure.
    And we were all relatively equal, bids seemed to be 22-23 range, I think there were some 24 (no PE bid games).
    Although, I don’t think there has been a 2nd edition game here since early 2006.

yeah i used to play agianst maddog before he got baned. i wasn’t that preticularly good. ( mostly because i tried to do unconvential stuff to spice things up) llike bid a navy for the axis. have you been on gamesbyemail? they have a java version of classic. its okay but you can’t bid.

I haven’t tried gamesbyemail.

Although I do have TripleA, which I’ve played Revised on.  I’m assuming it is good for 2nd Ed as well, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

• @DarthMaximus:

I haven’t tried gamesbyemail.

Although I do have TripleA, which I’ve played Revised on.  I’m assuming it is good for 2nd Ed as well, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

no thats what sucks about it. if someone knew anything about jave they could probablly update it.

• Maddog was the last highly active Classic player we had, and even he had switched to Revised before he got banned for his verbal abuses in Political Discussion.

I think players like Agent Smith actually had a hand in killing Classic.  They insisted on Low Luck, and then used an over-developed experience with a simulator to work out the various permutations of the early phases of the game to know EXACTLY which move to make against each counter for set up in the next couple of rounds, etc. and it became BORING to even attempt to play such people.  He refused to play me because I was non-traditional and attempted some crazy things that fouled up his canned moves and would have made him react on-the-fly; and I refused to play Low Luck (it is a GAME and it involves DICE… deal with it).

I know Bashir is still around, but has not gamed in a while, and Darth has come fully over to the Dark Side (and now has a Revised win record against me that is ALMOST as good as he had against me in Classic :-P )

But the extra territories in particular, as well as the changes to ARM and the addition of ART as well as a few other changes have made for a much more interesting game.  It is a more fluid game (and thus favors those who can think on the fly and works against the “sim players”), and that is antithical to gamers like Agent Smith who have a decade plus of repeating the same moves from rote to win a game.

And so here we are, with the Classic version nearly dead, with a few of us around who played it for years, and now just love the broader scope and options of Revised instead of playing Eastern vs. Karelia over and over and over.

• You can check that for yourself.

And 3 bans over 5 years is hardly a problem.

You would do well to refrain from judgment on that which you know nothing about.

• So this is the great Nuno, AS talked about all the time… Now I finally know where his behaviour came from…

@nuno:

LOL
    Agent Smith strong!?(only judging from what I saw at AAMC/few years ago) Darth right up my alley!?
    LOL
    I’d play with a Bet involved against Darth even without knowing anything else about him…then again, same problem as always,  I’d need a reliable referee to keep the money…

Enough talk. Do you know ncscswitch another ways of getting/searching/finding information about the best players?
    If I could see a game or two of the best player(supposedely Darth from what you say) I could see if I could find a match or not.

Why don’t you just play him and show us how great you really are? I am sure there are enough railers who would like to see this clash.

• @nuno:

@Bashir:

Why don’t you just play him and show us how great you really are? I am sure there are enough railers who would like to see this clash.

If there’s was a prize(say 100€) and a reliable referee to hold it(bet money from players in contest) I’do it.
    Otherwise why would I lose time in such way?

Nothing personal, but from replies I already saw that skill level is still quite low and hardly a match.

:lol: :lol: :roll:

• In my personal opinion…

When someone comes in and trash talks an entire landfill full of trash, then AVOIDS the offer of a game from a solid player with a justification that is simply more trash talk…

I tend to list the player as equivalent to their talk… TRASH!
    :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m