• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Equally as bad is stacking W. Russia and not doing anything else.

Why give Germany an extra fighter?  You have plenty of ability to kill it off with minimal losses and Germany really is not in a position to rebuild it.  Especially if they buy a carrier!

• @Jennifer:

Equally as bad is stacking W. Russia and not doing anything else.

Why give Germany an extra fighter?  You have plenty of ability to kill it off with minimal losses and Germany really is not in a position to rebuild it.  Especially if they buy a carrier!

WHy can’t Germany just rebuild another fighter down the line after a couple rounds? It’s not as if there’s anything stopping a person if they’ve got enough infantry on the board to add another figther to the arsenal.  As long as a person isn’t spread too thin and can spare $10 bucks, buy another fighter.

• I would not be inclined to do all three battles on the E. front as Russia. Losing 5 units in WRU is a blow enough just when doing two and I remember a few games where I didn’t take WRU on R1 trying to do Belo, UKR and WRU and having serious troubles from then on out.

• I am a 2 battle R1 person…
    West Russia and eitehr Belo or Ukraine.

Some determining factors for me on which of the 2 to try…

1.  Has a bid been placed in Belo?  If yes, Belo is out.
    2.  Am I going to fight early and hard for Egypt?  If so, Ukraine is in.

• If I see a bid in Belo, I will send 1 tank there in addition to the 3 inf and 1 fighter from Karelia.

• I tend to just hit Ukraine instead :-)

Ukraine makes more sense to me.  You can kill a German fighter!  That alone is worth any risk you have.

• You don’t miss all those tanks you send to Ukraine? Killing a fighter in Ukraine may not weaken the Africa front much if there’s a bid there  :-(

• 2007 AAR League

Which forces do you use for Ukraine and WRU assuming those are the battles you do. I am assuming that if you are attacking Belo you are using all inf and figs so you don’t lose offensive.

Actually, I don’t send the tanks to Ukraine.  I send the fighters to Ukraine. :)

And to answer the other question, yes, Germany CAN rebuild the destroyed fighter.  But they are out the 10 IPCs they could have used on something else and now they don’t have 7 fighters, but 6.    One in the hand is better then two on the budget requisition form!  (Obviously you were never Army. hehe.)

Also, I’ll post an update after my tournament game, but, so far it seems Ballistic/Suicidal Russia is a decent strategy.  In 7 rounds I’ve only collected less then starting income once.  though, I am a pretty high risk taker, just ask my partner Bo or my opponents Adonai and NoMercy.  :)

• 5 FIGs not 6.

Germany starts with 6 FIGs, one of which would be lost in Ukraine.

@ncscswitch:

5 FIGs not 6.

Germany starts with 6 FIGs, one of which would be lost in Ukraine.

Right, but I was pointing out tha they could build a fighter anyway.  So, assuming they planned too, then they would have 6 fighters again instead of 7.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m