What is your first buy as UK (assuming baltic carrier)

• Assuming that Germany has a opening buy of a carrier in the baltic (and lands two fighters there) with the rest of his initial IPCs being used for ground troops, what is your first buy as UK?

• India IC.

(Yes, I was serious)

Squirecam

• Just an IC?

• 2 fighters and 1 transport. Force him to keep his fighters out at sea and constantly evaluate when you can take that group out.

• 2007 AAR League

Depending where his other fighters/bomber is and if he lost a fgt or two in some battles.

you can always buy 1 AC, 1 DD and converge the whole fleet in SZ 6, right beside his fleet. and place the 2 fgts from UK unto the AC.

You will have sometihng that looks like:

1 Trn
    1 DD
    1 AC
    2 Fgt
    1 BB

• 1 Russian sub when you NCM him there.

but it all depends on the situation. what I think Trihero is doing is still converge the UK/US fleet in SZ 8, while have fgts on UK or an AC to harass or destroy the baltic fleet when the chance is presentable, ussually by turn 3 or 4.

the longer you wait the worse.

• 1 AC, 1 TRN, 2 INF.

Move existing fleet (inlcuding ECan) to SZ3 and attack Norway with 1 ARM, 1 ART, 2 INF, 2 FIG (and a BOM if Germany has force there, otherwise SBR or stragler naval attack).

Place new Navy in SZ3 and land FIGs on AC.  2 INF to UK.

On US1, US sends 1 FIG, 1 BOM to UK (possibly doing a stragler navy strike as well if needed).  If Germany has more than 1 TRN in range, 2 TRNs of units to UK.
    On USSR2, the Russia SUB goes to SZ6 to block a combined naval/air strike on my SZ3 fleet.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

1 AC, 1 TRN, 2 INF.

Move existing fleet (inlcuding ECan) to SZ3 and attack Norway with 1 ARM, 1 ART, 2 INF, 2 FIG (and a BOM if Germany has force there, otherwise SBR or stragler naval attack).

On US1, US sends 1 FIG, 1 BOM to UK (possibly doing a stragler navy strike as well if needed).  If Germany has more than 1 TRN in range, 2 TRNs of units to UK.
    On USSR2, the Russia SUB goes to SZ6 to block a combined naval/air strike on my SZ3 fleet.

I concur.  That German fleet is totally locked in the Baltic with no hope of escape.  Especially if you wait until the American fleet get’s rallied and in place.  All that carrier does is help secure Berlin and Poland (E. Europe) from Allied invasions in the first 3 rounds.

• @Jennifer:

I concur.  That German fleet is totally locked in the Baltic with no hope of escape.  Especially if you wait until the American fleet get’s rallied and in place.  All that carrier does is help secure Berlin and Poland (E. Europe) from Allied invasions in the first 3 rounds.

But that is enough…

As evidence I submit ANOTHER real-game example… just ended Tournament match.  UK HEAVY in Eastern after UK3.  That is NOT possible with a German AC buy in the Baltic on G1.  And, also pretty obvious from that game that now that Germany has Allied forces east, north and west to deal with, they have NO hope.

But even without entering the Baltic, now you have British and American troops piling into France while your fleet rusts in the Baltic.  No way you’re going to stop a combined Euro-American fleet, even if you squeeze your BB and Trn out of the Med.  (You’ll take out a couple more defending transports, but you’ll still loose it all.)

• If the Baltic fleet can unite with the Med fleet on G2 I buy 3FTR

If not 2 TRN 3 INF 1ARM

• I’m usually good with the AC, tran and some inf.  Works well, makes your navy a force to be reckoned with and will keep Germany’s air force land locked.

• @Jennifer:

But even without entering the Baltic, now you have British and American troops piling into France while your fleet rusts in the Baltic.  No way you’re going to stop a combined Euro-American fleet, even if you squeeze your BB and Trn out of the Med.  (You’ll take out a couple more defending transports, but you’ll still loose it all.)

If the ground war is going well against Russia, and if Germany managed to hold Egypt, then the Allies are looking at a hit on their fleet from 2 SUB, 1 DST, 1 TRN, 1 AC, 5-6 FIGs, and a BOM.

… and the Allies are back to square 1 on building a TRN fleet…

• Yeah the carrier + tran buy for UK should work out well. It also gives you some needed defense if the Japanese airforce randomly floats over to Germany and attempts to threaten your chain. I’m accustomed to trying to not build a carrier with the UK simply because of CSub papers which I’ve read, but it’s not a terrible option at all.

@ncscswitch:

@Jennifer:

If the ground war is going well against Russia, and if Germany managed to hold Egypt, then the Allies are looking at a hit on their fleet from 2 SUB, 1 DST, 1 TRN, 1 AC, 5-6 FIGs, and a BOM.

… and the Allies are back to square 1 on building a TRN fleet…

Yea, against 2 BBs, 2 CVs, 4 FIGs, 6-12 transports and two submarines.  Not exactly in Germany’s favor.

• It will take you 3-4 turns to get that large of a fleet consolidated in 1 SZ near Germany.

Germany can take out the Allied fleets piecemeal, getting at least one nation (whichever one is in range) sent to the bottom on G2 or G3…

@ncscswitch:

It will take you 3-4 turns to get that large of a fleet consolidated in 1 SZ near Germany.

Germany can take out the Allied fleets piecemeal, getting at least one nation (whichever one is in range) sent to the bottom on G2 or G3…

Not likely.  England meets with America in SZ 1 or 2, both of which are out of range of the Baltic and Med fleets and all but Germany’s bomber.  Meanwhile, Brition sends it’s bomber on a SBR and it’s fighters to help defend Caucasus. (This puts them in range of the Med fleet as well.)  Moving the AC, TRN, DD to the Suez.  If it’s open, awesome, if it’s closed oh well.

America begins moving forces over and building transports.

Allied round 2 we have 6-ish transports, a full carrier, a battleship and a destroyer at least.  Maybe more depending what America bought and more on the way.

• @ncscswitch:

1 AC, 1 TRN, 2 INF.

i think that these leaves London well unprotected

• Jen, it is Turn 3 before the US can get to SZ6 by your route.  SZ10 to SZ1 in US1, SZ1 to SZ3 in US 2 (in range of Baltic Fleet), then SZ6 or SZ5 to attack in US 3.  And that “fleet” is 2 TRN and 1 DD.  Add another turn to the above if you want more ships along for the ride…

• And do not forget, if I stage the German AF in Western, then SZ’s 3, 6, 7, 12, 8 are ALL in range of Germany AF.  SZ’s, 3, 6, and 7 are also in range of teh Baltic Fleet.

• @ncscswitch:

1 AC, 1 TRN, 2 INF.

i dont understand this playing in the first turn beacuse it leaves London on the plate for the German forces
    correct me, maybe i am wrong again, but…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m