• I am a new player at flames-of-europe, playing axis and allies revised. I have noticed that Larry Harris tournament rules(lhtr) often are mentioned. Can anyone tell me what the major changes are from out of the box rules to Lhtr version?
    Do the players decide for themselves, which rules to use. My opponent and I didn’t agree on anything, so should I now be afraid that he suddenly pulls some nasty, which isn’t described in the out of the box rules??

• 2007 AAR League

Actually, by and far the “something nasty” was a loophole left in the Out Of Box (OOB) rules.  The LHTR rules attempt to remove the “something nasty” from the game.

Follow this link for a .pdf of the new ruleset.

http://www.axisandallies.org/node/233

• 2007 AAR League

Actually, by and far the “something nasty” was a loophole left in the Out Of Box (OOB) rules.  The LHTR rules attempt to remove the “something nasty” from the game.

Follow this link for a .pdf of the new ruleset.

http://www.axisandallies.org/node/233

• 2007 AAR League

Is 1.3 still the latest version?  Is there a 1.4 in the works?

• Founder TripleA Admin

I like rumors. Where can I get more information about the A&A Deluxe edition rumor? I’d like to post a rumor article.

• so under these rules super subs lose all sub ablities and become just 3/3’s? (lose first strike, submerge, sneak through hostle sea zones, and whatever else i cant think of atm) and if thats the case could they now hit aircraft?
    also, how are the superfortresses handled if in an attack with fighters….could a fighter take the hit for the bomber?(example, say i attack germany with 2 inf, 2 fighters and a bomber and the aa guns score 1 hit(the one that they roll 2 dice for the bomber) is that handled as an aa hit like any other battle where i can choose which air unit i lose, or does it have to be the bomber?

• No.

Super Subs only lose their sneak attack ability (sort of) if an enemy DST is present.  They still fire first, their opponent just gets to fire back.

The only CHANGE with Super Subs over regular subs is that they attack on 3 instead of 2, they are otherwise the same as (includign all abilities and limitations) regular SUBs.

• craigs’ post above does say sub’s are 3/3 no other special abilties, thats worded very confusing to me, what other special abilties would he be refering too?

• It meant nothing new was added to them.

• thanks ncscswitch for clearing that up, what about my second question with the optional superfortress rule, can the fighter take the hit for the bomber in my above post?

• In revised, FIGs and BOMs are targetted serperately by AA fire.

So in your example, 2 dice would be rolled on the FIGs, 1 on the BOM.  If the one for the BOM hits, you lose the BOM and can;t choose FIGs instead.

• 2007 AAR League

For superfortresses I thought 2 aa dice were rolled for each bomber?

• No.  Still only 1.  Otherwise Superfortress would be a DISadvantage not an ADvantage

Only the Superfortress itself rolls more than 1 die…

• 2007 AAR League

LHTR 1.3 page 29 of 29:

6. Superfortresses
    THE B-29 SUPERFORTRESS FLEW HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER PLANE
    IN THE U.S. ARSENAL.
    The defender rolls two antiaircraft guns for
    each superfortress. The total of 2 die must
    add to 3 or less to shoot the superfortress
    down in the opening fire step.

Normal AA fire has a 1 in 6 chance of hitting.
    Superfortress AA fire has a 3 in 36 chance (1 in 12) of hitting.  So it’s still an advantage.

• Thank you for the correction RJ.

• ok, so anti USA AA’s are 1 dice as normal, then once you assign hits, you rerole for the bomber? please make up an ex. of the USA attacking with both bombers and fighters in the same battle step by step

• OK, USA flies 2 FIG, 1 BOM over Germany as part of a land/sea/air operation against Berlin.  They have Superfortresses.

As per game rules, the first step is “conduct opening fire”, in this case that will include AA fire against the incoming US aircraft.
    Versus the 2 FIGs 2 dice are rolled.  Any 1’s rolled mean a FIG shot down
    Versus the Superfortress 2 dice are rolled.  If the total of those two dice is 3 or less, the superfortress is shot down.

Combat proceeds as normal.

Again in Revised, it is NOT the choice of the attacker what type of aircraft are lost to AA fire.  The FIGs and BOMs are targetted SEPERATELY.  So any hits that are rolled against the FIGs are taken by the FIGs, and any hits rollled against the BOMs are taken by the BOMs and cannot be taken on FIGs

• In standard tournament play what determines victory?  Minor, Major, or Total Victory according to VC’s, or is there another way to determine the winner?

• Speaking ONLY for Axis and Allies dot ORG Tournaments…

Our victory conditions are:
    9 VC (at the end of the USA move) or Surrender.

The same is also true for our League.

• That seems low, but the difference between 9 and 10 VCs could take several turns.  What is the average game length in terms or turns?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m