• In revised, FIGs and BOMs are targetted serperately by AA fire.

So in your example, 2 dice would be rolled on the FIGs, 1 on the BOM.  If the one for the BOM hits, you lose the BOM and can;t choose FIGs instead.

• 2007 AAR League

For superfortresses I thought 2 aa dice were rolled for each bomber?

• No.  Still only 1.  Otherwise Superfortress would be a DISadvantage not an ADvantage

Only the Superfortress itself rolls more than 1 die…

• 2007 AAR League

LHTR 1.3 page 29 of 29:

6. Superfortresses
    THE B-29 SUPERFORTRESS FLEW HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER PLANE
    IN THE U.S. ARSENAL.
    The defender rolls two antiaircraft guns for
    each superfortress. The total of 2 die must
    add to 3 or less to shoot the superfortress
    down in the opening fire step.

Normal AA fire has a 1 in 6 chance of hitting.
    Superfortress AA fire has a 3 in 36 chance (1 in 12) of hitting.  So it’s still an advantage.

• Thank you for the correction RJ.

• ok, so anti USA AA’s are 1 dice as normal, then once you assign hits, you rerole for the bomber? please make up an ex. of the USA attacking with both bombers and fighters in the same battle step by step

• OK, USA flies 2 FIG, 1 BOM over Germany as part of a land/sea/air operation against Berlin.  They have Superfortresses.

As per game rules, the first step is “conduct opening fire”, in this case that will include AA fire against the incoming US aircraft.
    Versus the 2 FIGs 2 dice are rolled.  Any 1’s rolled mean a FIG shot down
    Versus the Superfortress 2 dice are rolled.  If the total of those two dice is 3 or less, the superfortress is shot down.

Combat proceeds as normal.

Again in Revised, it is NOT the choice of the attacker what type of aircraft are lost to AA fire.  The FIGs and BOMs are targetted SEPERATELY.  So any hits that are rolled against the FIGs are taken by the FIGs, and any hits rollled against the BOMs are taken by the BOMs and cannot be taken on FIGs

• In standard tournament play what determines victory?  Minor, Major, or Total Victory according to VC’s, or is there another way to determine the winner?

• Speaking ONLY for Axis and Allies dot ORG Tournaments…

Our victory conditions are:
    9 VC (at the end of the USA move) or Surrender.

The same is also true for our League.

• That seems low, but the difference between 9 and 10 VCs could take several turns.  What is the average game length in terms or turns?

• :-o
    I’ve played over 80 online revised games in the past year, and games at 9 VC win can take from 6 to 16 turns, ( with a standard bid of 9 IPC for the Axis).
      My game results are about 52% wins with the Axis being victorious slightly more than my allies. In the game ladder I play in we play two games per opponent, one as the allies and the other game as the axis.
        :roll:

• Bear in mind that 9 VC means, in a typical game that:
    Either Germany is 100% defeated, and that Russia is still intact AND that UK still has India
    Or that Russia is completely destroyed, India has fallen, and German and Japan core territories are UNTOUCHED.

No matter how you slice it, 9VC is next to impossible to come back from.

As for game length with our victory conditions…
    5-15 is pretty average, with games over 20 not uncommon.

• LHTR v2.0 is out.  You can access it here:  http://aamc.net/bunker/forumsql/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=392

• Thank you for posting that.

I will look over them and see if I notice anything major that will impact us for Tournaments, and I am sure Darth will check them out to see if there are any issues regarding the  League.  For now, we continue with 1.3 for both Tournament and League play (no active Tournaments at present, so not an issue)

• 2007 AAR League

we’ll have to change the fact that if an attacking sub(s) get hits on defending subs on first stike, still then now the defending subs get to shoot back regardless of first strike.

• SUBs have always had simultaneous opening fire, I am not reading a change in your post (Am I mis-reading what you are saying?)

But I’ll be sure to read that section of the new rules to check for changes (there were a lot of clarifications, but allegedly no major changes except in National Advantages)

• @Craig:

I sent an email to D. Jensen with the new pdf asking him to post it, like he did with v1.3.

I was hoping that he would get to it before the links from other sites started popping up.

The link listed is a link to the DAAK site, through the AAMC site.

No rules were changed, just clarified.

Enjoy!

Craig

Actually the rules that were changed significantly where the National Advantages.

• Founder TripleA Admin

http://www.axisandallies.org/LHTR

Is the place on this site for v2.0. You’ll notice that the URL is actually the same as the previous URL. I did that on purpose so that folks wouldn’t have to update all of their old links. On the new page you’ll see a link to LHTR 1.3.

Enjoy.

• Well done.

External link to discussion, but the file right there for easy access.

And a SUPER EASY URL!

I love it :-)

• Hey Craig, is it possible or can you point out some of the main changes (if any) that were made to these latest set of rules?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m