How to get people to use your house rules…

• I use Microsoft Publisher to make everything. To make the cards, you can get the cardboard backing at any craft store. Print your material on regular printing paper and then glue the paper to the cardboard backing with spray adhesive. Then cut the cards out with a sharp utility knife and strait edge. Spray the cards with clear matte spraypaint to resist stains.

• Customizer

@Der:

I use Microsoft Publisher to make everything. To make the cards, you can get the cardboard backing at any craft store. Print your material on regular printing paper and then glue the paper to the cardboard backing with spray adhesive. Then cut the cards out with a sharp utility knife and strait edge. Spray the cards with clear matte spraypaint to resist stains.

Thanks Der Kuenstler!

• Sponsor

As well, be sure to shop on HBG and/or FMG to make sure that you can’t buy some of your special tokens and/or units straight up. As for custom charts… the advice above is bang on, you can also play around in Exel if that comes easier to you… but publisher is best.

• Customizer

@Young:

As well, be sure to shop on HBG and/or FMG to make sure that you can’t buy some of your special tokens and/or units straight up. As for custom charts… the advice above is bang on, you can also play around in Exel if that comes easier to you… but publisher is best.

LOL Grasshopper! I only laugh because I spend a lot of money at HBG. I love thier stuff.

I will take your advice in addition to Der Kuenstler’s on publisher. I have some ideas for tokens thst HBG doesn’t make. A long time ago I made and even posted a token you can place underneath a transport to note it had defensive armament.  They looked very “homemade” not terrible but not nice lol. I posted it for people to use but …ehh interest was not high so I took down the post.

Anyway, thanks YG!

• Customizer

Bump. A lot of good stuff here.

• Agreeing with most others here, this is one quality thread as I am fairly certain most {face-to-face} players have some of their house rules incorporated in one manner or another.

• Sponsor

DK, I nominated your “how to get people to play your house rules” post as a feature article, and it is now up on the home page… check it out.

• Cool - thank you YG!

• So, I can’t see the images in the original post.  All I see are Photobucket meter images.  Apparently the download limit or bandwidth limit or something has been exceeded?  Or some other problem?  Anyone have an idea what the problem is?

I’m curious as to what the Larry Harris quote is in one of the images.  Can someone share the quote?

• @IronWill:

So, I canÂ’t see the images in the original post.  All I see are Photobucket meter images.  Apparently the download limit or bandwidth limit or something has been exceeded?  Or some other problem?  Anyone have an idea what the problem is?

IÂ’m curious as to what the Larry Harris quote is in one of the images.  Can someone share the quote?

Photobucket screwed us all by starting to charge about $40 a month to post pictures on 3rd party sites - a service that has been free for years. It’s a shame but I’m not paying for that.

Larry’s quote says something like “I must point out that I encourage the use and implementation of house rules”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m