• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Hi, I’m new to Global 1940 and the question I have is, can China be liberated if all of its forces are defeated? In other words can another ally liberate enough territories so that they can regain infantry again?

Thanks for any replies!

John Brown

• Yes, any liberated chinese territory (including the ones starting under japanese control) automatically becomes chinese.

• '15 '14

And I have indeed seen games in which first all Chinese territories were Japanese which ended in China being liberated completely with lots of Chinese forces.

Thank you both. I figured it you could liberate it, just like other powers, but my friend teaching me thought that since they were not an industrial power, they would not be allowed to come back, but that didn’t make since to me, game wise. He told me to ask you all to be sure, and I’m glad I did.

Thank you both!

• Customizer

In a way, China has it a little better than the other nations since there is no capital territory for the Axis to capture. With all the other nations, once you grab their capital and there isn’t any chance it could be liberated, they are pretty much out of the game. They can still control any of their forces still on the board of course, but they can’t buy any new stuff.
    With China, even if their last territory is captured by the Axis, they still keep any money that they have. Then when any allied power liberates any Chinese territory, China can purchase and place men there on their next turn, even the cheap 1 IPC territories.
    I have heard that some guys when playing China and they see that Japan is about to overwhelm them in a round or two simply don’t buy anything for China and save their money. Then when an ally gets a Chinese territory back, China can plop a large stack of men there and really cause havoc for the Japanese.

By the way, love your Stuka.

@knp7765:

In a way, China has it a little better than the other nations since there is no capital territory for the Axis to capture. With all the other nations, once you grab their capital and there isn’t any chance it could be liberated, they are pretty much out of the game. They can still control any of their forces still on the board of course, but they can’t buy any new stuff.
    With China, even if their last territory is captured by the Axis, they still keep any money that they have. Then when any allied power liberates any Chinese territory, China can purchase and place men there on their next turn, even the cheap 1 IPC territories.
    I have heard that some guys when playing China and they see that Japan is about to overwhelm them in a round or two simply don’t buy anything for China and save their money. Then when an ally gets a Chinese territory back, China can plop a large stack of men there and really cause havoc for the Japanese.

I appreciate the advice. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you!

John

• Customizer

John.

––I’m glad you asked the question. It hasn’t come up in our routine global games thus far. Usually the global strategic situation has been decided by the 5th-7th turn, thus before any “TOTAL liberation” of China can take place.
    ----I truly believe that a day you haven’t learned something,….is a day wasted!  :-D

“Tall Paul”

Isn’t that the truth? :-D

• Customizer

Hey John,

––I just noticed your new avatar. Pretty Cool. I can almost hear the sirens Screaming! BTW, when my Dad was soldiering in WW2 Germany he “liberated” a complete Luftwaffe fur-lined leather flying suit from the factory his unit overan. Just one of the many “souveniers” he returned home with.
    ----Looks like this avatar might dislose your AGGRESSIVE side. I hope so. It will certinly be usefull when playing our A&A games,…especially when you play an Axis power.
    ----I guess I’ll see you Thursday week for our next gaming session. You’re Japan this time. BONZAI!  :-D

“Tall Paul”
    p.s. - I spoke to Doug and ordered his 1939-Global map & units along with several 1940-Global items I wanted/needed. He said they should be ready by this week-end. Later

@Tall:

Hey John,

––I just noticed your new avatar. Pretty Cool. I can almost hear the sirens Screaming! BTW, when my Dad was soldiering in WW2 Germany he “liberated” a complete Luftwaffe fur-lined leather flying suit from the factory his unit overan. Just one of the many “souveniers” he returned home with.
    ----Looks like this avatar might dislose your AGGRESSIVE side. I hope so. It will certinly be usefull when playing our A&A games,…especially when you play an Axis power.
    ----I guess I’ll see you Thursday week for our next gaming session. You’re Japan this time. BONZAI!�  :-D

“Tall Paul”
    p.s. - I spoke to Doug and ordered his 1939-Global map & units along with several 1940-Global items I wanted/needed. He said they should be ready by this week-end. Later

I’m glad you like it. I got bored with my other avatar, and wanted a more aggressive avatar. I bet your dad had a ton of things he brought back. It would be neat to see some of those items. I hope I do better on the next game. I hope Doug will have our supplement packs completed this weekend. Take care Paul! :-D

John

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m