• Last game I was playing Japan. On UK1 they built a IC on India. So what should I do on J1?

This is what I did. I went all out for the UK complex and I almost took it but UK won with one fighter remaining. If I had better luck with the dice UK would have nothing left in Asia and would have had a “free” complex. That was my goal. That would have it possible to reach Russia with tanks. The backside was of course that I didnt kill any of the US fleet on J1 since all troops went to India.

On J2 I felt I had to buy a IC of my own and place it on French Indochina. This led to an arms race with India which kept me from attacking Russia. Because at the same time US came strong against me since its Hawaii fleet never was attacked on J1. So I had to keep buying ships to defend Japan. I had nothing to put in China or Russia.

Japan was never able to help Germany which in the end led to Germanys fall.

Do u think I did wrong when I went all out for the complex in India? Maybe I should have killed the US fleet at Hawaii and built a complex of my own instead on J1. Or something else? Pleae advise, what should I do when UK builds a complex in India on UK1?

• I’d still kill the US fleet and the British Fleet if they hung around India on J1. Then, I’d probably try and move as many units into French Indochina during non-combat for an attack on J2. I don’t think you can ignore the IC in India past J2.

I like to wait until I have plenty of units in place… but sometimes you have to take risks.

Also, I sometimes buy an IC on J1 and place it in French IndoChina to go after India. It also depends on if Germany is trying to rob UK of IPCs or not. If so, I support that strategy by trying to take India and using it as a backdoor into Moscow.

GQ

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Two fighters, 1 bomber, 4 infantry (2 via transport from Phillipines) and you can still do Pearl Harbor 2.

Meanwhile, you can shuffle troops around to compensate for the weird deployment of forces for the turn, anything to prevent UK from building in India on UK2.

• @Jennifer:

Two fighters, 1 bomber, 4 infantry (2 via transport from Phillipines) and you can still do Pearl Harbor 2.

Meanwhile, you can shuffle troops around to compensate for the weird deployment of forces for the turn, anything to prevent UK from building in India on UK2.

I agreee, this might be enough to take India. What happened in my last game was that UK had NA radar and shot down two of my planes. Without the loss of those two planes I would proberly have taken India so stil I feel that I was right to attack India even if I lost this time.

But can I do Pearl Harbour also? What troops do I have left for that? I dont remenber. 2 fighters, 1 sub and 1 battleship I think. Is that enough for Pearl Harbour?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Well, I wasn’t thinking of taking the islands, just in attacking the fleet. Remember, you can always retreat if your cannon fodder’s destroyed, the goal is just to weaken the enemy and buy yourself more time to begin full scale production of war materials.

• @Jennifer:

Well, I wasn’t thinking of taking the islands, just in attacking the fleet. Remember, you can always retreat if your cannon fodder’s destroyed, the goal is just to weaken the enemy and buy yourself more time to begin full scale production of war materials.

No, I didnt mean to take the islands either. I appologize for my unclear english. :oops:

• pls feel free to vote even if u dont wanna post a reply! :D

• @Jennifer:

Is this in reference to AAR cause there is no transport starting in Phillipines, and the one in SZ 59 (Kwangtung) is usually destroyed on UK 1

• The Japanese capitol ships are irreplaceable…That is Japans weak link…Wipe their navy out,however you can and Japan falls like a ripe apple.They wont be able to build an army large enough,nor have enough time to fight Russia

• @The:

The Japanese capitol ships are irreplaceable…That is Japans weak link…Wipe their navy out,however you can and Japan falls like a ripe apple.They wont be able to build an army large enough,nor have enough time to fight Russia

I agree, however its not that easy to catch the Japan navy if they play smart. I f the US navy at Pearl Harbour is destroyed at J1 it will take several turn before US can destroy the Japan navy if it stays together. And if US want to land in France it will even harder for the US navy get the upper hand on Japan. But it is possible, ive seen it happen.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m