• I can get the US to land in Norway and the UK Fleet can hold near Denmark. The fleet should be enough without Air support to take out the German Navy in Sz113. I will divert everything to taking out Italian Fleet in the Med.

Is it worth me losing all of my air/Med Fleet to take out Navy in 95/96/97? That’s a total of

SZ 95: 1 transport, 1 submarine, 1 destroyer, 1 cruiser
    SZ 96: 1 transport, 1 destroyer
    SZ 97: 1 transport, 1 cruiser, 1 battleship

And I can bring

1 transport, 1 destroyer, 1 cruiser, 1 aircraft carrier (carrying 1 tactical bomber)
    5 Fighters

Looks fairly close and I will incur some losses. Can seem me 2 Fighters, a Destroyer and Cruiser at least.

I guess I can follow up with the French fleet and Fighter

Will buy 1 Infantry/Artillery for a T2 invasion. I don’t think I have the points for a carrier. Perhaps 1 bomber and a destroyer.

I think I will be buying 2 Carriers, 1 Destroyer, 2 Subs for US T1 and split the force between Pacific and Atlantic. Will send Pacific Fleet down to Austrailia. T2 will be fighters for the carriers.

I have also sent 1 Tank/1Mech Infantry/2 Infantry down to NW Persia from Caucasus. Am split between attacking Iraq and openign up Persia. I currently have pulled back all on Soviet/Germany border just leaving a single infantry and have stacked 18 Infantry in Novogorod and about 10 (with a further 6 on their way from Moscow the following turn) in Ukraine along with some other assets. Will be concentrating on Artillery next round.

On a seperate note, where I can find out about all the abreviations you all use?

• '10

@SunTzu7:

On a seperate note, where I can find out about all the abreviations you all use?

Here : http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27430.0

• 96 and 97 are many times the standard attack and many people leave 95. A lot of the abbreviation are listed on another thread, just search abbreviations it should come up with a thread.

• Did Germany attack Russia G1?

• @SunTzu7:

I can get the US to land in Norway and the UK Fleet can hold near Denmark. The fleet should be enough without Air support to take out the German Navy in Sz113. I will divert everything to taking out Italian Fleet in the Med.

Is it worth me losing all of my air/Med Fleet to take out Navy in 95/96/97? That’s a total of

SZ 95: 1 transport, 1 submarine, 1 destroyer, 1 cruiser
    SZ 96: 1 transport, 1 destroyer
    SZ 97: 1 transport, 1 cruiser, 1 battleship

And I can bring

1 transport, 1 destroyer, 1 cruiser, 1 aircraft carrier (carrying 1 tactical bomber)
    5 Fighters

Looks fairly close and I will incur some losses. Can seem me 2 Fighters, a Destroyer and Cruiser at least.

I guess I can follow up with the French fleet and Fighter

Will buy 1 Infantry/Artillery for a T2 invasion. I don’t think I have the points for a carrier. Perhaps 1 bomber and a destroyer.

I think I will be buying 2 Carriers, 1 Destroyer, 2 Subs for US T1 and split the force between Pacific and Atlantic. Will send Pacific Fleet down to Austrailia. T2 will be fighters for the carriers.

I have also sent 1 Tank/1Mech Infantry/2 Infantry down to NW Persia from Caucasus. Am split between attacking Iraq and openign up Persia. I currently have pulled back all on Soviet/Germany border just leaving a single infantry and have stacked 18 Infantry in Novogorod and about 10 (with a further 6 on their way from Moscow the following turn) in Ukraine along with some other assets. Will be concentrating on Artillery next round.

You can’t hit all three SZs that contain Italian ships in the Med- Usually SZ 95 is left alone.  Send the Cruiser from Gibraltar to SZ 96 along with the Fighter from Gibraltar.  Everything else to SZ 97.  Depending on where the German airforce is, and how well you roll, you can leave fighters on the UK Carrier in SZ 96 or land all British air in Malta.  Typically I only win with the Carrier and fighters, so I leave the carrier to die and save my air.  From there you can move some Indian ocean boats up through the Suez and/or bring British boats from Canada/UK to the Med if you want.  the SZ to the left of Gibraltar is powerful- from there (and its NB) you can hit Norway, France, Denmark, and Italy.

One thing to think about is using the US to take Denmark and then the UK move into the Baltic and take Berlin!  My last game Germany had only light defenses in Berlin not thinking about the one-two punch of US/UK.

As Russia, if you can take Iraq it is great because it is worth 5 IPCs for them.  Persia is also good, but sometimes I take Persia with the UK to build a minor factory there- all depends on what your plans are.

I would definitely be aggressive with the UK because of Germany’s weakness in France.  I agree with the above posters-  Don’t bother with a UK factory in Norway- better to land in France/Denmark/Belgium or Southern France/Italy (Depending on where you want to attack).

• Customizer

You can’t take out the German fleet in SZ 113 with British fleet until you take and hold Denmark. The Danish Straights are protected by Denmark. UK has to take Denmark in one round, hold it from a German attack then on the next round British ships can move through the Danish Straights and whomp the German fleet.

• @knp7765:

You can’t take out the German fleet in SZ 113 with British fleet until you take and hold Denmark. The Danish Straights are protected by Denmark. UK has to take Denmark in one round, hold it from a German attack then on the next round British ships can move through the Danish Straights and whomp the German fleet.

I didn’t realise this. Thanks! So Norway or Denmark? I can reach both although only with 2 ground units. I will be diverting all air assets to the Med so will only be whatever Navy I have.

I don’t know whether the Soviets will be declared on by Germany for their next turn or not but if they have, I may try and use their Sub/Cruiser in Sz 115 to whittle the German fleet down.

• @RogertheShrubber:

Did Germany attack Russia G1?

No. France mostly. He took out the following also

SZ 91: 1 cruiser
    SZ 109: 1 destroyer

So can’t double up with fighter from Gibralter and Cruiser. Only have the Med Fleet and fighters.

• @BJCard:

[
    One thing to think about is using the US to take Denmark and then the UK move into the Baltic and take Berlin!  My last game Germany had only light defenses in Berlin not thinking about the one-two punch of US/UK. Â

As Russia, if you can take Iraq it is great because it is worth 5 IPCs for them.  Persia is also good, but sometimes I take Persia with the UK to build a minor factory there- all depends on what your plans are. Â

I would definitely be aggressive with the UK because of Germany’s weakness in France.  I agree with the above posters-  Don’t bother with a UK factory in Norway- better to land in France/Denmark/Belgium or Southern France/Italy (Depending on where you want to attack).
    [/quote]

Ok. I cannot get any US troops on to German soil for till turn 2. I can get some UK Troops on the ground now but will likely not hold it. Why is Norway not a good option? Should Russia build a troop carrier to get some troops to Denmark also? I have a lot of infantry in USSR currently, and specifically Novogorod.

• Us goes pacific heavy with destroyers, subs, and loaded carriers.  Battleships and cruisers are pointless in this version.

• @SunTzu7:

@BJCard:

[
    One thing to think about is using the US to take Denmark and then the UK move into the Baltic and take Berlin! � My last game Germany had only light defenses in Berlin not thinking about the one-two punch of US/UK. �

As Russia, if you can take Iraq it is great because it is worth 5 IPCs for them. � Persia is also good, but sometimes I take Persia with the UK to build a minor factory there- all depends on what your plans are. �

I would definitely be aggressive with the UK because of Germany’s weakness in France. � I agree with the above posters- � Don’t bother with a UK factory in Norway- better to land in France/Denmark/Belgium or Southern France/Italy (Depending on where you want to attack).
    [/quote]

Ok. I cannot get any US troops on to German soil for till turn 2. I can get some UK Troops on the ground now but will likely not hold it. Why is Norway not a good option? Should Russia build a troop carrier to get some troops to Denmark also? I have a lot of infantry in USSR currently, and specifically Novogorod.

If Germany only took out 1 Cruiser and 1 Destroyer then the UK is sitting pretty Navy wise.  Norway is fine to take if you only have 2 units to land- it does deny Germany a National Objective.  Denmark is kind of a waste to take unless you can take it with the US and send the UK through before Germany’s turn.

I was saying I would not bother with an IC in Norway with the UK- especially because your Navy is more or less intact.  You don’t need all air to go to the Med- just the Bomber would work-  As far as hitting the Italian fleet at Malta- yeah if no Cruiser then send 1 or 2 fighters there to take it out.  Very important to limit Italy to 1 transport turn 1.

• @ghr2:

Us goes pacific heavy with destroyers, subs, and loaded carriers.  Battleships and cruisers are pointless in this version.

I could not agree more.  I have not purchased a Battleship in any A&A since the original Pacific.  I may buy a cruiser now and then for their bombard ability (and only if I have plenty of DD’s and 4 extra IPC’s sitting around).

As far as I’m concerned I’d rather have 2 DD’s save 4 IPCs or 1 DD, 1 CA instead of a BB.

• Uk then goes heavy on Italy.  Buys factory Egypt, and transport with ground out of South Africa.  This is to help protect Egypt and the Middle East until the Italian navy is killed.  Uk can either kill 96, remaining German fleet that is reachable. And have 110 fleet and .98 fleet stack 92 with a blocker in 94 or u send the gib fighter and 91 cruiser to 96 and your 98 fleet and uk bomber to 97 with gib fighter(maybe add 1 more fighter from uk) while using 109/ 106/ 111 to kill German subs n stuff.  Attacking 97 requires a slight defensive buy for uk( since germ failed in France just do a fighter and inf).  Either use the 98 tranny on Ethiopia it to take Persia round 1.  It is important there are no subs in range of 106 so that transports can stack there to get the Canadians engaged.  U can also set up to take brazil uk2.  Is there a way u can post an image of the game?

• @BJCard:

@ghr2:

Us goes pacific heavy with destroyers, subs, and loaded carriers.  Battleships and cruisers are pointless in this version.

I could not agree more.  I have not purchased a Battleship in any A&A since the original Pacific.  I may buy a cruiser now and then for their bombard ability (and only if I have plenty of DD’s and 4 extra IPC’s sitting around).

As far as I’m concerned I’d rather have 2 DD’s save 4 IPCs or 1 DD, 1 CA instead of a BB.

Knock cruisers down to 11 or 10 and battleships to 18, then I will consider buying them.

• I’m not so certain myself if Cairo is even necessary at the moment. Germany’s huge blunder from the first round should have Russia thinking offensively as soon as they get the green light. Russia should take Warsaw, western allies converge on Paris. Joint strike on Berlin should be game over. Paris, Berlin, and Warsaw win the game. Italy will have to help Germany stay in the game since they took the cap money from France.

• @RogertheShrubber:

I’m not so certain myself if Cairo is even necessary at the moment. Germany’s huge blunder from the first round should have Russia thinking offensively as soon as they get the green light. Russia should take Warsaw, western allies converge on Paris. Joint strike on Berlin should be game over. Paris, Berlin, and Warsaw win the game. Italy will have to help Germany stay in the game since they took the cap money from France.

Yeah I wouldn’t buy a factory at Cairo in this situation- Britain has most of its fleet still- plop down a couple more DD and some Transports and they are in business!

• With a big Italy, uk will need to make sure he holds Egypt though

• Egypt factory is always a good idea if you plan on knocking out Italy’s income

• @ghr2:

Egypt factory is always a good idea if you plan on knocking out Italy’s income

True, forgot Italy was getting French money.  You can contest the Med without the Egypt factory though.  It all depends on the strategy.

• True, I feel that I would need to see the board before anything is concrete

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m