Combat and non combat movement clairification

• ok so im in a game and the german player has a bunch of tanks ready to attack spain in prospect of capturing Gibraltar. his plan is to attack with all tanks but 3. he will take spain for sure and then have his 3 tanks move to attack gibraltar after spain has fallen. Is this possible? i thought all combat movement had to happen all at once???

• Customizer

No, this is an illegal move. You are right, all combat movement has to happen at the same time. If Germany is going to attack Spain, he can’t roll through and attack Gibraltar after conquering Spain in the same turn. He will have to wait until Germany’s next turn to attack Gibraltar.

• ok thats good. because a game before this same move happened and allowed germany to capture moscow super easily LOL
    the whole time i was thinking, this doesnt seem right

• Sounds like they were playing by Risk rules.  :lol:

• Lets say germany captures spain. and some tanks did not attack. can they move into an undefended gibraltar in non combat movement? or does non combat occur at the same time as combat but it just results in no combat?

• Taking Spain would be combat.  Non-combat movements do no involve territories changing hands.

• i know taking spain would be combat. but does non combat occur at the same time as combat movement?
    for example can germany take spain, then move units into spain after its defeated?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Hepps01:

Taking Spain would be combat.  Non-combat movements do no involve territories changing hands.

Pro-axis or Pro-allied territories only -change hands- during NCM…. just to clarify Hepps ;)

• @Keodis:

i know taking spain would be combat. but does non combat occur at the same time as combat movement?
    for example can germany take spain, then move units into spain after its defeated?

Ya, as long as those other units are not planes and were not involved in combat already.  But, non-com is after all combat has been resolved.  There is no new combat after the non-com.

• @Keodis:

Lets say germany captures spain. and some tanks did not attack. can they move into an undefended gibraltar in non combat movement? or does non combat occur at the same time as combat but it just results in no combat?

This question is answered by the all-combats-happening simultaneously thing. You make your combat move (invading Spain). You perform combat (capturing Spain). You perform noncombat (including, hey, reinforce Spain if you want, with non-air units).

But the thing you can’t do is perform a subsequent combat move and combat phase to capture an enemy-held Gibraltar; even the capturing of an empty enemy territory is combat.

• thanks guys

• Can The Germans in the Caucasus:

A) Make a combat move to Invade Northwest Persia.
    B) Combat (and defeat) the British troops stationed there.
    c) Use a tank (or mech) left back in the Caucasus (Not involved in the fighting above) to make a Non-Combat Move to go to Iraq and activate it ?

• @Darby:

Can The Germans in the Caucasus:

A) Make a combat move to Invade Northwest Persia.
    B) Combat (and defeat) the British troops stationed there.
    c) Use a tank (or mech) left back in the Caucasus (Not involved in the fighting above) to make a Non-Combat Move to go to Iraq and activate it ?

i think thats fine, might want another opinion

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Yes this is legal.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m