• im new to Axis & Allies.
    can someone tell me what is "1939: World at War "?
    Thanks

• world at war is an expansion game for axis and allies
    new map, French, Chinese and Neutral Units, lots of new rules

it’s pretty sweet if you have a week to play a game

http://www.wargamer.com/axisandallies/CE/xeno/waw/waw_main.html

• Heeheheheheeheheheeheeheheheheheeheheheeheeheeheheehehehehee!

• Xi(I’ve got nothing more pressing. Talk to ya in bout a week.)

• After playing a few games its apparent to me that the game is really unbalanced in favor of the Allies. Its not hard to see why as Germany makes its most significant gains in the early part of the war, this just makes you get those same gains if everything goes well. Everything doesnt go well though and you are up against the impossible as Axis.

I found the plastic pieces were sub-par compared to the heavier plastic of the MB/AH series, you even have to use an exacto knife to make them lose their extra skin.

• @TrentGT:

After playing a few games its apparent to me that the game is really unbalanced in favor of the Allies. Its not hard to see why as Germany makes its most significant gains in the early part of the war, this just makes you get those same gains if everything goes well. Everything doesnt go well though and you are up against the impossible as Axis.

I found the plastic pieces were sub-par compared to the heavier plastic of the MB/AH series, you even have to use an exacto knife to make them lose their extra skin.

The game tries to mimic history more the A&A.
    Things weren’t balanced during WW2.
    I’m glad the game reflects that.

The game is a nice change from A&A, which IMO, completely lacks innovation.

• What’s the point of historical accuracy if your not around long enough to fully use it? I would hate to see a game that puts US’s starting income at 110 IPCs and the Russians at 88 IPCs and the Germans 23 IPCs (as in real life). That just isn’t fair.

• @TG:

What’s the point of historical accuracy if your not around long enough to fully use it? I would hate to see a game that puts US’s starting income at 110 IPCs and the Russians at 88 IPCs and the Germans 23 IPCs (as in real life). That just isn’t fair.

Be around long enough to use historical accuracy……?
    ummm I don’t know where your getting the icp levels from.
    What do you mean by real life??

I would hate to see a game that has everyone all the same level.
    There would no point of the game having anything to do with WW2.

• I mean, who wants a game of historical accuracy, if the Allies win all the time?

• @TG:

I mean, who wants a game of historical accuracy, if the Allies win all the time?

I agree, I wouldn’t want the game to be a simulation.
    However, I would want it to have the same feel and atmosphere as WW2.
    The Axis need to be at a disadvantage.

• who says you cant have historial accursy and a balanced game?

• History does! :P - Xi

• @GeZe:

who says you cant have historial accursy and a balanced game?

What?

• M_G_, ya gotta read between the letters. :wink:

• The Axis need to be at a disadvantage.

Ha, with America entering the war - you’re talking about a BIG Disadvantage. Russia alone could’ve knocked out both Germany and Japan if they wanted to.

• @TG:

The Axis need to be at a disadvantage.

Ha, with America entering the war - you’re talking about a BIG Disadvantage. Russia alone could’ve knocked out both Germany and Japan if they wanted to.

Your getting away from the topic here.

Anyways, if that’s what you think, you should definitely read more literature on WW2.

• Anyways, if that’s what you think, you should definitely read more literature on WW2.

In terms of what? :-?

• @TG:

Anyways, if that’s what you think, you should definitely read more literature on WW2.

In terms of what? :-?

The fact that you think Russia could have beaten the Axis on its own.

• ya,

the russions had more infantry and the T-34 tank wich is considered the best.

• The fact that you think Russia could have beaten the Axis on its own.

Pure numbers my friend. They would’ve taken Germany themselves and could’ve pushed the Japanese out of mainland Asia (though this would be of lesser importance).

• exsactly :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m