• Simply a request for a clarification:  The paratrooper rule requires that paratroopers ASSIST combat.  So, for example, Japan, who is being pounded by the U.S. and cannot build a significant naval force, could not research paratroopers, and transport troops via bombers to all the unoccupied islands controlled by other forces?  Basically, I am looking for a way to bypass building transports to take over islands.  Would I not be able to take over an island via a paratrooper landing alone?  Or would I need a subsequent amphibious assault in order for the paratrooper to participate in combat?
    Thanks!

• Official Q&A

Paratroopers may only attack along with other forces.  They may not attack alone.

By the way, they are not transported by bombers.  They simply move from an airbase to the target territory (3 spaces max), following the same movement rules as air units.

• The reason is paratroopers have no heavy (and sometimes no light) artillery, no tanks, no trucks, and even a shortage of machine guns.

Also they have limited ammo and food.

• I don’t have the rulebook on hand with me, so thank you very much for your answers!  Makes sense - though for the sake of the current game I wish it wasn’t so :-)

• Yup, just boots, rifles and grenades.  Pretty weaksauce without heavier equipment.

• TripleA

damn depending on tech is rough. 6 rolls is only like 80% or something to get a 6 and then you got to get the tech you want. ><

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m