FMGC 2013 - Planning, Roster, Suggestions, Invites

• Sponsor

@Enigmatic_Decay:

It’s not really the sleeping area I was looking for as much as the game at your place afterwards!

I think a more realistic goal would be to play a full game Friday at my place and leave the rest of the weekend to staying late at the convention both nights. That said, you are more than welcome to play in the Friday game, and I might be able to find a 6’x4’ piece of carpet for you somewhere 😉

• @Gargantua:

out of towners

I think INVADERS is a better descriptive term.

Hahahahaha Good one!

Yeah YG, that might work! of course a hotel party sounds tantalizing too!

• Might I suggest, if FMG would be good enough to let us use his map, but a giant multi-team game of the 1939 global war variant? If your plan is to stay late at the convention then why not play a game that would take 2 full day to get a decision on? It seems like a really neat game with lots for everyone to do, any takers?

• Sponsor

I might get in on that if there is time for a side game or two of ROE.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I would definetly play that.

We’ve got to find a way to speed things up though.

Either timed turns, or “cones of silence”, or an appointed chairman referee, who’s job it is, to make sure the game keeps going.  That way we get results.

Which reminds me… I have to upload sundays game to TripleA soon!

• If you guys can arrange a game of global 1939 I would happily play one of the minor powers.

I’ll take on the role of NAZI Germany.

They probably have the most complicated rules to deal with, and bear the responsibility of making the game exciting.  I promise not to dissappoint. :)

• I would love to play a game of it, we could make it the center piece of the event and try to get everyone involved in it, though that would require us using the D6 rules as oppose to the D12 (highly doubt anyone has a problem with that?).

An interesting way to do that might be to declare a national commander, some one who is the over all commander for one nation but he appoints different people to command (move, and roll for) forces on various fronts. This way you could have people pass in and out of the game but still get a chance to play and not worry about overall strategy going screwy. For example, Gar wants to play as Germany and at some point he will have to fight on more then one front, so he appoints (asks) Vance to command forces on the western front while he commands forces on the eastern front (or vise versa), So Vance would keep track of all forces on the western front, make combat moves, non-combat moves, roll dice, and request reinforcements during the place units phase. Vance doesn’t need to know what Gar’s overall strategy and Gar is free to concentrate his efforts and attention on the eastern front. The added bonus is that if Vance wanted to check out another game and leave the 39 game he could do so and Gar could bring in someone else to command that front, if he so chooses. Then if Vance wanted to come back in but say Young Grasshopper has taken over his command spot, Vance could jump in as a front commander for another nation without giving an unfair advantage to that side.

So, we would have to declare National commanders for each major power (or grouping thereof, like the British commonwealth) and each national commander decides how many front commander spots he will have or need at any given time during the game, and we can rotate people in and out as needed, this way everyone who comes can get to play. Also, national commanders of the same alliance can decide strategy amongst themselves and so you would still have some coordination within the alliances.

• Yep.  I would be the axis minors.

• I am going to call National commander of China now, It seems China has a bigger role in this game.

Rather than having front commanders I should bring a commander for each territory and have them argue with me the entire time making it as historically accurate as possible!  :-D

• Y’know there is actually a Nationalist China and a Communist China!

• Sponsor

I want to play the commonwealth, and Field Marshal games should play the UK if he is available.

• @Vance:

Y’know there is actually a Nationalist China and a Communist China!

Good point! Allow me to clarify, I will play as the Nationalist Chinese national Commander. I also know that the Soviet player is supposed to be controlling the communists Chinese, and that could be a front commander that the Soviet national commander appoints

• Sponsor

@Young:

I want to play the commonwealth, and Field Marshal games should play the UK if he is available.

I would like to reserve the UK for field marshal games until he tells us other wise, I will play the commonwealth.

Well I need an Italy, and a Japan,

And you know what… a Axis Minors player.  Romania, Bulgaria, Finland, Hungary, etc.

We are going to make a heroic alliance to keep Asian invaders out of Europe!

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Well I need an Italy, and a Japan,

And you know what… a Axis Minors player.  Romania, Bulgaria, Finland, Hungary, etc.

We are going to make a heroic alliance to keep Asian invaders out of Europe!

I thought Vance wanted the Axis minors. Enigmatic_decay might want in on this as well.

I missed his post.

That leaves Italy and Japan.  :)

• Dose anyone know where I can find a copy of the rules and set-up for Global 39? I went to the forum but the links for downloads didn’t work

• Sponsor

@Clyde85:

Dose anyone know where I can find a copy of the rules and set-up for Global 39? I went to the forum but the links for downloads didn’t work

Go to boardgamegeek.com and search Global War 1939.

• Banzai! count me in as Japan!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m