• Been there, done that.  Along with a couple others a couple of months ago when we knew the project was nearing the end.  If I remember correctly, there was a “no” on more plastic and real money, but a “maybe” (I think) on the map fixes.  I’m thinking the only thing that will be different is the instructions, setup charts and maybe- just maybe the map shading.  That’s it.

• Would they maybe sell an expansion pack?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

ROFLLOLLMAO

And Make Money?

NO!

• @Vance:

Would they maybe sell an expansion pack?

I would love for this to happen, but since its WOTC, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Glad the changes are finished though!  :-D

• They must fix the seazone issue in Manchuria/Korea/Amur (forget the number off the top of my head)

The cardboard chits for bases/ICs/AA are prob here to stay.

Though it would be nice to have nation specific AA since they can no longer be captured, stack and can be taken as casualties.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The question is still begging though Is it really finished???

Somethings are never over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFRWZnertU8&feature=related  0:38 to 1:28  ;)

• Sponsor

No paper money is a shame, leave it to the mathamaticians at WOTC to take the fun out of spending. I can see a whole generation of A&A players smuging their numbers with a pencil and eraser…. THIS AIN’T D&D WOTC…SHAME.

• have to use monopoly money  :-(

• ….green houses for minor ICs and the red hotels for major ICs.  I don’t have enough chips so I use pennies and nickels.  For airbases I use old cigarette butts and for naval bases I use little rolled up gobs of toilet paper.  I tried using marbles for AA guns but they keep rolling off the table so now I use raisins.  Its a good game though  :cry:

• Sponsor

@Vance:

….green houses for minor ICs and the red hotels for major ICs.  I don’t have enough chips so I use pennies and nickels.  For airbases I use old cigarette butts and for naval bases I use little rolled up gobs of toilet paper.  I tried using marbles for AA guns but they keep rolling off the table so now I use raisins.  Its a good game though  :cry:

I heard that little pieces of pocket lint work well as Italian artillery.

• I would sure hope that they would put money in the game, nothin like buying a game and you have to furnish your own pieces,the molds are out there its just a matter of adding a few scense (cents) to the game.
    I have lots of games with the cardboard cut outs and we dont play them……why    because we like to see the pieces

Please make it a top notch game with top notch pieces

not included in set, paper clip,pencil eraser, Monopoly money wad of chewing gum…etc.

• Maybe they will release a sort of collectors edition with more goodies such as plastic ICs and paper money, for a higher price of course :P

• Customizer

isn’t “extra pieces, just the way you want them” what FMG is for?

in my mind, I do not expect any A&A games to include money, or to have great detail in their plastic pieces, and the use of cardboard for certain pieces is also ok.  all these things save money, which translates in a lower price for the game, which is good for me.

What I do not accept, is errors on the game board and errors in the rule book and setup charts.  Pacific was a F-ing disaster in that regard.

• @Veqryn:

in my mind, I do not expect any A&A games to include money, or to have great detail in their plastic pieces, and the use of cardboard for certain pieces is also ok.  all these things save money, which translates in a lower price for the game, which is good for me.

What I do not accept, is errors on the game board and errors in the rule book and setup charts.  Pacific was a F-ing disaster in that regard.

Yeah i seriously doubt adding some paper money is going to jack up the price :P
    It is more likely they cut out these extras to save on cost purely as a profit measure.
    Just like they rushed Pacific, what a mess.

I myself have very high expectations for this game.

A&A not including paper money is not unlike monopoly doing the same thing.
    Little things like this can discourage new players, which is never a good thing.

I have very hopes for the revised editions of G40 and cant wait til it comes out.

Cardboard chits for bases and ICs actually work quite well, but id like to see plastic pieces for AA guns back.

• Its not finished till they release the new rules and set up sheets.

• '17 '16 '15

larry must be unaware of that

• TripleA '12

Yep, and I didn’t buy PAC40 for that very reason. However, if and when they reprint the game with all map/set up errors corrected, I will certainly buy it.

• I bought Pacific, in the hope that I could live with the shortcomings. And I can, but it’s annoying.

I wish that the 1st edition buyers could get the rules, like the extra tacs for Japan.

• @Veqryn:

Believe me, theres no connection between no paper money and a lower game price… just a bigger profit margin.

• ok ive had enough with larrys site. i dont know what to print out! he says he changed germany and the UK but its all the same color so idk what he changed and i dont wanna look for it. does anyone know if he even changed them?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m