German strategy for newest Alpha +3 setup

• G4 is way too late.  The Soviet Red Army is too strong by then.

• G2 or G3 is when u Barbarossa or the Reds stuff u.

• @techroll42:

G2 or G3 is when u Barbarossa or the Reds stuff u.

@Vance:

G4 is way too late.  The Soviet Red Army is too strong by then.

……Unless Germany is building land forces over G2 and G3.
    And Germany has more money than Russia to do it.

Why in the world would a G4 Barbarossa not be viable?  I’ve done several times.
    It’s very nice because it gives you the time to shore up everything in the West and get the Italians in position for can openers.

Russia has 37 IPCs a turn to buy land forces.
    Germany will have 70 and 51 IPCs for two turns to do so.
    And Germany starts off with more.
    Of course G4 Barbarossa is possible.

• Yes, but 2 defending 2’s (2 inf.) are 1 cheaper than 2 attacking 2’s (inf+art). Then you’ve got to actually build for the west, and build mech/armor/Luftwaffe? for the east.

Sure, you’ll have more but they’ll be able to take a lot more with them…

• Um yes.  Offense costs more than defense.
    That applies to every aspect of the game.

@techroll42:

Sure, you’ll have more but they’ll be able to take a lot more with them…

Yeah.  Okay.  And?
    Germany still has more either way.

• what is g2 and g3

• (letter)(number) is a player’s certain turn.

G=Germany
    J=Japan
    R=Russia
    UK=UK
    US=US
    And the others you usually don’t talk about

Then the number is the round number, so when Germany attacks Russia on their 3rd turn, that’s a G3 Barbarossa

• G3 is when I like to hit Russia, along with a sea lion look build early,  hit them both on 3. Also have Italy back up Germany in the east. Also get Italy into the Middle East A.S.A.P for the bonus money and presure on India and Russia

• @Spendo02:

I also prefer trading German Ftr for UK Ftr.  Granted you never want to give up your aircraft, but it is much harder for London to survive if it scrambles its Ftrs because they just can’t replace them nearly as easily as the Germans can before G3 Sea Lion.  Trading 20-30 IPC to keep the UK on London until probably G5 is worth the investment.  It is PARTICULARLY annoying to have UK Ftr en masse around once the US starts landing in Normandy because the UK can just land all its Ftr on top of the ground units that survived, plus land units of its own.  I’d rather the UK have 2-3 Ftr instead of 5-7.

I agree with this strategy, and it is why I hit all of the UK seazones at once. I would rather destroy their navy which is harder to replace than protect 2 of my own planes. Also, if the UK does scramble, it puts them at a severe disadvantage during sea-lion which will be that much easier.

Now that I look at it, if the Germans are going to take Bulgaria, than they won’t need the factory on G2. So, it is probably better to give the Italians those infantry.

@Vance:

G4 is way too late.  The Soviet Red Army is too strong by then.

Like Alsch said, G4 is perfectly viable, especially if you build a minor IC in Romania. You can move more men along the eastern front with G4, most importantly the large army mobilized with the money from G2

• oh ok

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m