• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

26 would be enough, you have 3 fighters.  Assuming 2 of them are deployed somewhere but the 3rd one is in decent range, you could just get 1 carrier, 1 fighter.  Unless you’re aiming for 5 fighters total for the ANZAC.

• '19 '17 '16

36 is preferred though. Effectively, it means a fighter has to go backwards to sit on the carrier if you only have 26. And 29 is required to avoid a wastage of a production spot. With 34 you’d probably buy a DD.

The lack of an airbase on Sydney makes buying fighters and sending them off shore a slow process.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

ANZAC should build the fighters ahead of time, not save the 20 IPCs for a single build. If you build the fighters early, they provide defense, limited offense, and you can still drop them on the carrier later. On the other hand if you’re hoarding cash and Japan heads your way, you are limited by factory capacity in how many units you can build.

Doing it all at once is like storing money in your mattress instead of earning interest on it.

Marsh

• '19 '17 '16

I’m suggesting buying cheaper units like inf to save money rather than spending up on an expense mini navy which won’t be much use anyway.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Also don’t overlook the possibility of just landing ANZAC fighters on US carriers. Great range extender, and gives Japan a lot to worry about.

Marsh

• '19 '17 '16

Always a good option in SZ33. Generally if the USN has gone further they’re out of range and you need to position into Queensland.

• I have been wondering about this too.  What I have done in the past is if Japan has not been overly aggressive in the DEI, I will allow ANZAC to take Java.  On turn two I put all of my planes on the island for defense if Japan is still not a big threat, and then build a factory.  Many times, Japan hasn’t even declared war yet and my ANZAC factory is relatively safe for a turn, in which it can build some units for defense.  I find this strategy especially good at dividing the Japanese navy and some land units, as they want the money island as well as to take away my nuisance of a factory.  I have found that I have the most success when the Japanese have a large U.S. Strike on turn 3, because 70% or more of their navy is required to do this, leaving Java open to build.

• You can’t build a factory on Java though…

• @simon33:

I’m suggesting buying cheaper units like inf to save money rather than spending up on an expense mini navy which won’t be much use anyway.

I dunno, I think the Aussies need to build up some ships. It’s not a bad idea to use your Aussies to block SZs as needed instead of using a USN ship. And when the opportunity arises to target the IJN blockers. Do as much of the light work as possible in order to conserve the strength of the USN for big clashes with the IJN.

• Yes that is my bad, i forgot we were play testing a house rule at the time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m