• Personally, I don’t bother defending malta. If you want that fighter so bad, just buy it.

• i allways lose the malta fighter in t1
    is the best way for Ger. to keep the Med. fleet live longer. i do it too when i’m Ger.
    fore 12ipc’s the best you can buy is a destr.
    or a fighter.

gtz Nils…

• once you’ve bought said fighter, Yanny, it is impossible to get to Africa, unless you plan on American support in which case you probably won’t need it anyway. Besides, it takes 3 turns to fly stuff to Africa and by then it may all be over anyway.

• if germany places first, i would prefer a trasport in the german SZ to scare to uk into using their 12ipc on home defense. if germany is allowed to place 2nd, as dezertfish said, i like to just put armor in libya to do a quick first turn storm into the middle east. getting the extra income early in the game really helps.

• No, I mean just buy it with the 12$

• ahhh, ya veezhoo (I see). You could also buy the infantry and have even more troops in Africa.

• Anyone ever consider giving america anything? Would be funny to watch that :wink:

• The only thing America would even be able to use first turn is ships.

• For the Germans: one tank, one cannon, one man, placed up north in finland.

For the allies: generally, four men stacked on Leningrad. If Germany does something crazy with its money, the allies can do something equally nutso to counter them.

• I like placing another Transport in the baltic to either threat Leningrad (or send more infantry to Vyborg, baltic states) or as cannon fodder when going for the UK home fleet. Depening of course, on where the allies spend their money. With the last 4…. buy a arti, or save it, whatever you like :smile:

• I’ve tried all these ideas. With them I’ve won some and lost some. I prefer the TRN in the Baltic to make opponents choose between 4 INF in Leningrad or 2 INF in Leningrad and 2 INF in UK. I’ve tried some other stupid things…
    I don’t want to talk about it anymore!

• HOWEVER, I do play a variety of openings!
    Thank you very much!
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    “Jisb dinf ornf ein hoffbrau!”

• I ALWAYS put 4 men in leningrad. 2 men in lenigrad cant hold it at all. leningrad is where you fly all of your fighters from england (english and american). Give all of your fighters to russia as soon as you can. They can defend leningrad and be converted to russian fighters.

• Why would you keep two inantry in leningrad after the first turn? There is a minimal chance of the Germans taking Leningrad on the first turn (and even then it doesn’t really matter) and the IC is there for a reason. I think the infantry could be better placed along the front or in Africa.

• Here is what I have tried and it seems to have worked well against a friend of mine who is a very good Axis player. I have yet to ever be the Axis so I have some moves here that work well with using the 12 bucks at the start.

RUSSIA - 4 infantry in Bessarbia, or 4 infantry in Iraq
    Why - 4 infantry in bessarabia help defend the one tank and artillery, and a first move attack by the germans there is almost none existent. The 4 infantry in Iraq is good because you can spare them and use them to help protect the oil.

Britian - destroyer in davis strait, or 2 Inf. on Malta and 2 in trans-jordan,

Us- gets $2 bucks from inital 12 and builds an aircraft carrier and a battleship with all its money (42)

• hey only ONE of the alies gets the $12

• @StrongBad1988:

hey only ONE of the alies gets the $12

Do you mean that UK, USA and Sovjet gets to share the 12IPC or that only one may use them?

• you can split it up any way you want; in total the allies get $12. russia could use all 12, or you could give each 4, or you can save it. it doesnt matter how you use it, but they only get 12

• if i am germany, i will definately save the money. It’s a waste to put it anywhere else, and where ever i put it, the allies will just counter. If i save it, it forces the allies to give the money to either uk or russia. If they give it to russia, that’s really good, since i can sealion them, i think the odds are slightly in germany’s favor if done perfect. If they give it to uk, then it weakens russia, so you can probably get away with a standard win with a slightly weaker russia. In any case, saving it is the best option for germany.
    if i am allies and germany saves, then it stinks, but i will also save it and give it to the uk. I will probably be forced to put 4 infantry on the uk that is if germany saves all their money on turn 1. Depending on how bad the fleet’s are defeated, i might go for a fighter mainly for russia later.

if germany buys stuff with the 12, i will just evenly counter it.

it’s unbalanced, germany should not get 12 more dollars, how much it get’s should be bidded on instead.

please see my post on “a good german strategy” or something like that, it’s the long one.

• yeah, i think that for the germans its best to save the $12, it keeps the allies on their toes

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m