Recap of global game played 12-3-11 with photos

• There were three players to this global game. I played the Axis so most of my comments are from that perspective.

Germany build an AC, DD, TT in round 1 in prep for possible Sealion. In combat, the only unusual play (if that) Germany’s takeover of S France - useful for its port and IC. The initial sea attacks around the UK were met with mediocre success. Did a SBR with 2 bombers, a TAC and fighter. These would have been put to better use sinking UK ships. I wound up with 3 subs with a potential for convoy disruption in SZ 109. The UK had a surviving destroyer that my opponent did not put to use in turn 1 to sink my vulnerable subs. I think that I lucked out.

I decided early on that Japan would focus on China for the first two rounds and build 3 additional TTs for a total of 6. No attack of Russia. By Turn 3, there would be a major force with 3 TTs in the Caroline Islands. A task force with 3 additional TTs would be poised off SE asia.  At that point I would evaluate the disposition of allied forces to determine whether to go for Australia or go for the money islands.

The US focused its builds in the Pacific for the first 3 rounds.

Britain failed to do much damage to the Italian Fleet so I did an amphibious attack of Syria. Perhaps exploiting the Caucasus if unchecked by the British …. More narrative and photos later.
    Africa after Fr1 sm.jpg

• Sorry, but Germany starts with 30 IPC, therefore you cannot build an Aircraft Carrier (16) and a  Destroyer ( 8 ) ant a transport (7) for a total of 31.

However, i like game reports with photos. keep on.

• The Australians focused on building their navy a bit and increasing their income.

Australia after Fr1 sm.jpg

• Japan focuses on the chinese. Transports preparing to load in the Sea of Japan for offensive action later. The Chinese were able to reopen the Burma Road but the Japanese began to concentrate their air power in Kwangsi province. Note that the Russians loom ominously at the Manchurian Border.

Asian Mainland after Fr1 sm.jpg

• Sponsor

Well it’s obvious why the Italians are about to do so well, the UK retreated the Med fleet out the Suez.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL I wish I could play at that table.

They would learn suffering they have never known.  I could one arm everyone in the room blindfolded.  Ahh well.

Thanks for the game report.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

LOL I wish I could play at that table.

They would learn suffering they have never known.  I could one arm everyone in the room blindfolded.  Ahh well.

Thanks for the game report.

I would pay to watch that…. like George “the animal” steel on a turn buckle!

BTW… how do you like my mediphor regarding UK players who don’t have the stones to confront the Italians with their startup Med units?

Instead of saying “I see that you crapped your drawers” I say… “I see that you retreated out the Suez”

Hahaha  “Slipped” out the Suez might be better!  Hey you got some Sand in your Vag. LoL.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Hahaha  “Slipped” out the Suez might be better!  Hey you got some Sand in your Vag. LoL.

“I see that you pushed them out your Suez”. thats it!…. lol

LOL what does that make Gibraltar?

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

LOL what does that make Gibraltar?

Well seeing as we have desinated the Suez as the rear end, it’s safe to say that if you don’t blow your Atlantic load by bringing them into the Med, than you’re just shooting blanks.

• TripleA

UK should sink at least 1 fleet, the one that cannot be scrambled. :X

• Agree that the first UK move should create a seal to protect Egypt from Amphibeous landing.

Pacific after Fr2 sm.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m