Alpha 3, sealion dead? I dont think so.

• I’ll start this post with the end the Sealion is the way to go.

G1 buy 1 AC 2 trannies

land battes turn 1 G1 are pre-determined, France and Yugo….u can go normady(kills the north turn 1 and Italy kills the south) or u go south France(so u can place boats in the Med as germany) ur call hell i havent spent to much time but I’m sure u can statisically take all of France(don’t think u’d want to because u would lose more units in France)…
    so navy battles i don’t see why u just dont kill em all.
    sz112 defender 2 cruisers
    send
    1 tac from poland, 1 fighter west germ(this fighter goes italy).
    u win this battle 99%

sz 111 max defender dd, BB, fi.
    send
    Norway 1 fighter
    holand 1 fighter
    west germ 2 tac
    win 97%

sz 110 max defender 1 cruiser 1 bb 2  fighters
    send
    germ 2bombers and 1 tac(landing on the sz 112 AC)
    west germ 1 fighter 1 tac
    95%
    leaving the last fighter in hungary use it for yugo and and land it in south italy

The only sub unused is the one in sz 117 U can send it to 106 to fight the dd and chance it or hold this sub in reserve and send it north to 124 if u please

Now land 2 planes on the new Carrier in 112, land the rest of the planes in west Germany, (of course send the two fighters I mentioned early to south Italy),
    So now you have a BB(probably damaged) a cruiser an AC two planes on it and 3 that can scramble. In sz 112 along with 2 trannies bought and 1 trannie u started with(3trannies)…the UK, counter with 1 cruiser, 1 dd 3 fighters and a bomber… Germany defends with 99% certainty that he wins.

Turn 2 Germany buys 6-7 more trannies and depending on how UK bought  maybe they buy an AC to further strengthen the navy(or ground units if UK doesn’t have what it takes to kill ya) … move 9-10 transports worth of units to west  Germany so U can pick them up…Mop up remaining Navy the UK has
    Bomb the UK, to lower the amount of units there (not necessary though)
    Italy should have north Africa (or is about too) and Have sent some units to south Europe to defend and late can open…
    Turn 3 comes and Germany Sacks UK…. With 18-20 gorund units and roughly 9-11 air units depending on turn 1 scrambles and then the amount of air shot down by AA Guns,

Turn 4 Sealion worked on UK, and UK Is out of the game  Italy has Africa, and 9 transports a turn will be landing in North Russia along with all that remaining Air from turn 3, and Italy is helping in south Europe thus “can opening” the south… Russia is going to fall and US won’t have a say in Europe until U.K is sacked… Game over Allies.
    So the Sealion is the way to go.
    P.S. Alpha 3 is a new version so I like many of you have not played many games on this version, but I think this version favors the Axis

• This looks like it was written by a 4 year old.

• Customizer

@fanofbond:

This looks like it was written by a 4 year old.

:roll:

How about you keep you comments constructive?

• '10

Sounds that you’re perfectly right : Sealion is not dead ! Lots of people think the same thing.

but your conclusions are a bit exagerated….

@Violent.copper:

Turn 4 Sealion worked on UK, and UK Is out of the game  Italy has Africa, and 9 transports a turn will be landing in North Russia along with all that remaining Air from turn 3, and Italy is helping in south Europe thus “can opening” the south… Russia is going to fall and US won’t have a say in Europe until U.K is sacked… Game over Allies.
    So the Sealion is the way to go.
    P.S. Alpha 3 is a new version so I like many of you have not played many games on this version, but I think this version favors the Axis

Was not game over in Alpha 2 after the fall of UK, i don’t see why it would be in Alpha 3.
    Russia is going to fall after Sealion you say ? But when ? Turn 12 ? turn 19 ? turn 25 ?
    (just kidding)

Also, saying that US won’t have a say in Europe is a bit ridiculous. US has its say wherever it wants (but not everywhere at the same time lol ).

My advice would be : get battlemap, and get to play a game or two against some of the regular players here at aa.org. You might learn that, while your plan has a lot of value, winning might not be as easy as you make it sound in your post. :wink:

• @fanofbond:

An wa wong wif fo yer ols ya prejudiced jerk?

• Customizer

You make only 8 IPC from the UK and Scotland instead of 13, so to defend it with 3 inf per turn if the US is trying to attack drains IPC instead of netting you 4.

Never thought of it that way.  Good point.

• @The:

@fanofbond:

Also remember not everyone here is a native english speaker.

• @jim010:

@fanofbond:

:roll:

How about you keep you comments constructive?

@The:

@fanofbond:

When I am making the comments to my buddy I’m allowed a little slack.

Now,

This strategy has a lot of merit.  First off you mentioned that Germany would lose 1 IPC a turn on the UK, but that is a lot better than the double digits (20+) IPCs a merely weakened UK would cost not only Germany, but Italy a turn in lost units and unobtainable income.  From an economic standpoint taking the UK is always better for the axis rather than letting them survive.  Even with them in the game with a weak presence they can still conduct combat and give the US a shield to hide behind while the UK hides behind the US.

Then when he mentions the US being nullified in Europe he means that they now are greatly reduced in their effectiveness.  With the UK out of the game the US must choose what it wants to do.  Germany has taken the UK on round 3 so the earliest that the US can even make an attempt at recapture is turn 4, if they choose to forget about Japan on US1.  Now most likely the US has built ships in the Pacific on US1, so on US2 when they realize that they need lots of guys in Europe pronto, they build as many transports and guys as they can.  Now look where they are at.  They don’t have superiority over the German air force so they are forced to wait another turn to built combat ships just so they can land.  Now the earliest the US can retake is US7 maybe 6 depending on the Luftwaffe location. Now during all that time Germany as been beating on Russia with Italian help and the Italians have taken all of Africa.  Now the Italians are moving on to India if Japan hasn’t sacked them yet.  Game over.  Russia can’t hold out against all the Germans in the north and the Italians and Japanese in the south.  So all the victory cities will be taken on the Europe board before the US and a liberated UK can even get Egypt back.

Now your saying WTF this irrelevant, if I where the US I would be building in the Atlantic on US1.  Now honestly ask yourself.  When the US builds in the Pacific on US1 they set themselves up to pound Japan into submission.  That said.  Even if the US builds all in the Atlantic on US1 they are forced to sit off the Coast until US3 when they now move towards the UK.  OK you say I can liberate on US4.  Now at this point Germany has taken the UK with a shit ton of units left, and on G4 they could move more onto the UK while they make a large sweeping attack on Russia.  Germany can choose to land its planes on the UK and easily defend it on US4, and at his point the allies are so far behind the axis that they need every bit of luck to win.

• '10

@fanofbond:

Now during all that time Germany as been beating on Russia with Italian help and the Italians have taken all of Africa.  Now the Italians are moving on to India if Japan hasn’t sacked them yet.  Game over.  Russia can’t hold out against all the Germans in the north and the Italians and Japanese in the south.  So all the victory cities will be taken on the Europe board before the US and a liberated UK can even get Egypt back.

Now at this point Germany has taken the UK with a sh*t ton of units left, and on G4 they could move more onto the UK while they make a large sweeping attack on Russia.  Germany can

If UK does Taranto, then all your plans for Italy go thru the window…Italy will be lucky if they can just hold Egypt on I5.
    Also, whenever Germany goes Sealion, you can completely forget about a “large sweeping attack on Russia on G4” against a competent player. Will be the oposite : Russia is going to rake in the IPC for 1 or 2 rounds before Germany can push them back.

• @Violent.copper:

sz 110 max defender 1 cruiser 1 bb 2  fighters
    send
    germ 2bombers and 1 tac(landing on the sz 112 AC)
    west germ 1 fighter 1 tac
    95%

The Allies can defend with a max of 3 scrambled fighters, not just 2.  That French fighter in London can scramble as well.  And remember that any casualties caused by the allied air must come out of German air, the subs can not be used as fodder vs. air.  This will not matter if the cruiser and BB get two hits before they die, but it is a factor to consider.  Germany will still win, but it will be a little more costly.  I’ll leave it to better minds than mine to calculate if it is better in the long term for the allies to scramble or hold the fighters in reserve for defense during the sealion invasion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m