UK Gov't in exile Discussion - Delta 1

• @Vance:

@special:

I feel that Canada’s IPC should remain 7 (or less) no matter what they conquer.

me too.  except maybe they can take Brazil and get $9, plus those infantry!

I don’t have a problem with that. Chances are that Brasil will get activated by USA anyway

• @Cmdr:

No, I want an Airbase in Nova Scotia, I want a fighter in Ontario (specifically so it is close enough to reinforce England, but far enough it can’t do anything in round 1.)

UK can reinforce London by scrambling to defend the transport in z109 G1, moving the transport to z106, and then shipping back 1 inf and 1 armor UK2.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Vance:

@Cmdr:

No, I want an Airbase in Nova Scotia, I want a fighter in Ontario (specifically so it is close enough to reinforce England, but far enough it can’t do anything in round 1.)

UK can reinforce London by scrambling to defend the transport in z109 G1, moving the transport to z106, and then shipping back 1 inf and 1 armor UK2.

Not in my world!

I take out SZ 109 and SZ 106 on Germany 1.  I risk a lot of planes to do it, but England risks more planes if they attack mine.

• @special:

@Vance:

@special:

I feel that Canada’s IPC should remain 7 (or less) no matter what they conquer.

me too.  except maybe they can take Brazil and get $9, plus those infantry!

I don’t have a problem with that. Chances are that Brasil will get activated by USA anyway

If UK in exile has the option to take Brazil’s infantry, then is there any need to give them extra infantry by a die roll or whatever?

• @Cmdr:

@Vance:

@Cmdr:

Not in my world!

I take out SZ 109 and SZ 106 on Germany 1.  I risk a lot of planes to do it, but England risks more planes if they attack mine.

Right, so to prevent UK getting that inf and tank, as Germany you would use your planes in z109 instead of against capitol ships or in France.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Vance:

@Cmdr:

@Vance:

@Cmdr:

Not in my world!

Right, so to prevent UK getting that inf and tank, as Germany you would use your planes in z109 instead of against capitol ships or in France.

I don’t use planes in France anyway.  No need.

I hit SZ 106, 109, 111 and 112 on Germany 1.  You may keep your annoying little HMS Hood and her younger sibling the cruiser.  I spit, in your general, direction, Royal Navy!

Anyway, the idea is to stop reinforcements from getting to England by any means necessary.  Secondary objective is to destroy all destroyers to prevent my submarines from being attacked (and thus assure convoy damage!)  Lastly and of least consequence is France. If I fail in France oh well, Italy will get it.  But the odds of failing in France are so minute, it’s not really a concern for me.

• OK so if I get this straight, you would have an extra airbase in Nova Scotia, and an extra fighter in Ontario so it can’t scramble to defend the destroyer and transport in z106 on G1.  The idea for the fighter is that it will move to the airbase on UK1 and then on to UK on UK2 in time to defend against sealion G3.  So why not just add the extra fighter to UK?  Why bother putting it in Canada at all if if doesn’t defend z106 G1?

• @Vance:

OK so if I get this straight, you would have an extra airbase in Nova Scotia, and an extra fighter in Ontario so it can’t scramble to defend the destroyer and transport in z106 on G1.  The idea for the fighter is that it will move to the airbase on UK1 and then on to UK on UK2 in time to defend against sealion G3.  So why not just add the extra fighter to UK?  Why bother putting it in Canada at all if if doesn’t defend z106 G1?

Because that way UK can’t use that fighter in attacks in turn 1 (and 2)

• By the way, if that fighter should be able to reach UK in turn 1 but not be able to scramble at SZ106, Iceland would be a neat place to put it  ;)

• OK it sounds like we are getting close to some kind of consensus.  Grasshopper has wisely suggested that we try to keep any setup changes to a minimum, so here are the two options I think are most supported at this point:

OPTION 1: add 1 naval base to Nova Scotia.

OPTION 2: add 1 naval base to Nova Scotia, and 1 fighter to Ontario.

Any others?  We could have a vote on this at some point.

• Gov’t in exile has been voted in and I would like to post a new poll with the 4 options at the beginning of this thread, plus any other versions you would like added.  I would like to have that poll up by Monday.

So setting aside the possible setup changes, does anyone have anything they would like added or removed from the Gov’t in Exile rules?

• i think we should add the canadian infantryman unit to canada XD !

• @Vance:

Gov’t in exile has been voted in and I would like to post a new poll with the 4 options at the beginning of this thread, plus any other versions you would like added.  I would like to have that poll up by Monday.

So setting aside the possible setup changes, does anyone have anything they would like added or removed from the Gov’t in Exile rules?

Good plan, and that gives the weekend for those who frequent the site time to chime in.

Personally right now I vote for Option 1.

Also I am still muddled on conquest and such.  Canada is still technically an ally, and so therefore would be able to ‘capture’ any pro-allies neutrals anyhow.  The real question rather is can canada collect ipcs for these territories.  I could see admittance of American territories as going to Canada but on the other hand I feel that this is a ‘technicality’ rule and not really what we are looking for.  Perhaps having ‘Canada’ fight on after the fall of London as is might be the best option.  No special rules other than the ‘exile gov’ rule.  So I am voting that Canada cannot collect additional ipcs outside of Canada until London is liberated.

Basically we are giving the UK player something to do while waiting for his capital to be liberated by his big brother USA.  At least now they can purchase a few units or save money for a trn or 2.

• Yes I can see your point Jimmyhat.  Depending on waht happens with the Neutral Blocks rule, Canada could potentially mop up the South American Neutral Block.  I am going to post 4 new versions that are just like the first 4 that I posted earlier, but in these versions the government in exile can only collect income for Canadian territories.  They could take Brazil to get the infantry (or any other territory for that matter), but UK Europe would not get the income for Brazil etc until London is liberated.

• UK Europe government in exile - Version 5 (original, Canada only)

If London is captured by an axis power, the capitol of UK Europe moves to Ottawa, Canada.  When an axis power captures London it collects the UK Europe IPCs minus the sum of the value of all Canadian territories.  The remaining IPCs continue to be held by UK Europe and may be used on the next turn as usual.  As long as London is occupied, the UK government in exile will collect income for Canadian territories.  The government in exile will mobilize units only in Canadian industrial complexes.  Because trade with Great Britain ceases while London is occupied by the axis, sea zone 106 ceases to be a convoy raid zone until London is liberated.  At the Collect Income phase of the UK Europe turn following the liberation of London, the government of UK Europe returns to London and income is collected for all UK controlled territories on the Europe map.

• UK Europe government in exile - version 6 (Germany takes all IPCs, Canada only).

If London is captured by an axis power, the capitol of UK Europe moves to Ottawa, Canada.  When an axis power captures London it collects all of the UK Europe IPCs.  On its next turn, and as long as London is occupied, the UK government in exile will collect income for Canadian territories.  The government in exile will mobilize units only in Canadian industrial complexes.  Because trade with Great Britain ceases while London is occupied by the axis, sea zone 106 ceases to be a convoy raid zone until London is liberated.  At the Collect Income phase of the UK Europe turn following the liberation of London, the government of UK Europe returns to London and income is collected for all UK controlled territories on the Europe map.

• UK Europe government in exile - version 7 (z106 stays a convoy zone, Canada only).

If London is captured by an axis power, the capitol of UK Europe moves to Ottawa, Canada.  When an axis power captures London it collects the UK Europe IPCs minus the sum of the value of all Canadian territories.  The remaining IPCs continue to be held by UK Europe and may be used on the next turn as usual.  As long as London is occupied, the UK government in exile will collect income for Canadian territories.  The government in exile will mobilize units only in Canadian industrial complexes.  At the Collect Income phase of the UK Europe turn following the liberation of London, the government of UK Europe returns to London and income is collected for all UK controlled territories on the Europe map.

• UK Europe government in exile - version 8 (Germany takes all IPCs, z106 stays a convoy zone, Canada only).

If London is captured by an axis power, the capitol of UK Europe moves to Ottawa, Canada.  When an axis power captures London it collects all of the UK Europe IPCs.  On its next turn, and as long as London is occupied, the UK government in exile will collect income for Canadian territories.  The government in exile will mobilize units only in Canadian industrial complexes.  At the Collect Income phase of the UK Europe turn following the liberation of London, the government of UK Europe returns to London and income is collected for all UK controlled territories on the Europe map.

• So far, my vote goes to version 6.

• In the spirit of minimizing setup changes, how would you all feel if the following sentence is added to the gov’t in exile rule:

Once London falls and the government in exile relocates to Canada, a new airbase is immediately mobilized in Nova Scotia, at 0 IPC cost to UK Europe.

This way, there is no airbase unless London falls.  No sea lion = no airbase, no setup changes required.

I would like to see this sentence added, plus that part about z106 ceasing to be a convoy raid zone while London is axis controlled.

Opinions?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m