• Me and my friends are playing acording to the OOB rules (played aproximatly 10 global games). Im thinking of introducing them and myself to the Alpha-rules.
    Do you think we should learn Alpha 1 first and then move on to Alpha 2 and so forth, or do we go for the Alpha 3 straight away?
    My guess is that going from OOB to A1 is easier then OOB to A3.

• I’d just go straight to A3.  Most of the changes are setup changes so it’s not difficult to adjust to them, and A3 seems to be the most balanced.  Really, I don’t see why going from OOB to A3 would be any harder than going from OOB to A1 or A2.

• i think it is probably best if you go to Alpha 3 right away (i did), it will probably be the least confusing in rule changes.

• Alpha 3 it is then.
    I got confused when reading bits and pieces from the A3 rules refering to A2. Guess ill figure it out when i read the hole thing.
    Thanks.

• @Wirre:

Me and my friends are playing acording to the OOB rules (played aproximatly 10 global games). Im thinking of introducing them and myself to the Alpha-rules.
    Do you think we should learn Alpha 1 first and then move on to Alpha 2 and so forth, or do we go for the Alpha 3 straight away?

don’t play any of them yet. Come back in a few weeks and get the finished version, then you won’t have any annoying updates

• @The:

@Wirre:

Me and my friends are playing acording to the OOB rules (played aproximatly 10 global games). Im thinking of introducing them and myself to the Alpha-rules.

don’t play any of them yet. Come back in a few weeks and get the finished version, then you won’t have any annoying updates

Few weeks?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Since Alpha 3 seems to be undergoing radical shifts from day to day, you might be best staying with Alpha 2 and updating your friends with what is happening to Alpha 3 until such time as Larry says “hands and pencils down” with a final Alpha 3 draft.

• Sponsor

Even if he is finished making changes, it will be many months after that before we see any kind of publication we can download.

• Thanks all for your thoughts.
    Played a game of Alpha2. And i have to say, its quite confusing trying to implement new rules without a complete rulebook.
    Mostly because we are not 100% certain of the OOB-rules.
    Do you guys know if there is going to be a complete rulebook to download when the Alpha3 is done?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I am not sure if Larry is planning to publish a copy of the rules online, I think he’s leaning towards if you have a copy of the game, you should have a set of the basic rules and would only need the online rules to make changes.

Our in house forum will have an official copy of the rules in PDF format, but only for any permanent changes, not for the rulebook that comes with the game itself.  It’s a copyright thing.

• This weekend its going to be 2 global set ups, one ALPHA+2 and one ALPHA+3 which board would you step up to.  Its going to be one on one…… there will be an anniversary board set up also for the players who are not playing an Axis on a global board and may have to wait around a bit

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m