• '10

@Cmdr:

eh, 106, whatever…new map.  That funny SZ off the cost of Quebec

And, for the record, you could scramble the French and British fighters to protect the SZ 109 destroyer from the submarine, but they could not shoot at the submarine

Uh ? Why is that ? There is a destroyer in SZ109, so the planes could shoot at the sub if they scramble… No ?

• @Axisplaya:

@Cmdr:

eh, 106, whatever…new map.  That funny SZ off the cost of Quebec

And, for the record, you could scramble the French and British fighters to protect the SZ 109 destroyer from the submarine, but they could not shoot at the submarine

Uh ? Why is that ? There is a destroyer in SZ109, so the planes could shoot at the sub if they scramble… No ?

Yes, due to the presence of a DD, the scrambled planes CAN hit the sub.  Destroyers cancel all sub abilities, and allow planes to hit them.  Such as it has been since AA50.  Prior to that, planes COULD hit subs, even without DDs present.  Now, subs can never be selected as a casualty to a plane hit, even if you desperately WANTED to use a sub as fodder, unless an enemy dd is present.  There have been amusing battles where people have used subs as fodder, only to be attacked by ONLY planes, and losing the entire surface fleet as their fodder units were required to be ignored.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Eh, wasn’t thinking…rather moot issue since I hit the destroyer off the coast of Canada and not off the coast of Wales, England - no?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’ve never fallen to this, nor seen anyone fall to this myself.  Not saying it does not happen, but EM, Bo, Funct, A44, etc that I normally play on a back to back basis have never given me this gift nor have I given it either.  Of course, we do seem to litter the ocean floor with hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of Destroyers…the occasional cruiser.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

the occasional cruiser

Yea the ones you start with, because I doubt you’ll be building others.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m