New Global Roundels and More - Which will you buy?

• @coachofmany:

If there is enough interest.
    What about supply tokens?

I bet there would be some interest, that’s one of many things the new games don’t have that the hardcore players like.

Regarding supply tokens: what are they used for?

• Customizer

I wouldn’t mind having research tokens. I currently use my AA50 for global. Tech is better when research tokens were allowed IMHO.

• Customizer

Here’s my vote:
    Commonwealth – It would be cool to see roundels for nations of the British Empire.  I noticed ANZAC was included in this one.  Will it be the same as in Pacific 1940?
    Axis Minors
    Allied Minors
    NATO/Warsaw Pact – A great way to expand Axis & Allies into the Cold War era.
    Neutrals – Love to see the neutral countries roundels.
    Italy (Facist) – Would this be that Roman symbol that is on their aircraft wings?
    Vichy France/Free French – these might be a cool way to expand France’s involvement in the game past Round 1.

As for the Italian roundels, I really prefer the OOB roundels with the green border.  I know that it has been stated that is actually an Iranian roundel and the “correct” roundel for Italy has a red border.  They used that one on some of the A&A miniature stat cards, either Task Force or Flank Speed.  I just don’t care for them.  I like the roundel with the green border better.  Plus, if you use the red bordered roundels, they will look too much like the French OOB roundels.

• Customizer

@Slacker:

@coachofmany:

If there is enough interest.
    What about supply tokens?

I bet there would be some interest, that’s one of many things the new games don’t have that the hardcore players like.

Regarding supply tokens: what are they used for?

Supply tokens are used in the smaller level games Guadalcanal and Battle of the Bulge.  In those games, you have to use supply tokens to move your troops and attack.

• @knp7765:

As for the Italian roundels, I really prefer the OOB roundels with the green border.  I know that it has been stated that is actually an Iranian roundel and the “correct” roundel for Italy has a red border.  They used that one on some of the A&A miniature stat cards, either Task Force or Flank Speed.  I just don’t care for them.  I like the roundel with the green border better.  Plus, if you use the red bordered roundels, they will look too much like the French OOB roundels.

I believe the correct roundels for Fascist Italy circa 1939-1943 is the following…

This roundel would not be mistaken for any other country in the box.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Yes, i am using that Italian Facist Roundel, there will be a set of 20.

I guess I should of added WW1 Roundels too.
    Anybody have some pics of which ones are needed?

• Here is the link for EVERY roundel.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Roundel

• Wow!! Great site:

you need:

tech token from AA50
    airbases from guadacanal or airbase piece
    naval base piece
    flight marker roundrel (mentioned already)
    neutral soldier piece

all of these would be in high demand for Global 1940

Get them- I’ll buy :-)

• I’d be interested in:

-Minor axis (Finland, Romania, Manchukuo)
    -Minor allies (Netherlands)
    -British empire (mainly Canada, S Africa, India)
    -Spain (republican/Francoist)
    -Axis Italy (fasces)
    -Vichy France/Free French (Croix de Lorraine)
    -flight (range) markers
    -tech tokens
    -improved shipyard/airbase markers

Neutral Roundels for Global.
    The sheets will be of 20 roundels so:

I will need 2 sheets to caover the Neutrals, I can make a roundel for each standing army neutral country and some pro axis and pro allies roundels.

6 Mongolia, 1 chili, 1 Argentina, 1 Brazil, 1 Portugal, 1 spain, 1 switzerland, 1 mozambique, 1 angola, 1 saudi arabia, 3 persia, 1 afgaistan, 1 greece, 1 yugoslavia,
    1 bulgaria, 1 sweden, 1 finland, 1 turkey, 1 crete, 1 iraq, 5 pro allies, 4 pro axis = 36

Is this correct?

Any ideas for a Warsaw Roundel? Nato is pretty easy.

• No flag existed for the Warsaw Pact. Your best bet may be to use the COMECON flag

• Wait… hold on a second…

You would make alot more money if you did this:

Make basic roundels for WW1: Germany, Austrian Hungary, Ottoman, Italy, Imperial Russia, UK , France , USA, Bulgaria, Serbia, Spain, Belgium

Make Roundels for Civil War: Confederate and Union, plus a few for Mexico

Make Napoleonic Roundels: use 1805 as a reference.

Now you will generate alot more sales from normal wargamers who don’t have anything for this.

The WW2 ones your making are way overboard. You only need like top 12 at most for these. Only 3 people will actually use some of these proposed roundels: You, Flashman, and probably another sheet that you buy.

• I would love to see not only roundels for WWI, but also plastic units too, if you could find them.

• @tacarlyle:

I would love to see not only roundels for WWI, but also plastic units too, if you could find them.

He sells AA pieces individually at his site.

I agree IL, there are always the want list and I cannot do them all.
    I do Plan to expand roundels to other areas especially WW1, civil war and Napoleonic would be nice. You always have good ideas IL and I always appreciate your input.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

Neutral Roundels for Global.
    The sheets will be of 20 roundels so:

I will need 2 sheets to caover the Neutrals, I can make a roundel for each standing army neutral country and some pro axis and pro allies roundels.

6 Mongolia, 1 chili, 1 Argentina, 1 Brazil, 1 Portugal, 1 spain, 1 switzerland, 1 mozambique, 1 angola, 1 saudi arabia, 3 persia, 1 afgaistan, 1 greece, 1 yugoslavia,
    1 bulgaria, 1 sweden, 1 finland, 1 turkey, 1 crete, 1 iraq, 5 pro allies, 4 pro axis = 36

Is this correct?

Don’t forget that in WWII Angola, Mozambique, and Portuguese Guinea were all part of Portugal’s empire. That means that Portugal needs 4 roundels.

Rio De Oro was part of Spain’s empire so Spain needs 2 roundels.

I also don’t understand why you wouldn’t make roundels for countries with no standing armies if you were going to make the rest of the nations. Seems a bit incomplete to me.

I personally think it makes the most sense to have 2 neutral sets. One set would have nation specific roundels for each neutral no matter how small. The other could have roundels for only Pro Allied, Pro Axis, and Strict Neutral.

Just my two cents.

• The only new roundel we need is the Union Jack, since I am getting pretty tired of mixing UK Europe income with UK Pacific income, man.

• coachofmany,

need some more OOB Italy Roundels  :|

@Dark_Destroyer:

coachofmany,

need some more OOB Italy Roundels   :|

I will have some, as well as corrected and facist Italian roundels.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m