Can a captured power capture another power's capital and receive the IPCs

• UK takes Italy’s money but can’t do anything with it until London is liberated

• Thanx……calvinhobbesliker…and quick too…

• It also doesn’t matter what turn it is either. UK could fall G3, and capture Italy UK5 and they would still capture the Italian IPCs.

They just can’t use them until the UK has their capital back.

• So if Germany takes Moskou, and the same turn UK would take Berlin, they would be set for life  :lol:

i was wondering if such situations (like this or like GrayBlaze described) actually have happened in people’s games.

• @special:

So if Germany takes Moskou, and the same turn UK would take Berlin, they would be set for life  :lol:

i was wondering if such situations (like this or like GrayBlaze described) actually have happened in people’s games.

Well, not in Global, but it did once happen in a revised game I played that Germany captured Moscow and then the UK captured Berlin.

Theoretically this could go much further of course, with a Japanse transport sneaking past and landing troops to capture London and then Tokyo is taken by the Americans :wink:

• Hey Calvin or anyone who might know.  Where is it written about powers with captured capitals capturing another players capital?  I kinda’ remember this from long ago but wasn’t sure, I just wanted to see if I remembered correctly.  I’ve looked everywhere for it and can’t find a thing.  Thanx……

• @GrayBlaZe:

Hey Calvin or anyone who might know.  Where is it written about powers with captured capitals capturing another players capital?  I kinda’ remember this from long ago but wasn’t sure, I just wanted to see if I remembered correctly.  I’ve looked everywhere for it and can’t find a thing.  Thanx……

I’m not sure if it’s written about, but is logically follows: taking another country’s income occurs during the combat move, which is not skipped

• You can’t collect income while your capital is in enemy hands.  So would the Italian money go right to the bank?

• @Daedelus:

You can’t collect income while your capital is in enemy hands.  So would the Italian money go right to the bank?

No. You take it but can’t buy anything with it

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Daedelus:

You can’t collect income while your capital is in enemy hands.  So would the Italian money go right to the bank?

No. You take it but can’t buy anything with it

Mmm, no, i think Daedalus is right here. You don’t receive any money (but the IPC score remains), only after your capital is liberated you receive money at the end of your turn.

(which can be nasty if you lose it again)

• Incorrect, Special Forces.

In the case of UK having it’s capital seized by Germany, they surrender all IPCS.

Then, if the UK captures Italy, they capture all of Italy’s IPCS - but they can’t use them until London is liberated.

Basically, the IPCS are held by the UK, but cannot be used until the turn AFTER they recapture their capital.

• @reloader-1:

Incorrect, Special Forces.

In the case of UK having it’s capital seized by Germany, they surrender all IPCS.

Then, if the UK captures Italy, they capture all of Italy’s IPCS - but they can’t use them until London is liberated.

Basically, the IPCS are held by the UK, but cannot be used until the turn AFTER they recapture their capital.

Oops, i lost track of the previous issues…  so yes they receive the money they loot. (but they don’t get an income from their own territories, of course)

Sorry, that 'll teach me to write before i am awake!

• So… in the case that UK takes Rome, while London is held by the Germans, the money from Rome would not go to Calcutta, because its on the Europe side of the board ?

• Customizer

Correct.  The UK Europe and UK Pacific economies have to be kept seperate so events in Europe do not affect the UK Pacific and visa versa.  At least not financially.

• @djarnen:

So… in the case that UK takes Rome, while London is held by the Germans, the money from Rome would not go to Calcutta, because its on the Europe side of the board ?

Then let ANZAC take Rome, they know how to use that money, man.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m