• I was wondering if ANZAC could claim Brazil?  Larry is thinking (or so I’ve heard) about putting a minor IC on New Zealand.  SO a possible first turn buy for ANZAC would be a transport in New Zealand, bring the exsiting transport plus one infantry and on ANZAC2 go claim Brazil for the extra cash and INF.

• Yes, Brazil is pro-allied,so any allied nation at war with someone can claim it(except if Russia is only at war with Japan and somehow gets a transport to Brazil in 4 turns, but that situation never arises).

• does that mean he is reversing the decision to not allow factories on island territory.  Can you say where in his thread he makes this statement?

• @leddux:

does that mean he is reversing the decision to not allow factories on island territory.  Can you say where in his thread he makes this statement?

It’s buried in a 50-page thread on Harris Game Design.

FYI, it does not change the rules at all sine no one can BUILD an IC in New Zealand.

• I would think that the ANZAC economy would need to be increased to warrant another IC because I usually have trouble spending all my money with 1. Although I guess they would be able to build more land units. But one would question why they would need them as the ANZACs would spend most of their money on their navy so they can help the americans attack the Japanese fleet

• No, Larry is considering having an IC there at the starting setup

• Can france claim brazil while paris is under axis control?
    To get more Infantry, and land at Normandy after the other allies
    (using american transports to get to and fro)

Its not hard to imagine getting 4 French INF to england late game and landing them in normandy and adding them to the stack that spawns when france is liberated……strange

• @oztea:

Can france claim brazil while paris is under axis control?
    To get more Infantry, and land at Normandy after the other allies
    (using american transports to get to and fro)

Its not hard to imagine getting 4 French INF to england late game and landing them in normandy and adding them to the stack that spawns when france is liberated……strange

Yes, they can do so

• @calvinhobbesliker:

No, Larry is considering having an IC there at the starting setup

Was that at me or leddux?

• You

• What I was meaning was that if NZ had the IC to start with ANZAC would need a bigger economy to support it. I understood that it was at the start of the game

• @The:

What I was meaning was that if NZ had the IC to start with ANZAC would need a bigger economy to support it. I understood that it was at the start of the game

Why? No one is going to attack it anytime soon.

• Because there wouldn’t be a need for it unless they build land units (which they won’t because they have to use their navy to impact the game) until later in the game where they may have a increased economy

• @The:

Because there wouldn’t be a need for it unless they build land units (which they won’t because they have to use their navy to impact the game) until later in the game where they may have a increased economy

No, as the OP has suggested, transports can be built there which can reach Brazil.

• You guys are looking at it wrong. Who cares if they need it? The fact is, they had it. Anzac? Australia New Zealand? Units came from both islands. And the restricting ic’s to not be built on ic’s is bogus anyways. No majors definitely. But minors should be allowed.

• Mmmm, industrial complex in New Zealand is tasty for the Japanese. Mmmmm.

Really Anzac could use it occasionally. Sometimes I want to build four inf and a fighter.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m