• @Stoney229:

@Funcioneta:

However, errors regarding to the name of territories and so, those need coding and, worst, need redo the setup from zero (because of how AABattlemap works). I’d like doing all at the same time

You do not need to redo the setup after changing the names of the territories.  You can cahnge the names of the territories very easily using “Sektor Editor”, tho at some point after making a lot of changes in sector editor you may want to create a new SektorInfo.txt for the sake of consistency.

I tried doing so, but it crashed … maybe I did something bad?

• Very handy…Thanks

• Thanks Stoney.  That install file actually did fix a couple of big glitches with ABattlemap that I’ve had to deal with in the past.  Unfortunately, it still crashes when I try to open Funcioneta’s map.  :cry:

• another small one I noticed: ANZAC NO Marker in Nte should only give 3 IPC for ANZAC & Malaya instead of 5

before I forget: thanks for the map, great tool to work out some ideas… :-D

• @plumsmugler:

Thanks Stoney.  That install file actually did fix a couple of big glitches with ABattlemap that I’ve had to deal with in the past.  Unfortunately, it still crashes when I try to open Funcioneta’s map.   :cry:

It works great on mine… are you sure you’re installing the module correctly?  Delete what you have. download the .zip again, extract it, and the move the “F40.gim” folder to your abattlemap directory with all the other .gim folders.

@Funcioneta:

@Stoney229:

@Funcioneta:

However, errors regarding to the name of territories and so, those need coding and, worst, need redo the setup from zero (because of how AABattlemap works). I’d like doing all at the same time

You do not need to redo the setup after changing the names of the territories.  You can cahnge the names of the territories very easily using “Sektor Editor”, tho at some point after making a lot of changes in sector editor you may want to create a new SektorInfo.txt for the sake of consistency.

I tried doing so, but it crashed … maybe I did something bad?

I don’t know what to tell you here… changing names of sectors using sector edittor and doing nothing else should not cause problems as far as I know - either you’re doing something else or there’s something I’m unaware of in the program.

• Func, thank you again for getting this ready Monday.

Another NO that isn’t worded correctly - the Russian 6 IPC NO’s.  You don’t get them for “no Axis in USSR”, there must be no USSR original territories controlled by the Axis.

UK NO - All original territories controlled (not just ANZAC and Canada)
    ANZAC NO - 3 IPC’s, not 5
    Germany Egypt NO - 3 IPC’s, not 5
    UK NO - No German subs on board (not no subs in Atlantic)
    USSR at war NO - Z125 (not 127), must control Archangel (not listed)
    Italy NO - No enemy SURFACE warships in Med

Also, I still think all the territory names should match the gameboard.  For one thing, to Americans it’s important to call Normandy, Normandy and not West France.  Also “East Germany” is a post-war name for after Germany was split between Soviets and the West, so seems silly in a WWII game.

Thanks again.

• @gamerman01:

Also “East Germany” is a post-war name for after Germany was split between Soviets and the West, so seems silly in a WWII game.

East of Germany was East of Germany even before cold war (like you could have a ‘South USA’ territory even if the old South was not a country in WWII). I prefer naming it so, because plain ‘Germany’ can be confusing and Prussia doesn’t fit (it lacks Eastern Prussia). You would have a point if I would named them ‘DDR’ and ‘FDR’  :-) Be glad that I let ‘South France’ instead of changing to ‘Vichy’ (it was tempting)

Thanks by the list of errors anyway. I have the real game now, so I guess that I’ll fix the errors soon

• Well, if I could figure out how to change names with the sector editor, I wouldn’t bother you with these names!  I’d just change them to match the boardgame.

Do you have to go in and edit a file or something?  I don’t know how to use File -> Sector editor to change names or anything.

• Not, that would mean that modules are not compatible

What stubborn!  :lol: OK, I’ll do a thing … I’ll include both the original name and a simpler name for all the territories, OK?

• @Funcioneta:

Not, that would mean that modules are not compatible

What stubborn!  :lol: OK, I’ll do a thing … I’ll include both the original name and a simpler name for all the territories, OK?

Yeahhhh!!!  That would work.

• @gamerman01:

Well, if I could figure out how to change names with the sector editor, I wouldn’t bother you with these names!  I’d just change them to match the boardgame.

Do you have to go in and edit a file or something?  I don’t know how to use File -> Sector editor to change names or anything.

Try referring to my tutorial, and let me know if it is unclear on anything.  Basically, you open Sektor Edittor, click the territory/sz you want to edit, edit the fields accordingly, and then click “Save” and then “Save SektorInfo.sek”.  Then you can close or click another sector to edit.

• OK, fix done. Lots of errors solved. Check if some errors remain

The good news are that the fix is compatible with old savegames. Also, now you don’t have to create a new folder if you don’t have it: simply unzip to AABattlemap folder (because mi zip file includes F40.gim folder as well, and inside there are the files)

Seems that I was wrong: errors related to names and values of territories can be easily solved without having to do start.aam , so if some error is still undiscovered, it has easy fix

• Oh, I forgot, convoy raids still don’t work (maybe Stoney could teach me that)

New link to the dowload is this

http://www.mediafire.com/?cy1c0v33tbm91x3

• thanks for the fixes func.

• @Funcioneta:

Oh, I forgot, convoy raids still don’t work (maybe Stoney could teach me that)

If you want to know, try my tutorial.  If you need help beyond that, you can ask me whatever isn’t clear - that way I know if I need to clarify anything in the tutorial.

• Following the link says the file has been deleted and cannot be downloaded anymore… :|

• @SAS:

Following the link says the file has been deleted and cannot be downloaded anymore… :|

Here:
    @Funcioneta:

Oh, I forgot, convoy raids still don’t work (maybe Stoney could teach me that)

Func - you should edit your first post on this thread to reflect the new download link.  Thanks!

• @Stoney229:

Func - you should edit your first post on this thread to reflect the new download link.  Thanks!

Good point. Done

• Is there another download site the module can be found?  For some reason I can’t access mediafire.

• That’s odd … try with other PC. If you continue having the problem, I’ll send you the module by e-mail

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m