• I’m pretty sure the Iran territory you have marked grey and blank has an infantry spawn symbol on it, marking it as a neutral.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

German starting territory looks dismally small in comparison to other A&A games… they are going to have to have a crap-load of starting units shoved into a very small area. I bet it will look quite impresseive.

• Customizer

Just posted an updated map on the first thread entry. Thanks for all the help in updating the map.

• OK am I the only one who doesn’t see a map in this thread?

• Britain should be divided in two, according to Larry.

I’m betting Rio de Oro is the bottommost West African neutral

• wow looks great are you goingto put there seazons

@allboxcars:

OK am I the only one who doesn’t see a map in this thread?

Probably… did you try waiting a couple seconds for it to come up? It does not appear instantaneously.

• @Frontovik:

i’m quite sure i saw a russian territory called vy_borg_…

We are the borg. Resistance is futile!  :lol:

But seriously, it’s very possible that Vyborg is included, because it was so in old AAE41. It was the territory that soviets stolen to Finland in Winter War

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I’m betting Rio de Oro is the bottommost West African neutral

So Spain has 3 territories finally? … great  :roll: I see 2 neutral territories bordering western side of Sahara. Northern one could be Ifni and southern one could be Spanish Sahara. I’d prefer 2 Spanish european territories but this is better than nothing. I also see Liberia, by the way

@Funcioneta:

@Frontovik:

i’m quite sure i saw a russian territory called vy_borg_…

We are the borg. Resistance is futile!  :lol:

But seriously, it’s very possible that Vyborg is included, because it was so in old AAE41. It was the territory that soviets stolen to Finland in Winter War

Ah Ha! Star Trek… I love it!

Yes I do remember the Vyborg territory… it was quite small though, was it not?

• Well, now all we need is some of that fancy image fixing programming they have in the movies and on tv.

“Enhance…”

typing

“Enhance…”

typing

“Oh, now I see that tiny poison dart they shot into the neck of that guy way back there in the corner of the picture in the shadows.” :mrgreen:  If only we could do that here…

@calvinhobbesliker:

Britain should be divided in two, according to Larry.

Didn’t he say Italy was also going to be two territories?  Northern and Southern Italy?

• Is it possible to somehow remove all the units and replace them with map?

• If we had super computer graphics programs…  :wink:  Honestly the second image Bob posted is pretty much that, or at least as close as we’ll probably get.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Does Russia really have that many territories?

@Canuck12:

Does Russia really have that many territories?

Yes it do! … and happy we all are about it! We have ascertained something around 30 Soviet territories including the Pacific 40 Map… correct?.. anyone… anyone?

• According to the 2nd map, there are 22 russian tt in Europe, so 31 in total

• UK and Italy should be two territories
    I assume Morocco is also present

• Customizer

Upon further scrutiny I see now that both Britain and Italy are divided into two territories. I am also 75% sure that morocco is present, unfortunately a green USA infantry may be obstructing the view somewhat. Anyhow i’ll update the map and post a new version later.

thanks again for all the help in finding all those tiny details.

• So it appears Switzerland has an infantry spawn symbol, so it will be possible to invade Switzerland? :-o  It does not appear to have an IPC symbol though, so unless it’s worth it to open up a direct border between Germany and Northern Italy, there isn’t much point in invading it, huh?

Doesn’t it seem kind of easy to take neutral countries and drink up their IPCs all game long. If this is supposed to be somewhat like the real war, I think that having them as impassable or non-enterable was a better idea than this new ‘infantry spawn’ method. Historically, that is. In Europe/Global 40, I forsee that any and all IPC producing countries will be invaded and taken advantage of by whoever can get them. Not that I am against this, because it is fine by me, but there must have been reasons Hitler did not invade Switzerland, or Spain (or use Spain, if they were neutral pro-axis). I just think the game, as it pertains to neutral territories, will not turn out like the real war did. Anything that can be invaded, will be invaded. I don’t know if this is what the designers intended or not.

A question: Say, for example, Germany were to take Spain or Switzerland, and say they gain IPCs every turn for them. What happens if the Allies “liberate” these territories? Do they revert to neutrality? Do the Allies take control of them and get the per-turn income?

Maybe we can only theorize about the answer right now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m