• IL, is the AA50 1939 map you made under the other maps the final corrected version?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@skinny1:

IL, is the AA50 1939 map you made under the other maps the final corrected version?

No, he mentioned these are separate projects. You won’t see the G40 map until after E40 is released. He does this on purpose.

• My new 1939 map is something totally new. I used the AA50 base, and added historical IPC values, and territories. ( based on Mark Harrison and old published maps of the period)

Now it has 11 players and 4 minor axis allies in addition to neutrals. People from Canada, France, even Brazil will be happy because they are represented.

The territories are not based on any AA product, but on old maps published in 1939-42 that i physically look at and make decisions from.

This will be what i feel is what AA should be in terms of victory conditions that allow for individual objectives by nation.

The rules and values will be based on AA50/AAG40 so its easy to play and no learning curve needed.

Tech and some special rules for lend lease will be different from those products.

Fortifications and Self Propelled Artillery will be the only ‘new’ standard units, unless you get heavy tanks via research.

• This will be what i feel is what AA should be in terms of victory conditions that allow for individual objectives by nation.

Now this I like. So the Axis and the Allies will all be “racing” each other to victory? If so, it’ll be awesome - even if one “side” has won, which “corners” have one is still up in the air :mrgreen:

• I do this only for games i make for profit. These new projects are never to be sold and made for community benefit only.

PM any further questions.

• Oh Great and Mighty Imperious Leader,

Can we still expect your AAG40 map in the (very) near future?  I check the forums waaay too often hoping for just such an event.

Waiting with dice in hand,

-Chris

• Well it takes time. A few more months then something.

• Where are the rules and setup for your 1939 map IL?

• @IL: okay.  And thanks for keeping the project going.

-Chris

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18439.0

New changes:

Slovakia is a major factory. The map will soon include a new area “Bavaria” or “Rhur” which will be a new area with this new major factory. Many play tests conclude that Germany cant build enough units and also having a second factory in the south will place it most likely out of range of allied bombers from UK. This is historical and not until latter in the war were the allies able to hit targets further south in Germany.

Also Japan gets a bomber in Japan.

Also the fortifications may get a face-lift as follows:

Fortifications have a base cost of 3-4 IPC, PLUS 2 IPC for each adjacent territory that is next to it.

So this means that islands just cost 3-4 IPC, Moscow on the other hand is adjacent to like 6 areas, so the cost of it will be 15-16.

Also sea invasions don’t get preemptive hits from defenders. we cut that out. its just +1 inf and art.

These games are very balanced… almost shockingly balanced and full if options.

• Thanks IL. This looks great!

• Oh Powerful Imperious Leader,

Have you made any progress on your rumored AAG40 map or has the project, like many of my own, stalled out?

-Boxcars

• Yea i basically gave up. The map is really large enough and the utility of a slightly larger map is marginal IMO. I only make them because the OOB is too small. They finally listened to us people and made one the correct size.

• It’d still be nice not to have all the little edges and stuff

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m