• By ‘ACME’, you mean China being able to only enter limited territories?

• @Admiral:

By ‘ACME’, you mean China being able to only enter limited territories?

Yes, he does

• @Admiral:

I haven’t invaded any Mongolian territory yet, but I can see it being used as a possible flanking tool for both Japan and the USSR.

Once Russia is involved (global) Mongolia could see some action. I noticed that 2 Mongo tt don’t have def units in them (Central & Tsag). Jap (once China is finish in the north) could blitz its tanks and mech through say Tsagaan into Dz. Then the next turn might be able to cut off or delay the Siberians coming home to Reinforce Moscow. In the same token Russia could have its Siberians plow through Mongolia to aid China in its last stand, or at least set-up a counterattack for the Jap survivors in northern China.

• @WILD:

@Admiral:

I haven’t invaded any Mongolian territory yet, but I can see it being used as a possible flanking tool for both Japan and the USSR.

Once Russia is involved (global) Mongolia could see some action. I noticed that 2 Mongo tt don’t have def units in them (Central & Tsag). Jap (once China is finish in the north) could blitz its tanks and mech through say Tsagaan into Dz. Then the next turn might be able to cut off or delay the Siberians coming home to Reinforce Moscow. In the same token Russia could have its Siberians plow through Mongolia to aid China in its last stand, or at least set-up a counterattack for the Jap survivors in northern China.

I’m not sure if you can blitz through a neutral territory, even if it’s empty

• You know that’s a good question. I was assuming that you could blitz through an unoccupied neutral tt as you can any other unoccupied tt friendly or hostel. This is a question for Pac40 (Mongolia).

So how about it Krieg, can you?

Furthermore will you be able blitz through pro your side neutrals in Euro, whether they are occupied or not, keeping in mind that entering a pro neutral turns the units printed on the map to your side immediately.

One more, can you blitz through an unoccupied pro enemy neutral (provided there are a few in the Euro game).

• Official Q&A

Yes, you can blitz through unoccupied neutral territories when you attack them.  Of course, territories with as yet unmustered standing armies are not considered to be unoccupied.  As for blitzing through neutrals that are pro your side, that wil be illegal.

• @Krieghund:

Yes, you can blitz through unoccupied neutral territories when you attack them.  Of course, territories with as yet unmustered standing armies are not considered to be unoccupied.  As for blitzing through neutrals that are pro your side, that wil be illegal.

Can you blitz through a pro-you neutral which has an army?

• @Krieghund:

As for blitzing through neutrals that are pro your side, that wil be illegal.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Can you blitz through a pro-you neutral which has an army?

I think Krieg’s last line answered that, it also sounds like all the pro neutrals may have standing armies, otherwise I think he would have addressed the last part of my earlier post about blitzing though unoccupied enemy pro’s.   Is this correct?

• Official Q&A

You can’t blitz through neutral territories that are pro your side - period.  It doesn’t matter whether they’re occupied or not.

• @Krieghund:

You can’t blitz through neutral territories that are pro your side - period.  It doesn’t matter whether they’re occupied or not.

Then, in you Non combat, can you move a tank into a pro-you neutral and move it back?

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Krieghund:

Then, in you Non combat, can you move a tank into a pro-you neutral and move it back?

No.

• Krieg,
    I’m guessing that you take over pro to your side neutrals in your noncombat move (like the Dutch), as long as your enemy hasn’t invaded.

Then you would attack/invade neutrals that are pro to your enemy in combat phase.

• I did it so that i could have a safe place to put my units into while i began my invasion of China. Plus it is good for flanking their rear side. :-D (^^^)

• Official Q&A

@WILD:

Krieg,
    I’m guessing that you take over pro to your side neutrals in your noncombat move (like the Dutch), as long as your enemy hasn’t invaded.

Then you would attack/invade neutrals that are pro to your enemy in combat phase.

Seems like a reasonable assumption.

• What about the neutral ACME walls as we saw in Mongolia in AAP40? In global, when you “wake” a neutral territory, all the country is awaken as well? (Mongolia and Portugal will be examples for sure, and it’s probable that Turkey and Spain as well)

If ACME wall is totally cartoonish and ilogical for China, it’s even worst for neutrals, because you have not the bad excuse of the Chinese Civil War (that is represented anyway by the smurf-sized chinese army and income)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The only thing cartoonish around here are the constant complaints by Players, surrounding China’s rulesets and limitations.

It’s a game, get over it.  How cartoonish is it that artillery can take part in amphibious landings, or that it’s shorter (in terms of sheer movement distance) to blitz tanks through the northen steppes of Russia, or Across canada in one go, then it is to go from one Europen territory to another 2 away.

Or the fact posts about ACME walls, and complaints to Krieghund aren’t outright banned.

If it’s so bad for you that the game becomes unplayable. Leave the community. Please.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

It should also be noted “ACME” Situations in real life are not even that uncommon.

Like in Yugoslavia, They struck a deal with the allies, No air bombing of cities, for no AA shooting at allied planes.

Chinese infantry also often wore German Uniforms too, is that not ridiculous?

Or how about when Macarthur was ordered to bomb HALF of a bridge?

Better tell everyone on your twitter/myspace/facebook about these revelations so they can help you come up with some new, constructive material.

• @Gargantua:

The only thing cartoonish around here are the constant complaints by Players, surrounding China’s rulesets and limitations.

It’s a game, get over it.  How cartoonish is it that artillery can take part in amphibious landings, or that it’s shorter (in terms of sheer movement distance) to blitz tanks through the northen steppes of Russia, or Across canada in one go, then it is to go from one Europen territory to another 2 away.

Or the fact posts about ACME walls, and complaints to Krieghund aren’t outright banned.

If it’s so bad for you that the game becomes unplayable. Leave the community. Please.

Thank you for saying so.

What people tend to forget is that these annoying ACME wall rules are in place to prevent even more annoying and a-historical abuses, such as Chinese units marching across Russia to can-opener against the Germans (you know it would happen).

If a rule has been put in (especially by someone who is notorious for NOT wanting special rules), then please trust that it is there for a good reason.  I for one am inclined to trust the judgment of a veteran game designer who has a 30 year history producing success after success with a dozen versions and variants of a flagship game franchise than the nitpicking rants and whines of people who have had, shall we say, slightly less success as professional game designers.

• @purplebaron:

@Gargantua:

Thank you for saying so.

What people tend to forget is that these annoying ACME wall rules are in place to prevent even more annoying and a-historical abuses, such as Chinese units marching across Russia to can-opener against the Germans (you know it would happen).

If a rule has been put in (especially by someone who is notorious for NOT wanting special rules), then please trust that it is there for a good reason.  I for one am inclined to trust the judgment of a veteran game designer who has a 30 year history producing success after success with a dozen versions and variants of a flagship game franchise than the nitpicking rants and whines of people who have had, shall we say, slightly less success as professional game designers.

Are you one of the few(from what I’ve seen on the forums) people who think P40 is balanced?

• So you think that it has any logic that Japan (or any other power saving China) can march by Mongolia better than the very Mongolians

So you think that KMT should not attack their hated enemies bases at FIC or Korea, and not bomb lone jap trannies at chinese coast

So you think that th FT, a US voluntair unit, should not escape to home when China is lost?

So you think that chinamen are the only ones that can use magic lightsabres to destroy ICs, a think that only they can do?

So you think that KMT should not have any interest on attacking key zones for their war effort as Burma (in AA50) and India. Any?

So you think that chinamen would go against Germany if we had a normal China with a IC and a capital? KGF is truly a religion  :-P And sure they are not going to escape to anywhere in AAP40, why is the ACME rule in that game if there are no soviets?

So you think that Greece would stop at their homes when attacked by Italy? Oh, no, In real war they kicked Italian asses all the way to Albania, and that is not in Greece!

So you think that Franco would not fight back against any possible invader? Not even to recover Spanish territory?

Come on, you cannot be serious. There are rules that simply should not be there. I’m trying make the game better, can you say the same? Ban any ACME walls and then I don’t mind if you make some chinese civil war rule or the much needed non-agression treaty

And finally, chinamen entering in USSR is at least possible (not very probable, that for sure). Chinamen not attacking their enemies just and only because the enemies are not in China, that is not possible

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m