• This game looks awesome. Thanks for the info Veqryn. I will surely check this one out.

• Customizer

version 2.9 has been released, i’ve updated the links,
    this map is getting more fun by the day, and it is pretty well balanced now,
    each nation has multiple viable strategies, and each is quite fun to play in its own way,

go check it out!

• This looks very good.  I wish I had time to look into it.  I can see lots of “supportable” units, which I think helps give the game a combined arms look using a variety of units.

• Customizer

version 3.0
    changed some names around,
    and added 2 new units: Howitzer and Marshal of France.
    Howitzer takes over Mortars stats (1/1/1/3 supporting), and Mortars becomes a 5/1/1/7 supporting unit (not a great buy, but good if you general is right next to the battles and you need offense now and can not wait for a bunch of howitzers to make it all the way from your capitol.
    Marshal of France is a French only unit, 4/3/3/9 unit, that can blitz and can be supported.  You won’t see many of these, but france does begin with one.

playtesting has found the game to be very balanced as of 2.9, and 3.0 only refines that even more.

have fun

• Customizer

version 3.2 is up

new art mostly, and some minor tweaking

• Customizer

3.5 is up

• @Veqryn:

3.5 is up

What changes have been made?

• Customizer

armenia is easier for ottomons to conquer on second turn (turned the hard hitting defensive chasseur into a easy to kill hussar)
    russia now begins with 1 more transport-ship (barque) in the north (can be moved through the neva river if russia takes karelia from the swedes)
    and prussia has 1 less static defense (tower) in their capitol
    and corvettes are no longer supportable (should not effect much, there are 3 other units that are supportable still)(having a supportable sub generated too many rules-related questions, as to whether the support got first strike or not)
    candia/crete has a little more static defenses (someone found a breaking ottomon play that could capture it turn 2 regardless)

so far the split on games is about 50/50, but we need more people testing and coming up with new strategies.  there is plenty of room to find them

• Customizer

2 months of play-testing on 3.5 have basically confirmed that the game in really well balanced and pretty dang fun.

still, there is always room for improvement.

3.6 is now up,
    here are the changes:

Added 2 Russian Barques and 2 Cutters to SZ2 (remember there is a canal to sz3).
    Changed Fusiliers to Chasseurs in Finland.
    Removed 2 Spanish Fusiliers, upped Spanish starting IPCs by 7 (to 30) so that they can now choose to purchase new ground units, or instead spend the money on fleet.
    Added 1 Tower to Gibraltar, and reduced Gibraltar territory IPCs by 1 (to 2).
    Made convoys worth more: each of sz28 uk, sz38 france, sz50 france, sz61 france, sz73 uk Upped by 2 (to 6), and sz46 spain upped by 8 (to 12).  This change is balanced out by having some uncontested land worth less for the three nations involved.
    Change in Prices for units: Battleship cost 1 more (21).
    Upped Prussian and Swedish starting IPCs by 1 (to 27) so they still purchase a BB + Cutter on turn 1.
    Added victory cities victory conditions (12, 13, and 14 vc to win).

What effect do the changes have?
    Basically, Russia now has the option of going anti-sweden instead of anti-ottomon.
    And UK can now go anti-spain with much more effect due to the spanish convoy being worth more (and hence for spain to lose it would be roughly equivalent to UK taking swedish or french land territory).
    And the Med is slightly more important with 4 (2x2) additional IPCs in convoy money down there.

Have fun!
    VEQRYN

edit:

I also created a free-for-all (FFA) version.
    Which could be more historical (or less historical) depending on the alliances people make.

• I would like to play this as a board game with my gaming group.  Are you willing to share this game with me?  Can you give me the map file as a pdf file?  I would also need the rules as either a Word or pdf file.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m