Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• '10

@knp7765:

@Fishmoto37:

@Johnson73:

question is:  What are going to do with all those Italians?

He will surrender them all to the allies. Then the allies will have to use so many men to guard them nobody will be left to fight the germans. Its called team work.

HA HA HA HA!  Very good.  Better yet, the Italians can give all their Carro Armatos to the Allies then have them go up against Germany’s Tigers and King Tigers.

Sorry no King Tigers were ever in N. Afica.

• Customizer

I put together the Alpha+3 setup using first the old OOB Italian pieces then next using the new FMG Italian pieces.  Quite a difference.  I like FMG’s color better.
    You probably can’t tell because of the lighting, but for Germany’s tanks, I subbed out the OOB Panthers and put in HBG’s Panzer IIIs.  That seems suitable to me because I don’t think they had Panther tanks until 1942 but they did have Panzer IIIs in 1940.

Alpha 3 setup with old Italians.JPG
    Alpha 3 setup with new Italians.JPG

• Got mine Tuesday!HBG says it best-for use with any miniature wargame! I’ll be using a couple of my Littorios for my 1/3000 scale Armada  as a proxie battlecruiser.The DDs/MM will fit in with 1/2400 scale,the SM79/BR20 looks like they may fit in with the old
    1/432 Heritage/Pewtercraft Airpower range.These things are a gold mine!Don’t get me started on the armor.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@boboshonda:

Hmmmm…I didn’t get a tracking number in my email.  I hope that doesn’t mean anything bad.

I notice that spam filters etc sometimes catch UPS e-mails.  You can always PM me or e-mail to verify if you are worried.

Yes I got one UPS mail :-D

• Customizer

Looks like a pretty cool setup there KNP, I like that you’re using less chips… you plan on using a bigger map eventually?  Or does it seem to be working out ok with the OOB?

• Customizer

So far the OOB map is doing just fine for me.  I really do prefer to use actual units instead of chips.  That’s why I bought 5 sets of FMG’s Italians.  There are a few spaces like Holland/Belgium and Greater Southern Germany where I just have to chip up because those areas are just too small.  Also, the 6 Inf in S Italy and the 11 Inf in Germany have to be chipped up.  Most places I can do withouth the chips though.
    Eventually, I might get the big 1939 map from HBG.  I think I have enough table space now to accomodate it and I would like a bigger map.  I think you can still play 1940 on that map.  I’m not sure how I would go about enlarging the OOB map, but that would be really nice if I could.

• I know FMG has been busy with the shipment of Italians but I was curious on the development of the future countries. I know Germany is pretty much done. We saw some sculpts for the US and then it kind of slowed down. Any new info on the others would be greatly appreciated. I got my Italians and love them just hoping for news on the others. Thanks Dave

• '12

I got my Italians yesterday and I have to say - gorgeous!  Haven’t done a complete count yet but the only thing I look “short” on is only 4 cruisers, but I can pick up a couple from HBG so no worries!  The quality is spectacular and the color is perfect.  Bye-bye OOB pieces!  GREAT work, Jeremy & the FMG gang! :-D

Can’t wait to hand paint these suckers.

The ONLY thing I notice is that the infantry pieces are much leaner and more detailed than any others, making them slightly thinner than HBG & OOB pieces - not a quality issue by any stretch, just a difference in sculpts that I wish didn’t exist but not FMG’s fault - these are absolutely beautiful!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

WOW!  That is a HUGE Army!

Glad you like them!

Thanks for the support of this project.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, i ordered an italian army + dice but i lost my account on your web site with the moving on the new one. How can i see the status of shipping?  I’m in Italy so i expect it for late December, begin of January.

• Nice repair job on the Littorio on another thread here.The super imposed gun not too well done,don’t know how I missed that.Still a great set of minis.

• '10

@Stefano1189:

@FieldMarshalGames:

WOW!  That is a HUGE Army!

Glad you like them!

Thanks for the support of this project.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, i ordered an italian army + dice but i lost my account on your web site with the moving on the new one. How can i see the status of shipping?  I’m in Italy so i expect it for late December, begin of January.

Please PM me your order details and your address.  I will look into this for you.

• What’s the status of the German Units?  Behind schedule, on time?  On the website it shows ETA 12/30/11.  Are we looking at 1st qtr?

Thanks

• Just got my first order from FMGs today.  Three more sets are on the way.  The sets are packaged inside i small 5"x 3" x 2" cardboard box with 6 dividers. each divider holds a bag filled with 26 pieces: 9 naval, 4 infantry, 1 leader, 5 ground vehicles, 2 anti tank guns and five air units.  All my bags came uniform with respect to pieces except for one bag which had one fewer piece of infantry and one extra leader.
    One semovente came with the turret missing so I’m going to make it a command vehicle/personnel carrier.

Don’t forget to type in “Rommel” on your follow up orders to get the $5.00 discount!!!

Great job, Jeremy!!!

• ive been gon…catch me up

• Customizer

Hey Jeremy,
    It’s been a while since our last USA sculpts.  Any new ones yet?

• any updates on the on the Germans?

• '10

@Johnson73:

any updates on the on the Germans?

Mould is finished!  Just waiting for last Production Samples.  I will post pictures as soon as I have them!

• Mould is finished!  Just waiting for last Production Samples.  I will post pictures as soon as I have them!

Great news Fmg I can’t wait to see them. Any news on USA would be great. Thanks again for the updates.

• '10

Aaron (FMG Partner) had a FOUR HOUR meeting with the factory yesterday.  After meeting we were promised that all current projects on the table would be complete within 60 days. (this is what we were told).  So that means GERMANY and the new COMBAT DICE.

They also said they would be able to complete the remainder for the sets in 2012 to complete the project if we gave them the contract.

I will keep you posted to developments.

• '12

Thx for sharing the info FMG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m